Harbor Terrace - Beautiful Retreat in the Centre of Murter Town
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Murter apartment description
Your personal part of heaven at the Mediterranean. Narrow cobbled streets. Smell of fresh figs on your way home from the local fish restaurant. Fresh localy grown fruits and vegetables on stands near by. Fresh air and the cleanest sea you can find within miles.
Find your privacy in this luxury and fully renovated apartment in a stone wall house in the centre of Murter. Choose one for your ultimate convenience and let the fresh air take you away on your superb stay in your secluded part of the paradise.
This two bedroom unit is located on the first floor of the The Harbor Terrac which is an old stone, fully renovated house . Bedrooms provide perfect comfort for two adults and two children. A large kitchen, dining and living room open up to the fully furnished and secluded balcony overlooking the narrow streets of the downtown.
Architecturally designed and built, apartment is equipped with the latest modern conveniences, providing you every luxury you might need during your holiday.
In the lower level of the house you will find a family run gallery of fine arts, paintings by local artists, wooden artefacts, home made jewellery of sterling silver and Adriatic corals as well as local Murter products such as olive oil, home made jam and marmelade and excellent range of wines you can enjoy in the privacy of your apartments.
Croatia is famous for its amazing coastline. While the island of Murter, where the Harbor Terrace is located, may not be as well known as some other beaches and islands, it will certainly not disappoint. Located in central Dalmatia between Zadar and Sibenik, Murter is a true island but is easily accessible by car across a small bridge. The island is small enough to avoid overcrowding in the summer, but is still buzzes with activity and provides all the amenities that you would want for even a lengthy holiday.
The Harbor Terrace is conveniently located in centre of the old city. Everything you are looking for is located right outside of your front door. Within a walking distance you can find clear ocean and gorgeous island beaches. Enjoy living in the downtown with everything by your hand; convenient stores, farmers market, bars and restaurants where you can endulge in alfresco dining.
While you never need to leave Murter to enjoy a complete vacation, you can venture out and enjoy a wonderful day trip to Split or other destination along the Dalmatian coast. Alternatively, hire a boat at the marina and spend the day exploring the Kornati Island National Park, consisting of 89 islands, just off of Murter.
Keywords: our personal part of heaven at the Mediterranean
- On floor 1
- 70 m²
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- King size beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1), Bunk Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Murter island and nearby sites Except taking beautiful walks on the beach, exploring the old town and it’s vibrant galleries, souvenir shops, bars and restaurants, taking a hike on many trails through olive tree gardens, First Class Croatia is advising you to visit the following and whatever you choose, if not all, you will not regret it. NATIONAL PARK KRKA The empire of Krka River, the magnificent karstic beauty traveling two thirds of its way to the sea through canyons. On its green path, it has seven falls, the last one being Skradinski buk with an average flow of 55 cubic meters of water per second. National Park Krka is rich in flora and fauna. 222 bird species live there, making it one of the most valuable ornithological areas in Europe. You can visit it by boat, car or on foot. Make sure you visit the ethno museum on one of the old mills. National Park Krka also has the only hawk training center in Croatia where you can see presentations of hunting with hawks and hawk trainers’ skills. http://www.npkrka.hr/#/pocetna/?lang=eng&p= KORNATI ISLANDS NATIONAL PARK is a group of about 130 islands, islets and reefs sprinkled in the deep blue sea of the Adriatic covering an area of about 64 square km. The Kornati have no permanent inhabitants, although the present owners from nearby larger Dalmatian islands periodically visit Kornati to tend their vineyards and olive groves, bringing their sheep to graze. The sea around the islands is rich with fish and a variety of marine life.... The islands have no spring water, only rainwater collected in water holes. The unique feature of the islands lies in their rugged shores with many caves and coves. The landscape of chalk limestone is covered with bushes of rosemary, juniper, lavender, thyme, myrtle and sage. Pathways leading to steep and huge cliffs facing the open sea and others gently decline towards the sea, ending in a small bay with a jetty and one or two fishermen's cottages surrounded by pine, olives and fig trees. There are daily boat trips from Sibenik or Murter to Kornati islands. http://www.kornati.hr/eng/index.asp PAKLENICA NATIONAL PARK is Croatian National park that cover the most attractive parts of southern Velebit, as well as its highest peaks, all located in Lika region. Paklenica is an area of unusual contact between the sea and the