Watauga Lake - Private Lakefront Home -Wheelchair Accessible
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Watauga Lake house description
Run down the lawn right into the warm water of Watauga Lake. Although we are in the mountains, our summer water temperatures are in the mid-70's - perfect for all ages. Our pure mountain lake has no chlorine, no salt, no waves, just wonderful water relaxation.
The home was built for ease of living: open floor plan means everyone can participate in the fun, but there are separate areas for 'getting away' from one another; open decks overlooking the lake and the mountains with barbeque grill; fire ring next to the water for roasting s'mores and creating memories to last a lifetime; bird feeders to enjoy hummingbirds and cardinals; but most of all, this home is meant to be enjoyed.
Come for a week, a month or even six months - you'll find something to do every day of the year.
Keywords: Lake front, mountain views, Handicapped/wheelchair accessible, pet friendly, children love it, fully equipped, vacation home watauga lake, Tennessee lake,
- 2500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Pets Considered:
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Living Room seats 14:
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Washing Machine:
- Video Library:
- Pool Table:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Computer Available:
- Mobile Phone:
- Broadband Access:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Massage Therapist
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Grandfather Mountain,which is a United Nations Eco site Blue Ridge Parkway scenic drives 'The Snake' 489n curve, 3 mountains 2 valley - famous motorcycle ride, Virginia Creeper Trail for hiking and biking on a 34 mile Rails to Trails trail - stop for cake mid-way down Barter Theater live professional theater with children's shows in summer, country and bluegrass music in various venues Story Telling Festival, with international story tellers - a wonderful event for the entire family Gray Fossil site, see an archialogical dig and learn about the dinosaurs which roamed these hills Ghost Tours at night in various local towns Butler Museum which tells the story of the 'town that wouldn't drown' ETSU and Milligan College cultural and sports events, Scottish Highland Games at Grandfather Mountain in July - largest gathering of the clans in US The Wataugans outdoor drama brings to life the pioneer spirit of the settling of this part of the south Rodeo in Mountain City 4th of July parade - small town parade with floats, and bands Christmas parade, Appalachian Trail for hiking waterfalls - see website wataugalakeexperience for list of them and directions Bristol and Appalachian Caverns Worley Caves with spelunking tours Watauga Lake Winery tours ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Weekly rentals $2000.00 Peak season (June, August, October) July Weekly rental only $2600.00 April, May nightly rental - 3 night minimum $250.00 pr night Holidays such as Labor Day, Memorial Day, Easter - 3 night minimum $300.00 pr nt Bristol Motor Race weekends $250.00 per night 2 night min Winter Rates $1200 per week $200.00 per night 3 night min All rates plus tax, but no cleaning fee if left in same condition as you found it Dog fee for the length of your stay: $50.00 for one dog; $75 for 2 and $100 for 3.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Tri Cities at 45 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: State Highway 67 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lake Front at Watauga Lake
- Nearest Ski: Beech Mountain at 45 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Red Tail Mountain at 20 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Mel's Monsoon at 4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: I built this home to be my retirement home so I've put into it all the things I would need to enjoy retirement...whenever I get around to it! The Porte Cochere means coming in under cover; the wheelchair accessible first floor bedroom and bath mean no climbing in and out of a tub and the rocking chairs on the porch face the morning sun to start the day. I live in town just up on top the the mountain at the Iron Mountain Inn B&B so am always ready to help with suggestions, solve any problems and answer any questions.
Why the Owner Chose Watauga Lake:
I designed and built the Watauga Lake house because I already had a log home atop the mountain and a log cabin next to the creek in the mountains so since Watauga Lake was there, it seemed logical to have a home on the lake. Watauga Lake according to the TVA is the 3rd cleanest lake in the US - meaning no agricultural pollution, no industrial pollution flow into the lake. We can eat the fish right from the lake! And the water is warm up until September. No salt, no chlorine, just fresh mountain water. Great for swimming
The Unique Benefits at this House:
When the house is not rented I can move from atop the mountain to the Watauga Lake house because it is easy to get in and out from during our heavy snows; it is warm and cozy and sunny and the views of sun, mountains and water are spectacular! I often come for a swim during the summer months when I am between guests! Love swimming in Watauga Lake's water- it feels great on the body.
- Primary: 423-768-2446
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of Watauga Lake home - lake is behind down the lawn
Blue Bedroom with private balcony
En suite blue bedroom steam shower and whirlpool tub bath
Green bedroom balcony and view
Reading nook and instead of bridge table, a queen bed is here
Run down the lawn into Watauga Lake
Enjoy the deck overlooking the lake and the mountains
Enjoy the view while dining
Silver bedroom is wheelchair accessible
View from balcony of Blue Bedroom
Watauga Lake House from the lake Iron Mountain range in background
Business corner: printer, dsl (wifi)
Sunrise at Watauga Lake
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, January 18, 2013