Luxury, Hot Tub, Pool Table, Close to Snow Summit
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes house description
A rustic lodge setting with the comfortable feeling of your own home, Running Bear welcomes you the moment you walk through the door.
This luxury home is located in a quiet court, nestled in the pines, in one of Big Bear’s most sought after neighborhoods. Even better, it’s only minutes away from famous ski resort, Snow Summit.
A beautifully landscaped yard surrounds the house with it’s natural wood siding and brick columns adding to the mountain cabin feel on a much higher level. The kids will enjoy escaping into the tree house located in the fenced in back yard!
Able to sleep up to 13, this five bedroom, four bathroom home with native yet western woodsy décor, accommodates a large family with all needed amenities. Wooden walls, Aztec patterns and fur rugs add warmth and coziness to a very spacious area.
A fully equipped kitchen offers a large refrigerator paneled with pine, matching the much desired cabinet and counter space, along with a center island to prepare meals for several people.
The family room circles a rock wood burning fireplace where you can snuggle up, share stories or just relax and watch TV.
Upstairs you can take in the amazing views while enjoying a game of bumper pool/poker table AND a game of pool on a regular 7 foot POOL TABLE, or relax at your own bar and enjoy a movie on the flat screen.
The master bedroom speaks for itself when you enter the room. With a fireplace, his and her restrooms, double sided entry, glass shower and a “claw footed” tub. This room feels like a small cabin on it’s own, on the opposite side of the home from the other bedrooms to ensure privacy.
Enjoy the mountains surroundings and beauty from the large deck, fenced in back yard or while cooking on the natural gas BBQ. Tucked in the corner, among the trees, a HOT TUB offers tranquility under the stars, possibly catching a glimpse of a . . .Running Bear! J
Features: HOT TUB, Cable TV, FLAT SCREEN TVS, DVD Player, INTERNET, Bumper POOL TABLE, 2 family areas, flat fenced in yard, dishwasher, fully stocked kitchen, linens and towels provided, cathedral ceilings, Natural Gas BBQ, washer & dryer, and so much more!
- 2800 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, Beds for 13
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Things to do: Alpine Slides Biking Alpine Sport Center Bear Valley Bike's Scenic Sky Chair at Snow Summit Team Big Bear Boating and Water Sports Big Bear Marina Captain John's Fawn Harbor and Marina Big Bear Municipal Water District Big Bear Discovery Center Entertainment Performing Art Center Mozart's Bistro Stillwell Lounge at Northwoods Tale of the Blue Whale Lakeside Lounge Golf at Bear Mt Golf Course Horse Back Riding Baldwinlake Stables Rockin' K Riding Stables Big Bear Historical Museum Big Bear Parasail R.V. Big Bear Shores RV Resort Skate Park Grandville Skate Park Skiing & Snowboard Rentals Alpine Sports Center Bellow's Ski Rentals Blauers Ski & Board Shop Goldsmith's Ski & Snowboard Rental LeRoy's Ski & Snowboard Shop 989 Skyline Ski & Sports Snow Play Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain Big Bear Solar Observatory Swimming - Big Bear Valley Recreation & Park District Tours Big Bear Jeep Tours...moreless
- Pool Table:
- DVD Player:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Things to do: Alpine Slides Biking Alpine Sport Center Bear Valley Bike's Scenic Sky Chair at Snow Summit Team Big Bear Boating and Water Sports Big Bear Marina Captain John's Fawn Harbor and Marina/Boat Rentals Big Bear Municipal Water District Miss Liberty Tour Boat Big Bear Discovery Center Entertainment Performing Art Center Mozart's Bistro Stillwell Lounge at Northwoods Tale of the Blue Whale Lakeside Lounge Golf at Bear Mt Golf Course Horse Back Riding Baldwinlake Stables Rockin' K Riding Stables Big Bear Historical Museum Big Bear Parasail R.V. Big Bear Shores RV Resort Skate Park Grandville Skate Park Skiing & Snowboard Rentals Alpine Sports Center Bellow's Ski Rentals Blauers Ski & Board Shop Goldsmith's Ski & Snowboard Rental LeRoy's Ski & Snowboard Shop 989 Skyline Ski & Sports Snow Play Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain Big Bear Solar Observatory Swimming - Big Bear Valley Recreation & Park ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
What a wonderful Fall getaway. This home is beautiful and welcoming for all ages. There is so much to do. We had fires going in both beautiful fireplaces and both TV's broadcasting different games. The favorite spot for everyone actually seemed to be the back porch with a beautiful view. We enjoyed the October Fest and look forward to spending more time in the Village. Thank you for sharing your mountain retreat.
- Guest Bobcat (Irvine, CA )
- Date of stay 10/10/13
- Review Submitted 10/23/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing, adventure seekers, age 55+.
Warm and cozy!
Warm and cozy!
Nice neighborhood and great house.
- Guest Leta D.
- Date of stay 08/22/13
- Review Submitted 10/17/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers.
