Restored 19th Century Farmhouse
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:31 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
New Paltz farmhouse description
Tastefully restored 1864 farmhouse with antiques and modern amenities, located on quiet, dead-end country road. No other houses within sight. Front porch looks out over apple orchard and horse grazing in our neighbor's field. Side deck overlooks large yard with Mohonk mountain in the distance. Path at end of back yard leads directly to many miles of hiking and biking trails on the Mohonk Preserve. Horse barn, canoe, and mountain bikes included.
Available summers only.
Keywords: vacation home furnished antiques mountains rivers Mohonk nature preserve
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
Window units available, but generally not needed as a whole house fan circulates fresh air in the evenings. Shade trees keep the house cool as does it's location with basement carved into cool mountain bedrock. ...moreless
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided
- Wood Fireplace
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Video Library
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Our property borders on the Monhonk Preserve which includes 2500 wilderness acres, hiking trails and the Mohonk Mountain House and its many recreational facilities. Immediately contiguous is the Minnewaska Preserve: 'Minnewaska is situated on the dramatic Shawangunk Mountain ridge, which rises more than 2,000 feet above sea level and is surrounded by rugged, rocky terrrain. The park features numerous waterfalls, three crystalline sky lakes, dense hardwood forests, incising sheer cliffs and ledges opening to beautiful views, clear streams cut into valleys, world-class rock climbing and 35 miles of carriageways and 25 miles of footpaths on which to bike, walk, hike and simply enjoy. And, all this within an hour and a half drive from New York City.'...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
31 night min stay
Jun 1 - Sep 3
31 night min stay
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 1984
About the owner: Charles and Katharine are educators who spend summer's on the water and enjoy sharing their country house with guests who will appreciate its charm and decor.
Why the Owner Chose New Paltz:
We chose New Paltz because it is a charming university town with arts and other amenities, mountains and the Monhonk Preserve only 75 miles from the city. It is one of the best weekend locations within an easy communte from New York; the traffic is far lighter than the infamous Long Island Expressway. If you find mountains as appealing as the ocean, and don't want to pay Hampton's prices, this is the place for you.
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
We love walking, riding bikes, taking our dog for a run off leash on conveniently located trails. Side trips to Woodstock or Rhinebeck, visiting local antique stores, galleries, and entertainment at SUNY New Paltz and the Unison Arts Center are also a treat. Not to mention the great local fish market (Gadeleto's) and source of organic meat (Jack's) and fresh, locally grown fruit and veggies at Wallkill View Farm.
- Primary: (917) 439-2305 (New York, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 25, 2013