Beautiful Sunsets Over Chincoteague Bay
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Chincoteague house description
Sunset Cove is an architect-designed home perched on the waterfront in the quiet Smuggler's Cove neighborhood on the northern end of Chincoteague Island. The downstairs living room has a stone fireplace and comfortable seating with views of the water and woodlands. There is one bedroom and bath downstairs and three bedrooms on the second floor, all with water views. The house has been our second home and is furnished with a blend of antiques and comfortable contemporary furniture, with local art and crafts decorations.
Visitors to Chincoteague Island love the location -- even in the busiest times of the summer season, it is quiet and peaceful. Watching the sunset from the deck is a favorite evening activity. There is also a screened porch with table and chairs, off the kitchen. Sunset Cove is a special retreat, perfect for a romantic get-away or family vacation. You will love the 'lookout' on the second floor, with window seats on three sides, overlooking the bay and quiet, wooded neighborhood.
Keywords: Waterfront Home
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Queen size Beds (2), Twin or Single Beds (4), Baby Cribs (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Even the bathrooms are decorated with local artist work!
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Board
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Water View
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Medical Services
- Miniature Golf
- Chincoteague is known for its fishing and oysters, in addition to being the access point for the National Wildlife Refuge on Assateague Island, home to the wild ponies made famous in 'Misty of Chincoteague.' More recently, Wallops Island just south of Chincoteague has become an active launch site for space vehicles, including the spectacular launch of LADEE on September 7, 2013. The quiet location of Sunset Cove is perfect for families, couples and those interested in a slower paced getaway. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Fantastic house and property!
Fantastic house and property!
This is an amazing house on a breathtaking piece of property! The sunsets were incredible. The kayaking around the property was awesome. We paddled straight from the house... seeing eagles, salt marshes, the bay and sunsets...one week of heaven! The view from every room is beautiful and the upstairs "roost" was so much fun to watch the beautiful surroundings. Everyone had a week to remember and brought back fantastic photographs! We'll be back for sure!!!
- Guest Kim (Hendersonville, NC)
- Date of stay 06/22/13
- Review Submitted 07/03/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, tourists without a car, girls getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, adventure seekers, families with young children.
Guest comment entered by manager
1. Chincoteague Island, Virginia This tranquil landfall off Virginia's coast is famed for the feral Chincoteague ponies that roam nearby Assateague Island. Every July since 1925, the Pony Penning and auction floods the town with tourists there to watch the ponies gallop down Main Street. This area is a nature-lover's nirvana all year round, though, with Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge and the Assateague Island National Seashore, home to herons, bald eagles, and woodpeckers. If the weather is keeping you from visiting the birds' natural habitat, the Refuge Waterfowl Museum exhibits extensive wildlife murals, skipjack boat models, and wildfowl woodcarvings by renowned decoy crafters like carver-in-residence Delbert "Cigar" Daisy. Victorian inns and ice cream parlors, clam shacks serving Chincoteague oysters, and beachfront BBQs complete the Norman Rockwell picture. Tip: Watch rocket launches at the NASA Visitor Center at the Wallops Flight Facility where Science on a Sphere Theatre projects 3-D effects on a suspended six-foot-diameter globe, depicting the moon, Jupiter storms, and Earth as seen by astronauts.
- Guest AOL Travel section
- Date of stay 06/01/10
- Review Submitted 12/04/10
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Sunset Cove is located in the quiet neighborhood of Smuggler's Cove. The homeowner association rules require a ONE-WEEK minimum rental year round. You will want to stay as long as you can! Rates in the fall are heavily discounted.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1989
Ken and I came to Chincoteague years ago and fell in love with the island. We found Smuggler's Cove and had architect Steven Gantner design a special second home for us. It is now is a favorite family vacation home that we share. We kayak in the Chincoteague Bay, catch blue crabs, bike and enjoy the beach. Spending even a few days here helps us relax and feel like we've had a long vacation. We hate to leave!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Sunset Cove is perfect in every season and on any kind of day. There are sunny decks, a shady screened porch, cozy windowseats and lots of room to spread out. The water views are great -- shorebirds, seagulls, and just watching the waves. Even on the occasional rainy day, you can curl up on a sofa, watch a movie or read a book. And the kitchen is designed for people who enjoy cooking with a group -- lots of counterspace!
- Primary: + (520) 908-3170
- Secondary: + (520) 490-5403 (Arizona, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
From the water, you can see the back deck's chairs, privacy and great views.
Living Room with Fireplace has inviting places to read, relax, enjoy the views.
Eating area in Kitchen has great views too! Cook or carry-in island seafood.
'Front Yard' water view from the decks. Birder's delight!
Ponies roam Assateague Island, where the beaches are long and beautiful!
You will be unable to resist a sunset photo each night!
A cook's Kitchen is fully equipped with center island and water view.s
Downstairs Master Bedroom has a private bath and access to the waterfront deck
Sunset view of Smuggler's Cove and bay from Sunset Cove back deck.
Imagine this with a glass of wine on the deck!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Monday, September 09, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.