Still Open for Xmas Week!! Call to Inquire About Discounts! Panoramic Lakeview
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Special offer: 2 FREE Nights XMAS WEEK! - 7th night free any other time! Details
Carnelian Bay house description
PLEASE GO TO TAHOE LUXURY PROPERTIES' WEBSITE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK ONLINE NOW. Tahoe's Ahwahnee was constructed and modeled with Yosemite's grand lodge, The Ahwahnee, in mind. With a distinct and wonderful feeling in their own Tahoe lodge, the attention to detail is apparent throughout the house. For example, the first floor features hand-planed pecan floors and a spectacular granite stone, wood burning fireplace. In addition to granite and limestone counters throughout the house, the master bath has handset tumbled stone mosaics. To top it off, the unobstructed panoramic lake view is unsurpassed by any we have seen. In fact, you can enjoy this beautiful lake view from every room in the house. The house is also great for family fun. The bunk room features pine log bunk beds, a hand painted mural of local flora and fauna, and hand-carved bear cubs and squirrels. Other carved pieces throughout the home include the family room mantel, staircase panels and great room support posts. The childrens' bath and family entry include petroglyph story tiles of mountains, animals, etc. etched into the slate. The kitchen features a large cook top island and top of the line specialty appliances. The beds in all the bedrooms are so cozy you may never want to leave. This is not just a rental, it is a home that the owners are willing to share with our guests. This home is our slice of heaven.
Bedroom #1 King
Bedroom #2 Queen
Bedroom #3 Queen
Bedroom #4 Two Queens
Bedroom #5 Bunk Room has 5 Twin Beds
* 3700 square feet
* Boat Slip in Summer: 10' x 30' Slip at Tahoe City Marina with Secure Coded Entry - Bring Boat to Marina to Drop-in for Fee or Launch at Lake Forest
* Panoramic Lake Views throughout the House
* 2 Decks w/1 Private Deck off Master Bedroom
* 3 Master Suites and 2 Jacuzzi Tubs
* Wood Burning Fireplace (wood Provided)
* 3 Fireplaces, 2 are Remote Control
* Fully Equipped Gourmet Kitchen
* Garlando G5000 Italian Made Foosball Table
* Ping Pong Table in Garage
* Professionally Decorated Interior and & Vaulted Ceilings
* Gas BBQ
* 2 TV's/2 VCR's/DVD/CD w/Stereo Surround Sound
* Down Bedding and Upscale Linens
* 3 Car Garage
* Wireless Internet Access
* Access to extensive trail system for cross-county skiing, running, hiking, and biking
* 3 Miles to Tahoe City for Great Shopping, Restaurants, Commons Beach with Play Structure/Free Concerts & Movies, Bike Trails, Truckee River for Rafting & Entertainment
* 6 Miles to Kings Beach for sandy beaches, restaurants and shopping
* 15 minutes to Squaw Valley USA, an international skiing destination - home of the 1960 Winter Olympics
* 20 minutes to Northstar Ski Resort and Village for skiing, ice-skating, rollerskating, mountain bike riding
Keywords: Lake Tahoe, lake view, boat slip, 5 bedrooms, wood burning fireplace, gourmet kitchen, skiing, family fun,
- 3700 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 14
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Gas Fireplace:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- * Panoramic Lake Views throughout the House * 3700 square feet * 2 Decks w/1 Private Deck off Master Bedroom * 3 Master Suites and 2 Jacuzzi Tubs * Wood Burning Fireplace (wood Provided) * 3 Fireplaces, 2 are Remote Control * Fully Equipped Gourmet Kitchen * Garlando G5000 Italian Made Foosball Table * Ping Pong Table in Garage * Professionally Decorated Interior and & Vaulted Ceilings * Gas BBQ * 2 TV's/2 VCR's/DVD/CD w/Stereo Surround Sound * Down Bedding and Upscale Linens * 3 Car Garage * Wireless Internet Access...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- CD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Gambling Casinos
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- * Access to extensive trail system for cross-county skiing, running, hiking, and biking * 3 Miles to Tahoe City for Great Shopping, Restaurants, Commons Beach with Play Structure/Free Concerts & Movies, Bike Trails, Truckee River for Raft Winter Events and Activities 2012/2013 World Class Downhill Skiing/Snowboarding: Squaw Valley USA, Alpine Meadows, and Homewood Resort and are each within a 15 minute scenic drive and offer over 7000 combined acres of skiable terrain, 51 lifts, and 334 trails. Come and experience over 300 days of California Sunshine in America's favorite Playground. Tahoe City Cross Country Center: Just 5 miles east of downtown Tahoe City on Dollar Hill, the Nordic center offers 65 kilometers of free heel skiing and snowshoeing on 19 machine groomed trails including 8 kilometers open to your canine companion! Enjoy forest, meadow, and lake views before you have a rest at one of trailside warming huts where you can enjoy complimentary hot chocolate or tea. Polish your skills this winter and join North Lake Tahoe for the 30 kilometer Great Ski Race on March 3. The Village at World Renowned Squaw Valley USA: The Village is centered around an outdoor Events Plaza, and offers outdoor fire pits, a Bungee Trampoline, and an Aerial Tram to High Camp for ice skating at 8200 feet. The Village is home to multiple & varied Restaurants, Galleries, Boutique shopping, Winemaker Events at Uncorked, Spa Services, Demo Centers, Kids Activities, and finally Sleigh Rides and Dog Sledding in Squaw Valley meadow. Snowshoeing and Sledding: Pack a picnic and spend the day snowshoeing at Sugar Pine Point State Park, the Tahoe City Cross County Center, or Paige Meadows. Snowmobiling: Take in views along the Lake Tahoe ridgeline with North Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours. Cinema at the Cobblestone Center: Showing today's Hollywood Hits every evening. Shopping options: Downtown Tahoe City is home to a myriad of boutique shopping options including one of a kind Clothing Stores, Galleries, Jewelers, Sports Outfitters and Gourmet Provisioners. Dining: A diverse spectrum of dining options awaits the practiced Gourmand; American Favorites, Mountain Haute Cuisine emphasizing local and sustainable sustenance, and intimate Cafe options are all available in Tahoe City. Nearby Activities: Lake Tahoe and Donner Lake, Historic Downtown Truckee Shops and Dining, Martis Valley snowshoeing trails (dog friendly), Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours on the Summit of Highway 267, Sledding at the Tahoe Vista Regional Park and Mount Rose Meadows Special Events: Christmas Eve torchlight ski parade in Squaw Valley, New Years Eve Fireworks at the Village at Squaw Valley and the Village at Northstar, Snow Fest Carnival March 1-10, the Great Ski Race March 3 Northstar Events: NYE Village Fireworks Display, Snowshoe Social and Race Series March 17, April 1 and April 7 ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Special offer: 2 FREE Nights XMAS WEEK! - 7th night free any other time!
