VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Awesome view, parking spot, massage chair, free beach service ($180 value), on site check in and response, and much more (see below). Fully renovated Jan 2015, place looks great.
DEALS: Aug wks, $750 Oct wks $650, Nov or Dec weeks/Month $375/1300
This is the best value at Dunes of Panama. A top flight condo at below market pricing. I book faster than every other owner...the only way that happens is you give more condo for less money.
In addition to stunning gulf views from our 4th floor beachfront condo (with large balcony off living and master bedroom), and the regular Dunes amenities, we have unique amenities to make your vacation special:
- New 2015 condo comes with free beach service (2 loungers and umbrella).
- Condo comes with one of a handful of assigned parking spots right underneath the building.
- Sanyo Shiatsu massage chair for unwinding after a day of beach fun. This top of the line relaxation machine has been a big hit.
- New in 2015: pretty much everything...new floors, cabinets, appliances, countertops, paint and most furnishings.
- Upgraded Balcony furniture. We are one of the few units in PCB that doesn't have that cheapo stuff from Walmart...enjoy view in style and comfort.
- Our three flat screen TV’s (42”, and two 32”) come with a library of DVDs (including Disney and cartoons for the kids). Some absentee investor owned units actually have tube TVs, seriously.
- Wireless connection in room.
- Super upgrade sleeper sofa is actually made to sleep humans with a six inch mattress (not standard 3-4) and trampoline suspension to further keep you off support bars.
- Unlocked owner's closet with beach stuff. Check before you buy at Walmart.
- Three inch thick binder with menus from all the local restaurants for your dining pleasure. Our guests have graciously added menus et al., from their favorite places.
- A cupboard of board and party games, cards, playstation etc., for evening pleasure. Beach toys in owner's closet.
- Full sized water heater (not a condo miniature) so you don’t run out of hot water. Have stayed with 8 people and never run out of hot water!
- Even though we advertise on VRBO, we pay fee and percentage to Dunes Management so our guests can have immediate on property response for any problems, and don't have to get any issues resolved from some absentee investor 1000 miles away. This is a big deal, as owners not with the condo association can leave you stranded!
- Virtually nothing in condo is older than 2011, most newer. Fully stocked kitchen supplies (down to the last measuring spoon) replaced along with most furnishings.
Top of the line pillowtop King Mattress in master bedroom; again this defies general rental unit practice of putting in the cheapest, hardest (thus the most durable) mattress available.
- The usual stuff too; king bed, two fulls, pull out couch, fully equipped kitchen with fridge/icemaker and dishwasher, washer/dryer, new small appliances, flat screen LCD TVs, huge balcony.
We believe that we have one of the best 2 BRs available at Dunes of Panama, certainly in terms of the actual building and location, location within the building, and in the dozens of special touches and unique amenities that we (as former PCB renters ourselves), believe we would most appreciate in a vacation rental ourselves. If you've ever rented a beach vacation condo and said 'I wish they had this' -- that is how we put our condo together. So you'll find the stuff that perhaps might not occur to an absentee landlord that doesn't use the place. If our guests think something is missing, we have a guest book that they can make suggestions so we can constantly improve.
We are on the fourth floor of the coveted “B” building. The B building isn’t the newest building, but it has an unobstructed view of both the beach and two of the three pools and there are only 40 units in the building. It is closest to most of the amenities (pools, tennis courts). It is physically possible, I suppose, to get a unit that is geographically closer to the beach, but you're splitting hairs over 20 steps or so. Not scientific, but polling the 'stay at Dunes every year crowd' tell me they like building B the best. All the buildings are nice with spectacular views, but we think 'B' is the best.
Even though we are renting by owner, we work with a rental agreement through the condo association and pay a stipend for on property maintenance and immediate response for our rental unit; so if you have any problems, they can be addressed on the scene, not from some owner 300 miles away. You will get the same on site service and quality of unit (rental office has strict standards for all the units participating in rental program) as if you booked a unit in the Dunes reservation office, except we charge less, have some cool and unique features that other units don't offer, and our unit is one of a handful in the B building (considered by many to be the best location). That said, don’t hesitate to call us if there is anything we can do to make your trip better.
We are constantly updating and improving our unit, trying to provide every conceivable amenity we can pack into the unit;
I look at the some of these ads on VRBO for the same type unit as ours, but outdated, without the great view, none of the perks we offer, and they charge hundreds more. I don't get it. We use the condo all the time and it is much more important to us to get guests that won't tear the place up, rather than try and squeeze an extra couple of hundred a week out of guests. Pay more and get less somewhere else if you want.