Thank you!Guest comment entered by manager
So glad you got my message. The Running Bear home was so perfect for our family. I really appreciated you working with me and changing at the last minute. We spent a lot of time in the house because it was an "overcast" kind of cloudy, rainy week! We were very pleased with the rooms and comfort of the home. We enjoyed the patio and ate our meals around the big round table. The Jacuzzi was a real treat and helped us relax even more. The kitchen had nice appliances and was very convenient for a couple of cooks! Thanks so much for your kindness and if we ever go to Big Bear again, I will call and ask for you!!!! So much appreciate what you did! Sincerely Mary H
- Guest Mary H
- Date of stay 07/21/13
- Review Submitted 08/06/13
Wonderful and Very Enjoyable
Wonderful and Very Enjoyable
My family and I rented this cabin for a quick getaway from the city. We enjoyed our stay. Size size house with plenty of space for everyone. Really enjoyed the game room and bar area. The back yard was perfect for our kids and BBQing. My husband and I loved the master bathroom as we each had our own separate toilets and sinks made sharing a bathroom quite nice since we don't have that luxury at home LOL. The staff at Destination Big Bear are very friendly and provide great customer service. We did have a small problem with ants in the kitchen and they sent someone out within 15 mins to spray. I will use this company again for future stays. The Douglas Family
- Guest Ann (Texas)
- Date of stay 07/05/13
- Review Submitted 08/01/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers.
We love Big Bear!
We love Big Bear!
A big group of us stayed at a Destination Big Bear property last weekend and we were all so wonderfully pleased with the service and quality of cabin we received! First of all, the booking process was very easy and straight forward. I felt like everything that was stated on the website during our search was an exact reflection of the final cost. We ended up staying in Running Bear and it was pleasantly clean and cozy. They had everything we could've wanted in the kitchen and bathrooms. The house was cleaned very thoroughly and all the girls in the cabin were extremely picky about small details and none of us had any complaints! The master bedroom was spacious and so were the other bedrooms. We did run out of clean towels but Destination Big Bear were there within 30 minutes with a clean set. I'd definitely recommend Destination Big Bear to anyone!
- Guest Kenny (San Diego)
- Date of stay 06/03/13
- Review Submitted 07/08/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car, adventure seekers, families with young children.
Manager response: Thank you so much for the great review - we are glad you enjoyed your stay!
Winter ........Dec 1-March 31 .........$550-750/nt SUN-TH..$900-1100/nt FR-SAT. Spring ........Apr 1-Jun 15 ...........$350-550/nt SUN-TH..$400-600/nt FR-SAT. Summer ........Jun 15-Sep 10 ..........$300-500/nt SUN-TH..$400-600/nt FR-SAT. Fall ..........Sep 14-Nov 16 ..........$350-550/nt SUN-TH..$450-550/nt FR-SAT. Specials ......Oct 01-Nov 14 ..........Call SUN-TH. Inquire w/n Pre-Xmas/Xmas..Approx Dec 22-Dec 28 ...$600-1300/nt 3 nt min. New Years .....Dec 28-Jan 02...........$1300-1600/nt. 3 nt min. NOTE: Some Holidays 3 nt min, Prices can change. Call for exact pricing/DISCOUNTS!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Palm Springs at 45 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Swim Beach at 2.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Sandys Sport Bar & Grill at 1.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Snow Summit at 0.75 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Bear Mountain at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Sandys Sports Bar & Grill at 1.5 Kilometres
About: We manage this awesome house close to Snow summit slopes with a great fenced in back yard.
Why Private Homes:
Fenced in yard, kid friendly, 5 bedrooms, nice décor, great yard. POOL TABLE and family room
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Walk to slopes, close to town, very nice cabin, nice décor, pool table, family room - plenty of space and HOT TUB!
- Primary: (909) 752-0234 (California, USA)
- Fax: 866-824-1738
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
5 Bedroom High End Cabin Walking Distance to Snow Summit
Side view of large yard - expansive yard!
Beautiful beamed ceilings and spacious throughout!
Bar area with sink in same area as gameroom - very convenient!
Dining room area opens to kitchen
Off the game area upstairs is a bonus bedroom
Master bedroom with Claw bathtub, separate shower and rock flooring!
Bedroom featuring modern decor - main level
Kids bedroom with twin over full bunkbed on main level
beautiful Luxury Cabin new Snow Summit!
Very cool Tree House
Big Bear Lake Golf Course in the Southern California Mountains
Beautiful front view on culdesac
Game Room / Family Room - upstairs with wood buring fireplace and POOL TABLE
There is now an actual full size POOL TABLE in the space of this table here
Granite counter tops opens to dining area - large!
Cathedral wood ceilings creating a more inviting space!
Main living area downstairs with wood burning fireplace
Master Bedroom with wood burning fireplace - main level!
Bedroom with knotty pine and custom log furniture on main level
Upper level bedroom off game area and family room -half bath on this level too
Back side of house in winter time with lots of trees and space - HOT TUB!
Grey's Peak Trail
A Mallard Couple During Sunset on the Lake
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 04, 2013