Book one week over Christmas week and receive 2 nights free! Book one week any other time of the year and receive one night free. Please call and inquire about any other possible specials during the holidays! We would like to be as accommodating as possible.
Winter & Thanksgiving .. Dec 15-Apr 15 . $ 650/nt . $ 4,000/wk Spring ................. Apr 15-Jun 15 . $ 650/nt . $ 4,000/wk Summer ................. Jun 15-Sep 15 .. $1000/nt .. $ 6000/wk Fall ................... Sep 15-Dec 15 .. $ 650/nt .. $ 4,000/wk Christmas ............................... $1,250/nt .. $ 7,500/wk New Years ............................... $1,650/nt .. $10,000/wk Presidents Week ......................... $1,250/nt .. $ 7,500/wk Damage Insurance: $30 for $1500 policy - TOT: 10% - Cleaning: $325
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Reno Tahoe International at 45 Miles
- Nearest Train: Truckee at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-80 at 20 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lake Tahoe at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Squaw Valley USA at 10 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Old Brockway Golf Course at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Hello! We are so enthused to have you viewing our home. We at Tahoe Luxury Properties were recently asked by the owner of this lovely property to take over management for him. Please know, for over fifteen years we have specialized in providing upscale vacation rentals in every size and price range. When you book with Tahoe Luxury Properties, you will receive more than just a great house however, you will receive customized service tailored to your specific desires. One item which sets us apart is our concierge services designed to make your stay particularly fabulous. Let us arrange for personal chefs to dazzle you with their culinary ability, babysitters to entertain your kids, or masseuses to revive you! Lastly, please know all utilities, TVs, hot tubs, etc. will be checked-in 24 hrs prior to your arrival; the heater will be set to 65 degrees and the porch light will be turned on so you will be welcomed by a warm and inviting environment. So, we welcome your inquiry and invite you to ask us all your questions and express all your vacation wishes so we can make your experience in Tahoe perfection!
Why the Owner Chose Carnelian Bay:
Blessed with magnificent natural beauty and located in the one most popular and desirable locations in the Western United States, Lake Tahoe is considered the jewel of California. At 6,229 feet above sea level, Lake Tahoe is the highest lake of its size in the United States, measuring 22 miles long by 12 miles wide, with an average depth of 989 feet and 72 miles of shoreline. Its clear blue waters surrounded by the towering Sierras are a sight to behold! Lake Tahoe is truly a treasure, hopefully to be visited by all at some point!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Nestled in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Lake Tahoe is home to some of America’s favorite vacation and recreation locations. Enjoy world-famous beaches, hiking, biking trails, watersports, skiing, dining, shopping, and more! With so many activities to choose from, there is something to keep everyone in your group entertained! At Tahoe Luxury Properties we have a full time concierge on staff to recommend fun things to do with your days and to arrange special ventures (from dinner reservations to personal helicopter rides). Whatever you desire, we are here to assist you!
- Primary: +1 530-584-3444
Incomparable and breathtaking sunset view across the lake from Tahoe's Ahwahnee.
Just step outdoors onto either of the two decks.
The living area's granite stone, wood-burning fireplace.
The living area is truly a "great room" with kitchen and dining area.
A gourmet cook's delight.
King master suite with luxury linens, private deck and gas fireplace.
Queen bedroom suite with private bathroom.
Downstairs living area with gas fireplace, game table, wet bar and TV
Serene views and the placid lake greet you on a winter morning.
The main living area with comfortable seating and fantastic views.
A wonderfully cozy area to gather the family.
Convenient counter seating in the well appointed kitchen.
Dining area in the "great room".
Lovely queen bedroom with with luxurious linens.
Two queen beds with seating and private bathroom.
Rear of home which faces the lake.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 19, 2013
5 Bedroom / 4.5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.