VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
* Mesa Verde National Park- ancient cliff dwellings & tours
* Hovenweep National Monument- ancient towers & cliff dwellings
* Crow Canyon Archaeological Center- educational talks and experiential workshops about ancient peoples and dwellings in the entire southwestern states
* Dolores River Canyon- fly fishing, canoeing, hiking, picnics
* Telluride- skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, biking, fly fishing, 4-wheeling, fine dining, gallery walking, annual jazz & blues music, art & film, and culinary festivals
* Durango- skiing, snowmobiling, Trimble Hot Springs, Durango Narrow Gauge Railroad, hiking, mountain biking, rafting, fly fishing, brew pubs & dining, galleries, concerts & film festivals, Snow Down Festival, Music in the Mountains
* Pagosa Springs- hot springs, skiing Wolf Creek Pass, snowmobiling, hiking, fly fishing, horseback riding, 4-wheeling, blue grass festivals, meditation centers
* Moab and Canyon Lands, Arches National Park, Utah- technical rock climbing, hiking, slick rock biking, rafting, jeeping rallies, 4-wheeling, rafting
*Monument Valley - historic trading post and surreal rock formations
* Northern New Mexico- pueblos & native cultures’ annual feast and festival days, Chaco Canyon, Canyon de Chelley, arts and cultural events of Taos, Abiquiui, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and local hot springs with massage and body therapies
Casa Cielo, The Dwelling
Located on 40 acres of high-desert pinon juniper terrain on an open canyon ridge, this retreat vacation home floats above the Montezuma Valley. Off the beaten path, the only noise you might hear is the occasional contented mooing of grazing cattle or the yipping of skittish coyotes on graceful moonlit nights.
Your separate dwelling features two bedrooms ( 2 queens), 2 baths, and an open kitchen-living area. The encased windows let you contemplate the geologic intersection between valley, mesa and mountains. A sleeper couch in the upper-level open den which looks over the canyon from your front door can accommodate two additional people. A second building on the premises can be used for an additional dormitory or retreat space.
Personal guided fly-fishing trips with a resident master-fisherman and therapeutic massage sessions are available upon request. Enjoy our private hiking/mountain bike riding trail for those daily cardio workouts by stepping out your back door. The separate 400 square foot meeting hall can be used for secluded creative endeavors such as writing, music, meditation, yoga practice or other quiet activities.
Need to escape your daily routines and hectic schedules? Get creative, get quiet, or get active with unparalleled, thrilling, year round, outdoor experiences in a locale that offers hiking, biking,skiing, 4-wheeling, fishing, canoeing and rafting as starters.
In a more northerly direction, only an hour and a half drive away, is the glamour and glitz of a transformed mining town and ski area of Telluride. This Victorian vintage-style village is world famous for its annual outdoor music, arts, culinary and wine events, and film festivals.
Rich in First American cultures, we are within half a day’s drive to the pueblos of northern New Mexico and their festive feast days and unique artistic expressions in pottery, silver-smithing and upright loom weavings. Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque bring the colorful architectural and art influences of the old country of Spain and its more modern expressions through its mingling with southwestern traditions and landscapes.
Take a look at our web page: casacieloretreats.com
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
One week rate = $1,175
Check for monthly rates with owners.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Other Activities: snowboarding, snowmobiling, skiing, wildlife viewing, hiking and backpacking, cycling, health/beauty spa, boating, kayaking, rafting, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, raquetball courts, basketball courts, tennis courts, city golf course
About the owner: Leonard and Jeanne Cain were drawn to New Mexico and southwestern Colorado by the crystal clear skies, aspen and pine forests and rivers with their majestic red rock canyons. After working in rural health care clinics, they moved to the Cortez area where Leonard had a family medical practice. Mountain biking, backpacking, hiking, skiing, and fly fishing have been a few of their passions.
Their many years of zen study are reflected in the open quiet spaces they have built and the sculptural ceramic and fiber arts Jeanne currently pursues. After 35 years of living in the southwest, the family is eager to share their enchantment with this retreat setting and rich cultural crossroads of native american life, cattle ranching, and outdoor splendors.