Thanksgiving Week Available!!!!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sullivan's Island house description
Grab a rocking chair and sip cocktails on the front porch of this charming oceanfront beach home! The Ford Beach Cottage, built in 1908, is one of the few remaining ''historic'' cottages on Sullivan's Island. This home is inviting, the interiors are crisp, white slipcovers, two hammocks, and a swing set for the kids!
The large open floor plan offers two living rooms and a spacious screened porch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Two master bedrooms are located on the first floor with French doors opening to the screened porch. Also downstairs, is a child's playroom/bedroom with bunk beds and a chalkboard wall for creative fun! Recently upgraded bathrooms. Upstairs, two additional bedrooms offer twin beds. They share a large balcony offering a bird's eye view of the Atlantic Ocean, the Charleston Harbor and the Morris Island Lighthouse. You can sunbathe, watch the ships come into port, or leave the screen doors open for a nice breeze at night.
The Ford Cottage rents Saturday to Saturday during prime seasons. A deposit of 50% is required at the time of booking. Balance is due in full two weeks prior to arrival.
When you want to take a break from the beach, historic downtown Charleston is a 10-minute car ride across the famous Cooper River Bridge. 10-miles away, you can bargain with our vendors at the famous slave market, shop for sweetgrass baskets, sample the food in five star restaurants, take a carriage tour, see the sharks at the Aquarium and walk along the battery at White Point Gardens. Not to mention, the great art galleries and antique stores along King and Broad. It's the ultimate family vacation wrapped up in one!
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- A pack n' play crib is provided for guests with small children.
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Bathrooms are newly renovated!
- Our kitchen is fully equipped with a a gas range and double ovens, ice maker and a dishwasher. Cabinets are stocked with nice dishes, top of the line cookware, mixers, blenders, bake ware, and even an ice cream maker! The mudroom features an additional refrigerator/freezer and a front load washer and dryer. Additional features include wireless internet, two outside showers, a gas grill, high chair for little ones, ping pong table, 5 cable TVs and DVD players throughout. The city park and tennis courts are just a block away. You can walk to popular seafood restaurants. And, don't leave the island without grabbing a burger from Poe's Tavern! Your family will truly feel comfortable here! Just 10 minutes away, visit Historic Charleston. You can bargain with vendors at the famous slave market, shop for sweetgrass baskets, sample the food in our 5-star restaurants, take a carriage tour, discover sharks at the SC Aquarium and explore history at White Point Gardens along the Battery....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sight Seeing
sports and adventure activities
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
forms of payment
- Accept Credit Card
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Linens Provided
- Sofa Bed
- Filtered Water
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pantry Items
- Lobster Pot
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Wood Deck
- Outdoor Grill
- Child's Swing
- Screen Porch / Veranda
ReviewsWrite a review
We had such a fantastic time this past week on Sullivan's at the Ford Beach house. The house was gorgeous, tastefully decorated and absolutely perfect for families with kids. Our boys loved the playhouse and swings and the train table and toys in the bunkroom closet. The older kids got a real kick out of sleeping on the day beds on the porch. This was our first trip to Sullivan's Island and we found that it is the perfect destination for a family beach vacation. There are some great restaurants within short walking distance from the house (we could walk with our pre-schooler, which tells you just how close it is!) Also within walking distance is a lovely shaded park/playground, tennis courts, a quaint firehouse (a big hit with the little boys), a cozy branch library with very friendly librarians and a resident cat. The beach is fun for small children and because it is so long and flat makes for a perfect place for morning jogs. The house itself is well supplied for entertaining and we made the most of that. There is every kitchen gadget you could ever hope to use (crab pot? check!, waffle iron? check!, orange juicer? yup, they've got that, too) The Tuesday afternoon Farmer's Market in Mt. Pleasant and the fish markets at Shem Creek (both within 10 minutes of the house) were great sources for fresh, local food for our feasts. We also loved the proximity to Charleston and were able to sample a few of the cultural offerings of the Spoleto festival. We hope to return again to Sullivan's Island and would love to stay at this house.
- Guest Anna 3 (Raleigh, NC)
- Date of stay 06/07/09
- Review Submitted 06/07/09
$4350-$8000/wk US DollarsThanksgiving, Christmas And New Years Rent Saturday To Saturday Only. For your convenience we accept all major credit cards. (AmericanExpress, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.) ***Reservations Are Subject To A Five (5) Night Minimum Stay.***Dates Available: Year Round Rates do not include taxes, cleaning and booking fees. They may vary by time period and are seasonally adjusted.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Charleston/AFB/International Airport at 18.9 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Poe's Tavern at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Patriots Point Links at 4.1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Hight Thyme and Station 22 at 0.3 Miles
Portrait Sullivan's Island Oceanfront
Perfect place to enjoy ocean views
Crisp slipcovers... a great family house
Three bedrooms on first floor
Chalkboard wall for creative fun!
Sleeping with Marlin!
Views of the Atlantic from 2nd floor balcony.
Watch the ships come into Charleston
Wake up to views of the Atlantic Ocean
Bunk beds, train table, & cable tv
Each bedroom w/ newly renovated baths
Oceanfront balcony on 2nd Floor
Well equipped kitchen... ice cream maker included!