VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Whether you are a honeymoon couple or a group of eight, we want to thank you for considering the Blue Bear Haven as your vacation destination here in the Great Smoky Mountains. Please take the time to read our top ten reasons to stay at the Blue Bear Haven. Free WIFI included.
1)This Chalet offers the perfect blend of Mankind and Nature. Your choice when visiting, is to simply turn right or left at the base of our mountain. Turning right brings you immediately into the National Park, and turning left brings you immediately into Downtown Gatlinburg. Location! Location! Location!
2) Waving to the passengers on the Aerial Tram from either one of the two large decks (or the Hot Tub), always makes your heart smile with satisfaction. With Mt. LeConte in the background, and the jealous Tram riders waving back, you and your family will be making memories which will never be forgotten.
3) The Blue Bear Haven is just what its name implies. A "Haven" of comfort and a "Bear" of convenience. With the lower deck and the double sliders, transferring luggage and foodstuffs from the level parking area is only three steps to the comfort of the indoors.
4) The upper deck is just as large as the lower deck. Gliders, Chaise Lounges, Tables and Chairs, and lots of room to roam, offer you the chance to truly enjoy the mountain air in our Nations' most visited National Park. From the upper deck you can also gain access to the Chalet through another set of sliders.
5) The Living Room features a Fireplace and a Surround Sound Cable TV with DVD/VHS Player,and a 5 disc stereo CD player. We also provide a selection of CDs, VHS movies, and best selling Novels for your listening, viewing, and reading pleasures. It is always decorated in respect to seasons and holidays.
6) Visiting the Great Smoky Mountains requires planning before you arrive. That is why we provide you with plenty of personal help answering phone calls and e-mails. Do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.
7) The Game room is where the action is! Everyone of all ages will enjoy the Foosball and Game Tables. We provide a variety of board games and there is a seating area nearby with yet another cable TV equipped with a VHS player,and a game system with 40 games to choose from! The Game room is enhanced with a lower level fireplace and adds ambience to this "Bear" of relaxation. Firewood is located right outside the door (seasonally). There are both a full size washer and dryer located in this "Haven" as well.
8) A very rare amenity in the Chalet is the Piano Bar! What better way to relax after a busy day vacationing than to kick back and sip your favorite beverage while listening to one of your fellow guests play the Piano? This unique area gives you the chance to take a break alone... or with the whole gang!
9) Throw your swimwear on and hop in the Hot Tub! The Tram is in view of course, but you are going to be way more comfy than those folks! The Hot Tub boasts a lightweight cover, multiple soothing Jacuzzi jets, optional lighting, and temperature controls for your enjoyment.
10) The Blue Bear Haven has two queen and two full beds. Two of the bedrooms are on the upper level, while the other two are on the lower level. This ensures privacy for separate families, couples, or children. Each set of bedrooms share a full bath and each set of bedrooms are graced with at least one cable television and a VCR player. Unlike many other chalets, all bedrooms have privacy doors.
Thank you for considering the Blue Bear Haven here in Gatlinburg. Please do not hesitate to call or e-mail for additional information.
Free WIFI,Two Fireplaces, Two Phones, Central Air Conditioning, 4 Cable TVs, 2 VCR players (VHS movies provided), Dvd player, Piano, Novels for your reading pleasure provided, Surround Sound Stereo, 5 disc CD Player, Automatic Ice Maker, Cooking Utensils provided and all Linens provided, Wet Bar, Pool and tennis (owners club shared), Hot Tub, Foosball table, Game table (games provided), Sega game system w/40 games, and personal escort service to the Chalet upon request...moreless
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
Property Damage Protection$59
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: Michael and Robin Griffin are transplants to the Smokies from Northwesten Indiana. They are blessed with two great children whom they have shared visiting 49 of the states over the 31 years of marriage. Traveling and National Parks have always gone hand in hand so it was only natural for them to end up in Americas most visited National Park. Unlike many out of town owners they actually live in Gatlinburg and that gives them an edge helping guests with advice about the area and up to the minute information.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes, Stoplight 10: The Blue Bear Haven is perfectly situated. When vacationing we wanted to be close to everything but not in the chaotic center of it. We wanted to play, but then relax as well. And if friends were joining us the driving directions were simple. Many days were spent using the Blue Bear as a rally point due to its' proximity and comfort. Finding Serenity in the Smokies was never so easy. We even renewed our wedding vows here at one of the Chapels!
The Unique Benefits at this Chalet: Waking up and seeing the sunrise over Mt. Leconte first thing every morning while listening to nature and watching the Aerial Tram make it's first quiet trip up to Ober Gatlinburg is a very peaceful way to start the day. Four to five minutes of travel gets us to the Store, the Park, the Owners Club and Pool, Ober Gatlinburg, or the lead to the By-Pass to Pigeon Forge. The location is excellent! And if we decide to stay in, there are plenty of books, movies, board games, and even a piano to keep us entertained.