Valle Ambra - Elegant Farmhouse with Pool, Sauna, Views!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bucine farmhouse description
Valle Ambra is set in the most desirable location in beautiful hills in the heart of Tuscany. Between Siena (25 km) and Arezzo (35 km) it is exactly in centre of the region. From this charming farmhouse it is easily possible to reach Florence (55 km north) and the Chianti area, spending the day tasting delicious wine in some of the world-famous wine estates, or going towards the south and enjoying the unique landscapes of Le Crete Senesi or the Val d'Orcia with the romantic towns of Pienza, Montalcino and Montepulciano. Valle Ambra is located on the 'Strada del vino Terre di Arezzo' (the wine route).
The wonderfully renovated house with every possible modern convenience is part of a large estate surrounded by olive groves, vineyards and oak woods. Even though the owner's house is on the same estate, the house is totally private and very quiet. In fact the villa of the owner is 1.5 km away. An unpaved private road (800 m) connects the villa to the main road.
Valle Ambra has a well-kept and fenced garden, full of flowers, olive trees and equipped with different relaxing areas, a large patio with a pizza oven and BBQ, a perfect place for al fresco dining during summer time. A few steps lead to the pool area with an amazingly large swimming pool. The pool area is equipped with long chairs, cushions and a very comfortable futon in the shade. Just next to the pool area there is the sauna room with an extra bathroom with shower. A private parking area is available. Valle Ambra consists of a main house and a large annex.
The main house measures 200 sqm and is spread over two levels. Refined with cotto floors and beamed ceilings, personally furnished by the owner, this is a perfect place to enjoy an authentic experience in the Tuscan countryside!
The ground floor consists of a large living room with fireplace and TV area (satellite TV). Each room on this floor has direct access to the garden. The dining room has a long wooden table in front of a large window with beautiful views onto the garden. Next to the dining room there is a fully equipped kitchen with fireplace, fridge, freezer, microwave, toaster, oven, 5-ring gas hob, double sink, American coffee machine, dishwasher and washing machine. On this floor there is a guest toilet.
A stone staircase (13 steps) leads to the first floor. On this floor there are 3 cozy bedrooms with en suite bathrooms: one double bedroom with en suite bathroom with bath (hand-held shower), a second double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower, a third double bedroom with en suite bathroom with bath, separate shower and double marble sink. This bedroom also has a safe and a large walk-in closet. All bedrooms are very nicely furnished with antique wooden furniture, cotto floors and beamed ceilings. In one of the 3 bedrooms the double bed can be split into two single beds.
Next to the main house there is a large annex of 180 sqm. The bright and spacious living room with fireplace has large windows and is equipped with a comfortable sofa, TV, CD-stereo and a long chair. The kitchen corner has a refrigerator and an electric range. The annex also features a double bedroom with a large en suite pink marble bathroom with shower.
The nearest small village is Ambra at 7 km. In Ambra it is possible to find a few shops, a post office, a pharmacy, restaurants and bars. Activities in the area: horse riding, polo club, wine tasting. The main points of interest are Siena 25 km, Arezzo 35 km, Florence 55 km, Le Crete Senesi - Asciano 25 km, Rapolano Terme (SPA) 15 km, Monte San Savino, 15 km, Radda in Chianti 20 km. Interesting fashion shopping is possible in the Valdarno area (exit A1 Incisa). In the outlet shop 'The Mall' located in Leccio 35 km from the property you will find a wide selection of designer fashion (Gucci, Armani, Emporio Armani, Marni, Pucci, La Perla, Salvatore Ferragamo, Valentino, YSL and many others).
The property's location makes excursions to Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, Perugia, Arezzo and Florence an easy day trip. But the area below Siena, stretching from the monastery of Monte Oliveto to Montalcino and Montepulciano, offers some rewarding sites that are well worth a visit.
Pool in winter ?
Tuscany is famous for its hot springs, belonging to a geothermic system that more or less encircles Monte Amiata, the most spectacular being Saturnia in the south west of the region. Steaming water collects in a number of white limestone basins - a rare natural spectacle and great fun to bathe in! Swimming is possible both in the natural basins and in smart thermal baths. Saturnia offers a wide range of comforts and even a sauna.
