Country Home Overlooking Pond and Vineyard
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Spencer house description
Our country getaway overlooks a two acre pond and is adjacent to 360 beautiful private wooded acres. There are 5 vinyards nestled in the woods and around the pond/house. Our winery is just a short walk through a vineyard to the other side of the pond.
Three of the rooms feature 2 queen beds, 2 person whirlpool baths, electric fireplaces, dish TV, DVD players, and Wi-Fi.
One room has a King bed, shower/tub.
One room has a queen bed with shower bathroom down the hallway.
Our house has 2 full kitchens. The main kitchen is a cooks dream come true.
200 acres of timber, 50 acres of native praire and wildflowers, 45 acres of wetlands, and the Little Sioux River meandering through the property make this a nature lovers paradise.
Hike the trails that lead to the vineyards, canoe or kayak the Little Sioux River, or enjoy some of our award winning wine while relaxing in one of the pergolas or on one of our decks/patio.
The pond is great for fishing or swimming and boasts some of the clearest water you can find.
Keywords: Swimming, fishing, kayaking, hiking, canoeing, bird watching, wine tasting, and hunting are some of the activities you can enjoy while visiting our property.
- 5000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18, Beds for 14-18
- Queen size Beds (7) king sizebeds (1)
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- 3 two person jetted tubs 4 showers 1 tub/shower combo 6 toilets
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Coffee Maker
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- volley ball, and other yard games available/ swim and/or fish for large mouth bass in the clear water pond (it is amazing)/ if we are working in the vineyards feel free to join us(we will teach you all about growing grapes)/ hike or mountain bike the miles of trails to the other vineyards/ walk over to Innspiration Winery and taste our wines for free/ use our canoes or kyaks to explore and/or fish the Little Sioux river(walleye and northrn in the spring and fall, catfish in the summer)/ watch wildlife and share some wine or a cold drink from the cabin site or the pergola in the vineyard(deer, turkeys, eagles)/there is currenty an eagle nest a mile south of the vacation rental/ hunting pakages available in the spring and fall/guides are avaiable for both hunting and fishing...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Pool Table
- Video Game Console
- Video Games
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
The vacation rental is surrounded by agricultural land and timber. Deer and turkey reside in the timber and with an eagles nest just 1 mile south by the river, eagles can be seen soaring overhead. ...moreless
- Hunting Small Game
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- The clear water pond is great for swimming and fishing. Vineyards are an integrel part of the landscape. The winery is less than a block away. Our 370 acre timber farm with trails, vineyards, and the Little Sioux River running through it, starts just across the road. If you enjoy an outdoor rural setting this vacation rental is for you. The property can operate like a bed and breakfast during standard rate period and the off season. You can have your own private bedroom/bathroom, but share common areas with other guests. There are 2 complete kitchens for your convenience. The single room rate is one half the whole house rate. During the summer season it rents only as a complete unit so you can have family reunions, weddings, or buisness retreats on the property. Innspiration Winery is located on the other side of the pond. Taste the wines. Enjoy a bottle while lounging on the deck. Schedule a winery and vineyard tour. Try your hand at karaoke. Listen to live music on Friday nights during the Summer and Fall. Hunting pakages available for deer, turkey, and pheasant(call for info). The 370 arce farm adjacent to the vacation rental has 200 acres of timber, 70 acres of wetlands and CRP, and 100 acres of cropland. This farm supports good populations of whitetail deer and turkey. Guide service is avaiable. Out of state hunters must enter the lottery to obtain a licience for deer and turkey. We are the perfect spot for cross country skiers. There are trails throughout our woods or down to the Little Sioux River. Call for snow conditions. We see many eagles below the dam in Linn Grove during the winter, and there is an eagles nest about a mile south of the vacation rental so you can see eagles as often as you want. The Little Sioux River offers oportunities for fishing, floating, canoeing, kayaking, or snowmobiling. We have a private access 1 1/2 mile South of the vacation rental or there are public access areas all along the river. Google 'inkpaduta canoe trail' or check out the 'linngroveiowa.org' website....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
You have put Linn Grove on the map!
