Handcrafted Beach Home, 2 Blocks to Black's Beach on 14th Ave
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Welcome to the Green House a uniquely handcrafted home with all the amenities needed to make your beach vacation memorable.
This chalet style home is set back from the street, providing room for gardens and off street parking. The lovely light and airy living room, spacious windows and French doors open onto the expansive sundeck. Full sun, market umbrellas, lounge chairs, tables and a barbecue creates a relaxing and beautiful outdoor living space. Three unique bedrooms, spa bath and chef's kitchen are all provided for your enjoyment and pleasure in this unusual home.
We are located near Twin Lakes' Beach and the Yacht Harbor, midway between Capitola and Downtown Santa Cruz (both 10 minutes away). There are six fabulous restaurants within walking distance, ranging from a Hawaiian grille to a high-end Italian restaurant, and a favorite, Southwest inspired Nuevo Grill. If you prefer a short walk down the beach to dine you will arrive at the yacht Harbor, the popular Palomar Mexican restaurant and the Crow's Nest. The Crow's Nest is a great place on Wednesday to watch the sailboat races or enjoy the sunset, a glass of wine and a bite to eat, great appetizers.
Blacks Beach is at the end of 14th Avenue (our beach), and is a local's favorite. The beach is stunning and offers some of the best sunsets in Santa Cruz. It's great for boogie boarding and swimming. It is a lovely stroll from Black's Beach, past Twin Lakes Beach to the Yacht Harbor. Dogs are allowed on the beach on leash and bonfires are allowed at night. If you are looking for an off leash dog beach, you can take a short walk down East Cliff to 22nd Avenue where dogs are allowed off leash morning and evening.
HISTORY: The Green House was hand built from 1950 to 1955 by a family working together to create their dream. The beautiful cedar for the walls and ceiling was brought from the forests of Washington state, wonderful Victorian doors and a fireplace mantle were recovered from old Santa Cruz mansions. The Green House features many gables, odd roof lines, wall angles, small nook spaces, creative staircases and the unusual scalloped molding that was hand cut with great care. With the home on the second level and an additional bedroom on the third level the Green House has beautiful light and the airy feeling of a tree house.
• SLEEPS 1 - 8: Perfect for families or couples traveling together.
• 3 BEDROOMS: Master bedroom with king size bed and crib, middle room has a queen size bed and two bunk beds, attic room has queen size bed. Reading lights, extra blankets and extra pillows are provided. A fold out futon resided under the king size bed for your use.
• 1 SPA BATHROOM and 2 HALF BATHS: The spa bath is a dream come true with a Jacuzzi tub, two shower heads and two sinks. Plus an additional half bath in the attic bedroom and a half bath off of the living room.
• FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: Two drawer dishwasher, five burner gas stove, oven , microwave, coffee maker, blender, toaster and a sno cone maker for the kids! All cookware, dinnerware, utensils and linens to set a beautiful table.
• AMENITIES: Cable TV with DVD players in both the living room and master bedroom, high speed DSL, laundry facilities (washer, dryer, laundry soap, iron, ironing board), sundeck with gas and charcoal BBQ's, beach mats, sand toys, cooler, fireplace and wood, fully equipped kitchen, high quality linens and towels, CD's, board games, books and, very important here in Santa Cruz, ample off street parking for you and your guests.
• PROVIDED FOR GUESTS: Fresh cut flowers, coffee from Santa Cruz Coffee Roasting Co., information on what is available to do and see in and around Santa Cruz and doggie treats should you desire to bring your pet.
Keywords: House, Great for Families, Beach, Deck, Pet Friendly, Kid Friendly
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Convertible bed(s)
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Bunk Beds (1)
- 1.0 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Wood Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Theme Parks
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Fitness Center
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
HIGH SEASON: May 15 - Sep 15: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years $2000/week plus 12% county tax and $125 cleaning fee ***one week minimum*** LOW SEASON: Sept 16-May 14: except Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years $275/nt or $1500/week plus 12% tax and $125 cleaning fee ***2 night minimum*** MONTHLY RENTALS DURING LOW SEASON 1-3 months: $3800/mo plus cleaning...4 or more months: $3400/mo plus cleaning
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
- Nearest Airport: The secluded end of Twin Lakes Beach....local fav at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: I have been lucky to live in Santa Cruz most of my life. I grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains and moved into town in 8th grade. After leaving the area for college and travel, I found myself back here. It seems for many, Santa Cruz is a difficult place to leave. I purchased the Green House and Cottage in 1994 from the original owner and builder of the main house (Green House). Soon after, I met my partner, michael, we created our 'dog family ' (now four) and last year we gave birth to our baby girl Emelia. Converting the Green House and Cottage into vacation rentals is our solution to me being able to 'take Emelia to work', rather than go to daycare. She is a wonderful 'helper' and I feel very lucky to be able to spend time with her while offering others the opportunity to enjoy the property.
- Primary: (831) 462-3470 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Your home...the Green House...
Game, breakfast or reading nook in living room
Dining room with expanding table to seat eight
Attic bedroom with window dormers and great light.
Hallway bedroom with queen bed and a set of bunk beds.
Jacuzzi tub perfect for relaxing after a day at the beach...
The end of 14th Avenue and entrance to our amazing beach.
Everyone wants their paws in the sand!
Expansive Living Room with Cozy Couches, Fireplace, TV and nook
Fully Appointed Kitchen, Limestone Countertops, Seating for Eight
Master Bedroom with Vaulted Ceiling and French Doors Opening to the Deck
Half bath in attic bedroom.
Double sinks in the spa bathroom
Large Deck with Grills Overlooking the Garden. Perfect for an Evening Dinner!
&quot;Our&quot; beach, truly a locals favorite!
Take and evening stroll on the beach and watch the sun set behind the lighthouse
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Saturday, April 13, 2013