Magnificent Tahoe Chalet Only $1500 Per Night!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Stateline chalet description
If you cherish beauty, privacy and seclusion, and have several families or a group retreat in mind, Fjeldheim (Norwegian for 'Mountain Home') is the only South Shore VRBO to consider. This 9000-square-foot, non-smoking home is situated on one of the only ten acre lots in the entire Tahoe basin, surrounded by centuries-old pine forests and breathtaking views of the lake.
It is designed in traditional Norwegian style, with architecture typical of southern and western Norway, and furnished with unique treasures and antiques from these regions and the rest of Europe.
The lot size makes the house feel remote, but it is only minutes from all that South Lake has to offer. In winter there is cross country skiing, snow shoeing, and sledding available from the back door, as well as the uncrowded Nevada base lodges of Heavenly Mountain Resort for downhill skiing and snowboarding, just five minutes away.
In summer, the Tahoe Rim Trail passes within a half mile of the house, and rock climbing and mountain biking abound. Kahle Recreational Center offers a huge playground for kids only minutes from the house, and Nevada State Beach, with three miles of lakeshore, is a ten minute drive.
The house is perfect for family reunions, corporate or company retreats, and weddings. It has a full chef's kitchen with a four burner, commercial grade Wolf range, 36' griddle, overhead broiler, and an oven that easily fits several lasagnas or a 20+ lb. turkey. The main house, Fjeldheim has five master suites (either king or queen beds) with their own bathrooms, two more private bedrooms that have hall baths and a loft area with seven double beds and two twins. The loft also has its own full bathroom.
We have a 48' Viking gas barbeque outside by the lawn overlooking the lake. On the lawn and deck, we host weddings, receptions and birthday parties with 70+ guests. It is an ideal venue for enjoying Tahoe in the summer.
The outdoor hot tub also has breathtaking lake views and a subterranean sauna, perfect for relaxing after a long day on the trails or on the slopes.
Broadband wireless serves the entire home and grounds.
The property has a full-time, discreet caretaker living in the guest house.
For luxury, privacy, and convenience, there is no better choice than Fjeldheim.
- 9000 sq. ft.
- 4 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 30, Beds for 24-30
Bathrooms: 8 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Video Game Console:
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Pool Table
- Video Games
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Computer Available
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water View:
- Mountain View:
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Tahoe's South Shore is just six minutes drive from Fjeldheim, and always bustling with activities and attractions. Shopping, dining, gaming, and golfing are the strong suits in town. Right on our 10-acre property and the 10,000 adjoining acres of National Forestland you can enjoy trail-running, mountain biking, slacklining, hiking & cross-country skiing, including the Kingsbury Trailhead for the Tahoe Rim Trail, just over half a mile from the house. In the opposite direction, taking State Route 207 over Daggett Pass and down into the Minden Valley, you must visit the Tahoe Ridge Winery Bistro (on Highway 395 in Minden, call for directions). Wine tasting, wine-and-dinner pairings, and many other creative ways to enjoy great wine, gourmet food, and fine olive oil, will be going on there all year 'round. Ask for Chef Howard Jachens and see what he's up to. Whatever it is, join him. Winery tours also leave from the Bistro, to visit the various local vineyards and the winery itself. Tahoe Ridge Winery is the ONLY Nevada winery to grow, ferment, bottle, and sell its own single-grape wine. They also blend excellent wines sourced from other nearby vineyards (like around the Sacramento area)....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional Fees and Taxes:
13% Douglas County Occupancy Tax
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Reno Cannon International Airport at 57 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: State Route 207 (Kingsbury Grade) at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Zephyr Cove at 5.6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Mott Canyon Tavern & Grill at 1.8 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Heavenly Mountain Resort (Boulder Base) at 2.9 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Edgewood Golf Course and Country Club at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Charthouse Restaurant at 0.8 Miles
- Primary: (775) 588-4112
- Secondary: (603) 235-9991 (Nextell Wireless)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Dining area and fireplace (table can be extended to seat 30)
One of four upstairs bedrooms in the main house, private full bath, king bed
Sunset view with 48" gas grill (hot tub is just out of the frame, to the right)
Adjecent, open air hot tub, deck, and lawn with lake views.
Billiards and gaming room with full bar (which you must stock yourself)
Exterior view in winter, most bedrooms are on the second floor
Sitting area with lake views
Full kitchen, four burner, 36" griddle Wolf range
One of four upstairs bedrooms with four-poster bed, private 1/2 bath.
The town of South Lake Tahoe, Mount Tallac in background
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 25, 2013