You have put Linn Grove on the map!
A great place for our generations to gather with families and share our memories and tales of times past with laughter and enjoyment. A relaxed, comfortable home well appointed and cozy, with beautiful surroundings including vineyards, winery & cellar, boating & swimming pond and surrounding farm lands. Families from California, Florida, Virginia and Iowa enjoyed their reunion and found it well worth their trips to the heartland of America and this wonderful facility.
- Guest The Cousins (FL,VA,CA & IA)
- Date of stay 06/20/13
- Review Submitted 06/24/13
Recommended for: People with disabilities, families with young children, age 55+, girls getaway, sightseeing.
VRBO Vineyard home with pond.
VRBO Vineyard home with pond.
Paul & Sheila's home was an excellent fit for our family. Each of our three grown kids, their spouses & our grandchildren had enough space. But better yet- we had wonderful common space to enjoy each other's company. We did our own cooking (each couple prepared one entire meal) and loved the gourmet kitchen, spacious dining facilities & enormous deck. Our Grandchildren we able to fish on the dock with "Docker" a kitty who wandered in. We all enjoyed the pond, kayaking & canoe. We also loved the serene vineyard setting. Thank you for sharing your wonderful home! B&B K & Family 8/2011
- Guest B&B K (Lisbon)
- Date of stay 08/20/11
- Review Submitted 10/17/11
Recommended for: People with disabilities, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Great bed and breakfast. Wonderful, gourmet breakfast. Gracious host and hostess. Excellent accommodations. Nice pond for kayaking or canoeing. Good location for day trips to Iowa great lakes.
- Guest Leslie D. (Orlando, FL)
- Date of stay 06/22/11
- Review Submitted 06/26/11
Recommended for: People with disabilities, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 23 - Sep 2, 2014
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sep 3 - Jan 4, 2015
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
You can rent single rooms during the standard rate period and Fall season for 50% of the whole house rate. Common areas are shared with other guests similar to a bed and breakfast.
Hunting pakages can be arranged by calling the owners.
Standard rates apply Jan 5 thru May 22
50% due 60 days in advance, the balance is due on arrival.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $700
- Tax Rate 7%
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 10 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Swim in our pond or go to Okoboji at 40 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Winery is 1 block or go to Sioux Rapids at 6 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Cross country Ski out the front door at Spencer
- Nearest Golf: Great 9 hole course at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Sioux Rapids or Peterson at 6 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Paul and Sheila operate the vacation rental/retreat, vineyard and winery.
Why the Owner Chose Spencer:
This property is for those who want to reconnect with family and friends and nature. It is for those who want to experience life in a rural farming community where you can hear the sheep baaahing in the evening, the coyotes yelping at dusk, the eagles and hawks soaring in the day, and millions of stars at night. Renew your spirit. It's time for some innspiration.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Be inspired in this relaxing country setting. Ideal for family reunions and retreats. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Five miles of trails connect the vineyards, river access points, and scenic spots on our 370 acre farm.
- Primary: 7122964966 Please leave a message if I don't answer. Thankyou
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
swim or kayak in the crystal clear pond
Enjoy meals in the great room overlooking the pond
The Lake Room has 2 queen beds, electric fireplace, dish TV, and a deck.
roadside view of house
Bride coming down the deck stairs. pergola in the background
swing set in the front yard
lake room bath
great room, kitchen view
stomping grapes on the front deck
pergola in the river road vineyard
float or fish the Little Sioux River in one of our canoes or kayaks
Unwind in one of our 2-person whirl pool baths
The house from across the pond
a secluded valley in the timber
bride and bridesmaid in the vineyard
mountain room bathroom
the front yard during a grape stomping event
view of the vineyard from the vacation rental deck
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Monday, March 03, 2014
5 Bedroom / 5.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Please leave a message if I don't answer. Thankyou
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.