Modern Ski-in/Ski-Out Mountain Retreat, 40-Mile Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Canyon Lodge Resort chalet description
This is a rare, gorgeous, ultra-modern ski-in/ ski-out retreat/vacation home owned by local journalist and guidebook author. A perfect all-season getaway for two families with bike and ski trails through the national forest right out the frontdoor. Set above Canyon Lodge amidst the old-growth pines, this mountain retreat was rebuilt from the ground up in 2008. Lofty ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, exposed pine beams, local wide-plank red-fir floors, local black-slate hearth, stainless steel appliances, 48' Jenn Air range, concrete countertops, steel and hardwood railings, hardwood decks with views to the White Mountains (14,252 ft.). Roomy enough to accommodate two families, with all the necessary amenities and lots of extras for an ultra-comfortable mountain getaway.
Keywords: Ski lodge, Summer retreat, cabin, house, gourmet kitchen, views
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Catering Available
- Wood Stove:
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Wet bar, spacious mudroom/entry for gear storage, dining table seats 12, printer/fax/copier, stereo system with hookup for iPod or computer, spacious master suite with private deck, deep 6-foot tub and dual head walk-in shower, kids' room loaded with toys and books, open loft for playroom or overflow sleeping, loads of sunshine and views stretching from the Mammoth Knolls to Long Valley to the White Mountains. ...moreless
- Video Library:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
Deck / Patio:
Wrap-around Brazilian hardwood deck with terrific morning sun and big views across Long Valley to the White Mountains. Private deck off master. Plus rooftop sun deck over garage with views of the Sherwin Range....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain Biking
- Medical Services
- Fly Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Available for monthly rentals only. Unlike nearly all of its peer resorts across the country, the Town of Mammoth Lakes does not allow the short-term rental of single family vacation homes. If you would like to stay in a private home in Mammoth this season, and pay the same 13% lodging tax that guests pay at motels and condos, rather than flying to Park City or Aspen or Whistler where single-family home rentals are legal, please sign this petition to change Mammoth's outdated and overreaching zoning code: http://www.mammothvhr.org/petition/. Also, please send an email to Mayor Lehman (Matthew@matthewlehmanappraisal.com) and/or a brief letter to the editor of The Sheet (firstname.lastname@example.org)....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Available for monthly rentals only. Unlike nearly all of its peer resorts across the country, Mammoth Lakes does not allow the short-term rental of single family vacation homes. If you would like to stay in a private home in Mammoth this season, and pay the same 13% lodging tax that guests pay at motels and condos, rather than flying to Park City or Aspen or Whistler where home rentals are legal, please sign this petition: http://www.mammothvhr.org/petition/ to change Mammoth's outdated and overreaching zoning code.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: David Page is the author of the award-winning Explorer's Guide to Yosemite & the Southern Sierra Nevada (Countryman Press/W.W. Norton), which has been called 'the definitive (as well as wonderfully eccentric) guide to the immensity of the Southern Sierra' and 'a splendid resource for exploring a remarkable land.' He has written for the Los Angeles Times Magazine, The New York Times, Outside, Skiing and Men's Journal. His wife, Allison, native of New York City, is a veteran ski instructor and a realtor with Snowcreek Property Company.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Great room, woodstove, dining, loft
Views across Long Valley to White Mountains
Wood-fired hot tub.
Private sledding hill out the back door.
Guest room 1
Guest room 2/office
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, November 30, 2012