The secret to our low pricing is that, even after extensive renovations, we paid a half to a third of what most other owners did. So, yes, we really do charge less for a nicer unit and there really isn't a catch. This is more of a hobby than a business, and by charging under market we can be rented for the year by February and not have to worry about it.
Try us once and we think you’ll agree and come back.
Note: No pets. No smoking. Someone in party MUST be 25 or older to check-in. Rates do not include 11.5% Sales tax and $85 cleaning fee.
Keywords: Beachfront, ocean front, gulf front, dunes of panama, Panama City Beach, beach condo, beach rental, vacation rental, spring break rental,
King size beds (1), Double Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) This is not your standard sleeper. This is a commercial sleeper sofa made by a company in Alabama for high end condos. 5-6 inch mattress and trampoline suspension - the only sleeper you can actually sleep on and wake up feeling great....moreless
Massage chair, Flat screen TV in Living Room and Both Bedrooms, Three Gulf-front Swimming Pools w/ Large Sunning Decks and Gazebos, Poolside Snack Bars, Two Lighted Tennis Courts, Shuffleboard, Outdoor Barbecue Areas, Beach Volleyball, Beach Service Rentals, Game Room and workout room, board games and other amenities in condo...moreless
Have about 50 DVDs, family oriented, and classics....moreless
Dunes has a game room, cheap video arcade games and air hocky....moreless
Have a board game library; trivial pursuit, cards, etc....moreless
Satellite / Cable:
Dunes upgrading to hi def multiple channel cable 2013...moreless
(3) Two 32 inch in bedrooms, 42 iinch in living room. Flat screens of course....moreless
I have a separate storage area outside condo so I keep the owners closet unlocked; guests leave boogie boards, beach chairs etc., we cull a couple times a year for quality, so check before you spend ...moreless
Summer 2015 May 30 - Jul 31, 2015 7 night min stay
Late Summer Aug 1 - Aug 7, 2015 7 night min stay
August Aug 8 - Sep 4, 2015 7 night min stay
September Sep 5 - Sep 26, 2015 4 night min stay
October Sep 27 - Oct 31, 2015 7 night min stay
Nov-Dec Nov 1 - Jan 2, 2016 7 night min stay
Summer 2016 May 28 - Jul 30, 2016 7 night min stay
August Aug 6 - Sep 2, 2016 7 night min stay
Sept 2016 Sep 3 - Sep 30, 2016 7 night min stay
Nov 2016 to Jan 2017 Oct 29 - Jan 28, 2017 7 night min stay
My Standard Rate 3 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
maid and registration$105 + tax
Always 10-20% below rack rates for Dunes and for a much cooler condo. I price below market and other owners to rent quickly so I can be done booking early.
You don't pay until arrival, but I need a $250 credit card deposit to hold condo, $350 in summer. Deposit is refundable up to 21 days prior to arrival and returned 3 business days after departure. I haven't kept a dime of deposit yet, so if you don't go throwing flat screens out the window we are good.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: Naval Academy Class of 1983, so no West Pointers please! Just kidding. My wife and two children live in Peachtree City Georgia and we love the Dunes of Panama. We thought it was the best when we were renting, we think the 'B' building is the best location, so when a unit opened up (there are only 40 in B building), we jumped on it.
Why the Owner Chose Dunes of Panama: We had our choice of condos and chose the Dunes. The Dunes, at 1500 feet of beachfront has one of the best beachfront to occupant ratio in Panama City. With three pools, it has one of the best pool to occupant ratios as well. The Dunes is well maintained, gated, and patrolled by security and safe.
The Dunes is on Thomas drive, close to all the attractions, but away from the spring break maniacs. We have stayed many places in PCB, but prefer the Dunes. We aren’t people who have twenty units and do this for a living, we have one, this one, and for us it is a labor of love. If you check out the Dunes is #3 of 76 beachfront resorts, and it is about half the price of the ones listed as 1-3. It is the best deal on the beach for a vacation rental when we were renting, and we believe it is the best place to own now that we are owners. This is our home and we plan to retire there.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo: We take pride in our home, and never forget what it is like to be Beach Condo renters for all those years. As such, we try to provide the stuff that we liked and always seemed to be missing. If you are looking for a quiet condo overlooking and just steps from two pools, tennis, beach, and assigned parking spot; and one that is in a safe gated property with a high beachfront to occupant ratio, then this is the place for you.