Luxury Beach-House with Stunning Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Ballyheigue cottage description
Ballyheigue is a beautiful seaside village offering plenty of amenities to the foreign and local tourist. The village contains everything for your everyday needs, shops, post office, restaurants, and five pubs including the White Sands Hotel. The landscape is domintated by the ruins of Ballyheigue Castle which overlooks the bay and whose grounds now contain an acclaimed 9 hole golf course.
Ballyheigue is easily accessible: Kerry Airport: Ryanair, Aer Arann flights, 30 minutes by car; Shannon Airport, Aer Lingus, Ryaniar, etc is one hour drive.
House is situated in Ballyheigue, next to Ballyheigue Castle and golf course, with panoramic views overlooking the sea, and a gentle stroll from restaurants, pubs, traditional music, shops, beach.
Ballyheigue beach, nestled into small cliffs defining the start of Kerryhead, offers particularly safe bathing in exceptionally clean water. Further along the beach towards Banna strand is the Black Rock, a good beach fishing area. Kerryhead offers excellent rock fishing along with panoramic views accross Tralee bay of the Dingle peninsula and the Maherees. The sounth coast of Clare is clearly visible accross the Shannon mouth on the North side of Kerryhead.
Walking routes have also been established.
Our luxury holiday-home is fitted to the highest standards: gas-central heating and gas-hob, TV with all local and international channels- up to 50 channels-including CNBC, BBC etc, with DVD player and surround sound, also Sony radio and CD player.
Your luxury home is set in tranquil surroundings and within 100 yards of miles of sandy beaches. Enjoy a game of golf in local golf course. Bring the kids and enjoy a day on beautiful sandy Ballyheigue Beach; take a swim in clear clean Atlantic waters.
Serious golfer can play the famous Ballybunion Golf Courses (two 18 holes courses: prior booking necessary), known worldwide as one of the best courses in the world; Tom Watson was a recent Captain. Not forgetting nearby Tralee Golf Course at Barrow designed by Arnold Palmer and as seen on Sky Sports. Or visit the bustling nearby town of Tralee home to the Rose of Tralee Festival, and with many fine restaurants and visitor attractions.
Visit historic Dingle and majestic Killarney; or drive the stunning Ring of Kerry. For a gamble stay during for the famous Tralee or Listowel Horse Racing Festival. The ocean, rivers and lush, green pastures provide the food ingredients that are used to create imaginative dishes presented in our pubs, hotels, and ‘good food circle’ restaurants.
And, all of this is wrapped up in the warmest of warm welcomes.
Keywords: BEACH HOUSE
- 120 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Gas Fireplace
- Parking Off Street
- Our luxury holiday-home is fitted to the highest standards, gas-central heating and gas-hob, TV with all local and international channels- up to 50 channels-including CNBC, BBC etc, with DVD player and surround sound, also Sony radio and CD player, also Sony PS2 with games, Gas central heating, Full Kitchen with Gas-Hob, Linens and towels provided, NO SMOKING HOME WE HAVE LADIES' AND MENS' GOLF CLUB TO RENT AND CAN ARRANGE GOLF COURSE BOOKINGS TENNIS RACQUETS AVAILABLE IN HOUSE FOR USE AND TENNIS COURT IN COMPLEX....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- CD Player
- Video Game Console
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Music Library
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Mountain View:
- Golf Course Front:
- Equestrian Events
- Rock Climbing
- Medical Services
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Recreation Center
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Walks: Ballyheigue and Kerryhead form part of the North Kerry Way which is a signposted walk running from Tralee (where it joins the Dingle Way). Local walks can vary from simple walks along the beach to more difficult treks over Maulin Mountain. One thing you will be sure if is fantastic views of Tralee Bay and Brandon Mountain as well as the coast of Clare accross the Shannon estuary. On a clear day you can see as far as the Magillicuddy Reeks (the highest mountain range in Ireland) to the South and all the way to the Aran Islands (off the coast of Galway) to the North Golf: The Ballyheigue Castle Golf Club is a wonderful 9 hole parklands course and a tough test of ones handicap. The first few holes take you up to the woods above the village before coming down through the Castle grounds for a finish on the front lawn with spectacular views of the bay. The Slip: Ballyheigue also has a small harbour located about 2 miles from the Village on the road back to Kerryhead. IT is a popular spot for rock fishing and for launching pleasure boats. The Ballyheigue Rowing Club is also based here and the Slip is also used by Open Water Swimmers and local Kayakers. Further along Kerryhead are a number of excellent Rock Fishing locations although they can be dangerous in rough tides. The Beach: Ballyheigue beach is the start of a 7 mile stretch of white sand running all the way past the Black Rock and Banna to the mouth of Barrow Harbour. The beach itself is particularly safe for swimmers with a very gradual slope and is also manned by lifeguards during the summer months. Beach Fishing is also popular (Bass, Plaice etc.) and at low tide you will often see fishermen digging for bait (lug worms). The Black Rock marks the end of Ballyheigue beach about 2 miles to the South and is also a good fishing spot. Surfing is also popular although the bigger swells tend to arrive at Sandy Lane (located about a mile past the Black Rock)....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
€700 per week YEAR-ROUND ........ €795/week for Summer months For your convenience payments accepted via PayPal and most credit cards Property Availability Calender may not be accurate - please email.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Shannon at 40 Miles
Why the Owner Chose Ballyheigue:
Beautiful 3 bedroom cottage- with luxury fittings to amke your stay really memorable.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Relaxation, Great food, Great bars with nightly singing-Great Guiness-Fantastic scenery. 'Ballyheigue is a hidden gem, with its beautiful unspoilt beach, friendly atmosphere and thriving community. The perfect place for a family holiday'
- Primary: +353 872347075
- Secondary: +353 872265607
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Three bedroom luxury sea-side house with stunning views
Sitting room is spacious, bright, luxurious with panaromic views of bay.
Kitchen-Dining area with gas-hob and oven.
View from house: village/shops/restaurants/beach @ 100yds,
Beach: clean, beautiful Atlantic water.
3 bedrooms sleeping six people.
Ballyheigue Castle and Golf Club
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Sunday, November 17, 2013