mountain, rich in natural forests of beech, black pine and mountain pine. http://www.paklenica.hr/Paklenica_en/index_en.html Besides making trips to the National Park, exploring the countryside and seeing what sport opportunities there are is also recommended. As already mentioned there are many water sports you can join here like sailing, water skiing, windsurfing...Nautical center is situated in Šibenik where you can get all detailed information. We must not forget diving around Kornati, since it is a really special event, as is also the rafting on the river Cetina. Rafting on the river Cetina is a special adventure where you can see the karst area by the river and test your adventure spirit. We also suggest visiting the nearby Skradin, renting a bike in a rent-a-bike center and exploring the countryside. For the brave and those who search a true adventure there is bungee jumping from the Sibenik Bridge. All who have tried bungee say they would like to try in once more and maybe this is a good opportunity to do this, for the first or some other time. NEARBY CITIES 1. City of Sibenik – one of the oldest native Croatian cities on the Adriatic Sea. http://www.sibenik-tourism.hr/en/ 2. City of Zadar - a city of exceptional history and rich cultural heritage, a city of tourism http://www.tzzadar.hr/en RESTAURANTS AND BARS (our guests recommended): 1. Restaurant Fabro, Murter http://www.restoran-fabro.hr/ 2. Restaurant Boba, Murter http://www.restaurantclub.hr/291-boba.html 3. Restaurant Tic Tac, Murter http://www.tictac-murter.com/#/home HOW TO GET HERE Flight to Croatia: If you are flying to Zagreb – take a A1 highway to Murter island (Kornati and Vodice exit). Total of 300 Km If you are flying to Split –take a A1 highway to Murter island (Kornati and Vodice exit) 50 kilometers or local road trough City of Trogir. Zagreb airport: http://www.zagreb-airport.hr/ Split airport: http://www.split-airport.hr/index.php?lang=en Zadar airport: http://www.zadar-airport.hr/en Croatian airliner: http://www.croatiaairlines.com/?langid=en By train: Croatian Railways http://www.hzpp.hr/Default.aspx?sec=282 By boat: Croatian national ferry/ship company http://www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?lang=2 For more info about events, local sites, shopping, beaches, sport clubs please email us or visit Murter Tourist board web site: http://www.tzo-murter.hr/Default.aspx?sifraStranica=21 ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Lovely downtown stay
Lovely downtown stay
Upon arrival, we were greeted by Ivo, who very friendly explained us the possibilities of the appartement and some local info. The details about the parking space were not so clear, but this wasn't a real problem in our period, because it was not yet top season, so there were available parking spaces on the street. The appartement looked exactly like the photos and the description and everything was OK. The main bedroom was a little bit smaller than expected, but with a very comfortable bed. To us, the only real problem was the heat. The airco in the main dining room is OK for that place, but wasn't able to cool down the 2 sleeping rooms. When opening the windows, there was always some street noise (not too much!), so the suggestion for an extra airco system for both bedrooms is given. Murter is a very nice island and town and a very good basis to undertake several excursions or go hiking or biking on the Island itself. Thanks Tea, for the suggestions about some local points of interest and restaurants. We would love to come back on a next occasion!
- Guest Vanc Travel (Zoersel, Belgium)
- Date of stay 07/01/13
- Review Submitted 07/18/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with teenagers, tourists without a car.
Guest comment entered by manager
We are very happy because we decided to stay in this apartment. This was a great vacation and we will come back here. We took the boat tour of Kornati Islands National Park- absolutely incredible! Booked through Kornati tourist office on main square- very nice people!
- Guest Jan Host - Slovenia
- Date of stay 07/01/10
- Review Submitted 04/18/11
Guest comment entered by manager
Thank you for this lovely holiday. We enjoyed it very much. Here is a few tips for visitors: on the ocean-side of road into town is Cigrada beach, with good beach bar/restaurant- very nice spot. (Avoid the Hotel Colentum- dirty beach and too many tacky beach vendors.). However, for the best beach on Murter, go to Colentum and take a right at the water, go through the auto camp and come to Podvrska beach. Belka family, Poland
- Guest Belka family, Poland
- Date of stay 06/24/10
- Review Submitted 04/18/11
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
30% deposit needed, payment via credit card or bank transfer.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2008
- Primary: +385 91 2267 267 (Croatia)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Fully equipped kitchen
Kitchen 2nd floor
Terrace 2nd floor
Terrace 2nd floor
One of the island's beaches
dining table and terrace
Terrace on the 1st floor
living room 2nd floor
Bathroom 2nd floor
Town of Murter
local delicious food
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Sunday, May 26, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.