Black Otter Cove Vacation Rental and Retreat, Vancouver Island
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
East Sooke house description
Welcome to Black Otter Cove Vacation Retreat. We invite you to enjoy the many beautiful amenities which are naturally here and available for your enjoyment. The house consists of two individual, self-contained suites, the main floor ""Quail's Run" and second floor "Sundance" suite, or may be rented together.
Within only forty minutes from downtown Victoria, and twenty minutes from the cozy community of Sooke, lies a spacious paradise of vast, exciting tidal shorelines, and towering forests with over thirty miles of nature trails. East Sooke is tucked away into the most southwesterly corner of Vancouver Island, and is primarily natural coastline. If it is privacy, protected wilderness, and wildlife you are looking for, then be prepared to be awed by a vacation of a lifetime. Visiting us is never a one time experience!
The property is only a few yards from a waterfront of gently shallow tides, clear water -- warm enough to swim in the summer. In addition to marine exploration and kayaking, there are hiking trails and a breathtaking abundance of nature at its best.
Feel free to contact us with any special arrangements you may wish to make your vacation perfect. A request in advance can provide your party with a massage, car rental, bicycles, kayaks, scuba gear, tours, reservations for a special night out for dinner and theatre or wine tours to our many local vinteurs. Owner will
arrange for Whale Watching Tours or Fishing Charters on request.
* There is a two night minimum stay in shoulder and low season.
* There is a three night minimum stay required in high season & on long weekends.
* There is no smoking allowed inside the premises (including the outdoor decks).
* Children must be supervised at all times and wear life jackets in the water.
* All guest must sign and submit to management the kayak usage agreement prior to use of kayaks.
* If a guest would like to use the Art Studio, they must book an appointment.
* Crab fishing traps provided at no additional cost (1 day license required).
* Check in is at 4:00 pm unless otherwise arranged.
* Check out is at 11:00 am unless otherwise arranged.
* For check in information and door entry access codes, please call
* For booking information, please call
* A deposit of 50% must be paid at the time of booking.
* The remaining balance is due two weeks prior to arrival date, unless it is a last minute booking, where 100% payment is requested at the time of the booking.
* Cleaning costs are per booking or as otherwise noted.
* The cleaning fee for one suite is $100.00.
* The cleaning fee for the house is $150.00.
* Additional cleaning may be requested at guest expense.
* There will be a $15.00 charge daily for all guests over four per suite.
* For kayak use, there will be a one time charge of $60.00 + GST.
* A refundable damage deposit of $500.00 is due at check in.
* Sufficient notice of at least 30 days will result in a full refund less a $50.00 administration fee.
* Notice of less than 30 days will result in a loss of deposit if the suite is not re-booked.
* There are no refunds when leaving early.
This is a quiet, private location, and it is expected that all residents will maintain this peaceful atmosphere in consideration of other residents and neighbors. Loud parties and other excessive noise after 11:00 pm is not acceptable according to local By-Laws. Management reserves the right to ask guests to leave if there are major disturbances. You will be charged for any significant damages. We thank you for your understanding and we hope you have a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
Keywords: House which consists of two fully self contained suites. See also: Sundance Suite at Black Otter Cove Vacation Rentals, and
Quail's Run at Black Otter Cove Vacation Suites can be rented separately, or rental of the two suites together. 2 bedrooms /suite plus extra sofa beds
- Vacation Rental
Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
There is no minimum age. It is best if the two suites are not rented by the same party, that small children/infants book the lower "Quail's Run" suite as less noise is transferred. Also, the children would be on the main floor which would be more secure on the decks....moreless
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 4-9
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Wood Stove:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- This incredibly private location provides quiet, peaceful appreciation of nature up front and personal. Only feet from the deck, the ocean is replete with wildlife, and a huge rocky encropment which can be accessed at low tide by foot, revealing live sea life such as star fish, crabs, sea anemone, and much more. As well, fishing and crabbing can be done on location. Kayaks are provided for exploration of the coastline. The location is in a protected location, Sooke Basin, and the cove is protected from winds and storms. Close by is the Provincial East Sooke Park with many extensive trails through the lush forests of the Pacific Coast....moreless
- Shared Hot Tub:
- Video Library:
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
Amazing views of the ocean up front and personal. Regular visitors are the seals, otters, eagles, swans, geese, and other ocean birds. At low tide the rocky beach turns into tidal pools of live sea life to be explored Books provided on the sea life (star fish, crabs, anemone, etc.) to be found live. Crabbing, fishing on location!...moreless
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Theme Parks
- Live Theater
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
ReviewsWrite a review
beautiful waterfront retreat
beautiful waterfront retreat
My husband and I recently stayed at this beautiful waterfront retreat. Our two bedroom appartment was spacious, well-equipped and supremely comfortable. The water views were spectacular. The hot tub on the deck overlooking the ocean was an added bonus. This is an ideal retreat for anyone who just wants to get away from it all or for a family that wants a perfect waterfront vacation.
- Guest rainey (Comox, BC)
- Date of stay 03/10/12
- Review Submitted 03/27/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
HIGH SEASON (Jun 1 to Sept 30) Suite: $230/night..$1,610/week; House: $440/night..$3,080/week SHOULDER SEASON (Oct 1 to Dec 21,Mar 15 to May 31) Suite: $215/night..$1,505/week; House: $410/night..$2870/week LOW SEASON (Jan 3 to Mar 14) Suite: $200/night..$1,400/week; House: $380/night.. $2,660/week *Inquire about Holiday Rates*
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 09, 2012