VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Welcome to the Green House a uniquely handcrafted home with all the amenities needed to make your beach vacation memorable.
This chalet style home is set back from the street, providing room for gardens and off street parking. The lovely light and airy living room, spacious windows and French doors open onto the expansive sundeck. Full sun, market umbrellas, lounge chairs, tables and a barbecue creates a relaxing and beautiful outdoor living space. Three unique bedrooms, spa bath and chef's kitchen are all provided for your enjoyment and pleasure in this unusual home.
We are located near Twin Lakes' Beach and the Yacht Harbor, midway between Capitola and Downtown Santa Cruz (both 10 minutes away). There are six fabulous restaurants within walking distance, ranging from a Hawaiian grille to a high-end Italian restaurant, and a favorite, Southwest inspired Nuevo Grill. If you prefer a short walk down the beach to dine you will arrive at the yacht Harbor, the popular Palomar Mexican restaurant and the Crow's Nest. The Crow's Nest is a great place on Wednesday to watch the sailboat races or enjoy the sunset, a glass of wine and a bite to eat, great appetizers.
Blacks Beach is at the end of 14th Avenue (our beach), and is a local's favorite. The beach is stunning and offers some of the best sunsets in Santa Cruz. It's great for boogie boarding and swimming. It is a lovely stroll from Black's Beach, past Twin Lakes Beach to the Yacht Harbor. Dogs are allowed on the beach on leash and bonfires are allowed at night.
HISTORY: The Green House was hand built from 1950 to 1955 by a family working together to create their dream. The beautiful cedar for the walls and ceiling was brought from the forests of Washington state, wonderful Victorian doors and a fireplace mantle were recovered from old Santa Cruz mansions. The Green House features many gables, odd roof lines, wall angles, small nook spaces, creative staircases and the unusual scalloped molding that was hand cut with great care. With the home on the second level and an additional bedroom on the third level the Green House has beautiful light and the airy feeling of a tree house.
• SLEEPS 1 - 8: Perfect for families or couples traveling together.
• 3 BEDROOMS: Master bedroom with king size bed and crib, middle room has a queen size bed and two bunk beds, attic room has queen size bed. Reading lights, extra blankets and extra pillows are provided. A fold out futon resided under the king size bed for your use.
• 1 SPA BATHROOM and 2 HALF BATHS: The spa bath is a dream come true with a Jacuzzi tub, two shower heads and two sinks. Plus an additional half bath in the attic bedroom and a half bath off of the living room.
• FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: Two drawer dishwasher, five burner gas stove, oven , microwave, coffee maker, blender, toaster and a sno cone maker for the kids! All cookware, dinnerware, utensils and linens to set a beautiful table.
• AMENITIES: Cable TV with DVD players in both the living room and master bedroom, high speed DSL, laundry facilities (washer, dryer, laundry soap, iron, ironing board), sundeck with gas and charcoal BBQ's, beach mats, sand toys, cooler, fireplace and wood, fully equipped kitchen, high quality linens and towels, CD's, board games, books and, very important here in Santa Cruz, ample off street parking for you and your guests.
• PROVIDED FOR GUESTS: Fresh cut flowers, coffee from Santa Cruz Coffee Roasting Co., information on what is available to do and see in and around Santa Cruz and doggie treats should you desire to bring your pet.
Keywords: House, Great for Families, Beach, Deck, Pet Friendly, Kid Friendly
Winter in Santa Cruz Oct 1 - May 14, 2015 60 night min stay
Summer in Santa Cruz May 15 - Oct 1, 2015 7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Friday
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$500
MONTHLY RENTALS: The refundable deposit for monthly rentals is $1000 and move out cleaning will be charged based on time needed to restore the house to its pre-rental status.
Refundable deposit due at contract signing. Rental fees in full due 30 days prior to arrival.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: I have been lucky to live in Santa Cruz most of my life. I grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains and moved into town in 8th grade. After leaving the area for college and travel, I found myself back here. It seems for many, Santa Cruz is a difficult place to leave. I purchased the Green House and Cottage in 1994 from the original owner and builder of the main house (Green House). Soon after, I met my partner, michael, we created our 'dog family ' (now four) and in 2009 we gave birth to our baby girl Emelia. Converting the Green House and Cottage into vacation rentals is our solution to me being able to 'take Emelia to work', rather than go to daycare. She is a wonderful 'helper' and I feel very lucky to be able to spend time with her while offering others the opportunity to enjoy the property.
Primary:(831) 462-3470 (California, USA)Kim Cupp of Santa Cruz Sand Vacation Rentals