Classic Fishing Village Cottage Overlooking the 10,000 Islands
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Pleasure Island at Club Everglades is paradise for the boating, fishing, hunting, and many other outdoor adventures including airboating and tours of the Everglades National Park.
This private island oasis of single family, sportsmen inspired waterfront homes are designed reminiscent of Old Florida. Welcome to the 10,000 islands, world class fishing, and the stone crab capital of the world.
This 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath, sleeps six. Panoramic views from the front porch, luxurious amenities, floating concrete docks (included in rental fee), clubhouse with 4 flat screen TV's, and wet bar, community pool with large deck perfect for lounging, full time Island caretaker and water taxi are waiting for you! This private island paradise is surrounded by the Everglades National Park and nestled in the 10,000 islands, a truly unique experience!
The extraordinary tidal flow of the Barron River brings with it an immense array of local and sometimes non local species of fish. Fishing is prevalent year round directly outside your front porch. There are also many photo opportunities for porpoise, manatees, sting rays, airboats, etc., which capture the local flavor of the island.
Our house is decorated in classic Olde Florida colors creating a warm, inviting and comfortable environment. It is furnished with all you will need and the amenities (3 flat screen TV's, exercise facility, computer, etc.) to make your stay memorable. If you are seeking a tranquil and peaceful environment with the opportunity to explore nature at its best, this is where you need to be.
Keywords: Waterfront, Fishing, Boating, Kayaking, Swimming, Exercise Facility, Shopping, Dining, Entertainment
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- King size beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
- 2.0 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Pool Table
- Computer Available
- Broadband Access
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
ReviewsWrite a review
This is our second family vacation at this beautiful home. The homeowner is very easy to work with and was very informative prior to our arrival. The photos accurately reflect the home's appearance and amenities. The concierge, Sandy, was very helpful getting us settled in and familiar with the quaint island. The kids loved fishing off the lighted docks. We were able to dock our boat and had easy access out to the gulf. The whole family enjoyed staying on this peaceful island and can't wait for our next trip to the Everglades.
- Guest KD
- Date of stay 03/23/13
- Review Submitted 04/11/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, sightseeing, adventure seekers.
Peace and Quiet
Peace and Quiet
Absolutely wonderful vacation home. “Cottage” hardly describes this place with its light, airy, spacious rooms, vaulted ceilings, and tasteful furnishings. Pristine inside and out; everything looked brand-new. And quiet surroundings, to say the least; lovely front porch the length of the house overlooking sleepy waterway couldn’t be more relaxing. Just be aware: No cars allowed on island; location requires a short (one-minute) water taxi ride requiring a phone call for each ride. (Friendly, prompt service though.) Free only 8am-10pm; otherwise $20 per ride. Also dock on mainland side not well-lit and step from dock to boat can be 20”+ at low tide.
- Guest Doug T.
- Date of stay 03/11/13
- Review Submitted 04/11/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, sightseeing, romantic getaway.
A wonderfully relaxing location.secluded quite good for bird watching ,fishing,and the airboats.the house is fantastic. Only minus booking could be made easier
- Guest Butler white
- Date of stay 02/19/13
- Review Submitted 02/21/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Thank you for your review. In response to booking, we are required for all renters to complete a lease and application with original signatures.
A Great Place to Relax
A Great Place to Relax
We enjoyed greatly staying at this property which was very accurately described and photographed by its owner. It was not our first time in Everglades City, but this time was by far our most relaxing and pleasant stay. We travel with an 11-month old baby, and my husband and I were hesitant about staying in a hotel room with restricted space for him to crawl, so we decided to look into a house as an option. And this cottage with its open living space was a great option! Renting the house was an easy process because the owner is very respectful, diligent in responding to emails, and flexible. The house is beautifully decorated, and it is clean and well equipped. We cooked most of our meals in the house and did not have any issues finding the necessary kitchen gear. There were also plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. My husband and niece went out for a kayak trip which was facilitated by the island concierge, who was extremely helpful and very customer-service oriented. Overall, we had a wonderful time, and we are certainly planning on doing it again next year!
- Guest Happy Customer
- Date of stay 04/21/11
- Review Submitted 04/26/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, adventure seekers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
There is a $150 charge on each stay for cleaning and condo fees.