Close to the property is Rapolano Terme with two wonderful thermal spas - particularly beautiful are the San Giovanni Terme.
Bagno Vignoni has been popular since Etruscan times. St. Catherine of Siena is said to have appreciated its therapeutic qualities, as is Lorenzo the Magnificent, whose family built the splendid arcaded pool - a kind of flooded, bubbling piazza, famously used by Tarkowsky for some of the more surreal passages of his film 'Nostalgia'. Not far from this antique piazza there is a hotel with a lovely open air swimming pool, fed from hot springs. This is also available to external guests.
Bagni San Filippo may go into the record books as the world's smallest thermal spa - a telephone booth, a few old houses, an outdoor spring in the middle of the woods with glistening limestone formations and one small hotel with a public pool.
The Montepulciano thermal springs can also be enjoyed in an indoor thermal swimming pool. Let yourself be thoroughly pampered! Just relax here.
Included in the price is also a standard dinner on your first evening after a long trip.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
PLEASE REQUEST THE LINK OF OUR WEBSITE WITH ONLINE VIDEO. THANK YOU !
Keywords: Elegant farmhouse with pool, sauna, and lovely views near Siena, Arezzo, Florence and Radda in Chianti
- 200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- 4 en suite bathrooms, 1 guest toilet, 1 sauna room with extra bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Fireplace
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Mountain Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- The property's location makes excursions to Siena, Arezzo and Florence an easy day trip. But the area below Siena, stretching from the monastery of Monte Oliveto to Montalcino and Montepulciano, offers some rewarding sites that are well worth a visit. In San Quirico d'Orcia make sure you see the Horti Leonini, an early Renaissance garden, as well as the western door in the city wall and the Collegiata (main church). Montalcino is beautifully situated on a hill inhabited since Etruscan times, swathed in vineyards and olive groves. It is a quiet, affluent, attractive town with pretty buildings and flower-filled squares, and many shops selling the Brunello di Montalcino. Montepulcino is a graceful Tuscan hill town, best known for its Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, which was being praised by connoisseurs over 200 years ago and can certainly contend with Italy's best today. Pienza, the unfinished 'utopian' city, was commissioned by Pope Pius II in 1459. Chiusi is one of our favourites because of its unpretentious liveliness. Compared to Montepulciano it is uncontaminated by tourism. Chiusi has a railway station - from here it is a quick ride to the city centre of Rome. Monticchiello is a pleasant, walled village, whose crooked watch-tower is visible from afar. Next to the church is a small shop which sells local linens (towels, bedspreads) and materials in pure linen. They use traditional methods and patterns, and the results are extremely attractive. Visit the abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore and the semi-derelict monastery of Sant'Anna in Camprena - a very romantic setting which served as location for the film 'The English Patient'. Sant'Antimo is surely one of the loveliest Romanesque buildings in all of Italy. It is hard to imagine a more pleasing combination of architectural grace and natural setting. And last but not least, the landscape in this region of Tuscany is spectacular: The Crete Senesi are the eroded clay hills in the Orcia valley. These strange, pale, barren looking slopes, with their bare cliffs, broken gullies and white Jurassic limestone, look altogether more lunar than terrestrial. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Guest comment entered by manager
"Valle ambra more than met our expectations." A gorgeously furnished home hidden away in the Tuscan countryside. It was clean, comfortable and provided all the amenities we needed. The house and guesthouse comfortably accommodated our four couples. The only drawback was having to provide a rather large amount cash upon arrival for the balance of what we owed. It would have been much easier to have paid Hidden Italy in advance and have them send it to the owners.
- Guest Steph
- Date of stay 06/12/10
- Review Submitted 06/18/11
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 29 - Apr 19, 2014
7 night min stay
Apr 20 - Apr 26, 2014
7 night min stay
Apr 27 - May 3, 2014
7 night min stay
May 4 - Jun 28, 2014
7 night min stay
Jun 29 - Aug 30, 2014
7 night min stay
Aug 31 - Sep 27, 2014
7 night min stay
Sep 28 - Nov 29, 2014
7 night min stay
- Refundable Damage Deposit: €1000
- Taxes Not included
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: +49 2223908019
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 26, 2013
4 Bedroom / 4.5+ Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.