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 10%
- ARRIVAL Whether arriving by boat or by vehicle, tenants/guests must check in with the island concierge. They should give the concierge as much notice as possible of their arrival so that parking and docking can be planned. The ferry runs from 8AM to 10PM on call. Earlier or later ferry service is at the total discretion of the concierge and for a fee. -PARKING Parking areas are solely for personal vehicles. Licensed vehicles may be parked in the Storter Avenue parking lot for twenty-four hours, after which the concierge may request the vehicle be moved to the Buckner Avenue lot. Boat trailers must be parked at the Buckner Avenue lot. Vehicles and trailers are parked at the lots at the risk of the tenant. The association will not be held liable for any damage or loss sustained to vehicles or trailers parked. - DOCKAGE (Tenant live-aboards are prohibited) Dockage is solely for personal vessels, and is on a first come first served basis with unit owners taking priority. The island concierge may be required to move your boat to accommodate others if you are not available. All vessels must be properly licensed. Water and 30amp and 110 volt electrical service are provided on the dock on a limited basis and are not guaranteed. All tenant vessels require approval by the board of directors, but vessels over 30 feet in overall length or those with excessive utility service requirements may be required to pay additional dockage fees. Tenants dock their vessels at their own risk. The association will not be held liable for any damage or loss sustained to vessels docked at Club Everglades. Fuel, sewer pump out, and ship’s store is not available at Club Everglades. Personal Watercraft are not allowed in Everglades City or Everglades National Park. - GRILLS Grills may not be used on porches. Charcoal grills must be used away from the houses and off the porch and on the ground. Fire extinguishers are provided with each home and tenant/guest should review extinguisher location and operating instructions. No campfires or open fires allowed. - NUISANCES Tenants/guests shall not use nor permit the use of their Units or the Condominium Property in any manner which will be disturbing or be considered a nuisance to other Residents, or in any way be injurious to the general reputation of Club Everglades or other Residents as per the By-Laws. - NOISE Tenants/guests shall exercise extreme care to regulate the use and occupancy of their Units and to minimize noises in the use of musical instruments, radios, television sets, amplifiers, other loudspeaker devices in Units and on Condominium property so as not to disturb any other persons occupying Units within the Condominium property. Fireworks are strictly prohibited. - USE OF COMMON ELEMENTS The Common Elements shall not be obstructed, littered, defaced, or misused in any manner. Nothing shall be hung nor exposed on any part of the Common Elements. Do not hang towels on the porch railings. When exiting the Clubhouse, close the doors and turn off the lights. - TRASH All garbage and refuse or other waste materials must be secured in garbage bags and placed at the foot of your entry stairs by 9:00am each morning. If you need to dispose of trash after 9:00am, please place it in the trash can under the chickee hut on the south dock. Special pick-ups should be called into the Concierge. - PETS TENANTS/GUESTS MAY NOT HAVE PETS of any kind on Club Everglades Property. Violation of the rule will be cause for immediate eviction. - SWIMMING POOL Hours of operation for the pool will be posted. Each person using the pool shall do so at his or her own risk. Each child under the age of twelve (12) years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult. An adult shall be defined as a person 21 years and older. Teens should be prepared to provide proof of age by way of a Driver’s License, Learner’s Permit or a Photo ID. Glass and other breakable objects may not be utilized in the pool or on the pool deck. Food is strictly prohibited on the open pool deck, but may be consumed in the club house or under the covered portion of the pool deck. Diving and running on pool deck are strictly prohibited. Bicycles, skateboard, and the like are not allowed for safety reasons. Due to health concerns, all children must be potty trained to use the pool. No diapers or swimmy pants.
If you have any questions please contact the owner.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
Charming cottage overlooking Everglades National Park
Master Bedroom with Balcony and King Size Bed. Master Bath has Jacuzzi Tub/showe
Second Master Bedroom with trundle beds and flat screen TV with direct TV .
Open, Airy Living Area. View of Mangroves, eagles, and Nature at its BEST.
Full Kitchen with Breakfast bar Direct Water Views Large dining area steps away
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Monday, May 20, 2013