I Can See for Miles and Miles!!!!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ocean Beach house description
AC THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE HOUSE.......BRAND NEW MATTRESSES, WINDOW, BLINDS.What is Fire Island? • It is an island off Long Island that is visited by many people each summer.Isn't Fire Island a 'Gay Community'? • This is probably the most asked question about Fire Island. And also it's biggest misconception. As you've seen on the map, there are many different communities on this wonderful island. There are two predominantly gay or 'gay tolerant' communities. These are Cherry Grove and Fire Island Pines. Incidentally, these are probably the two most interesting and diverse communities on the barrier beach. Do people live on Fire Island all year?
• Approximately 300 people live there year roundIf no cars are allowed, how do I get there? • There are three common ways to get to the communities. One is by Ferry, the second is by private boat, and the third is by water taxi. While it may seem to be an inconvenience at first to not have vehicles, you'll soon come to love the idea of a traffic free vacation spot. What should you bring to F.I.? • Good pair of sunglasses• Beach towel• Toiletries• Beach chair • A big can of bug repellent• Sun block• Water bottle/cooler• Aspirin (for those nights you overindulge)• Your license - you will be proofed when you go out no matter how old you are. If you don't have a license, you must have a picture I.D. that is an official document• Enough cash to last the weekend (the average person on F.I. spends $125 for the entire weekend). There are only a few ATM machines on F.I. with a $100 maximum withdrawal and the charge is $3 per transaction!!! What leisure activities are there on F.I.? • Going to the Beach (bring your sunglasses, a beverage, something to read, a walkman, and most importantly a beach chair)• Playing Kadema [you have 1 ball and 2 paddles and you hit the ball to each other] on the beach• Softball (best time to play 5PM Saturday).
• F.I. most popular activities are walking and jogging throughout the island• Volleyball on the beach• Swimming in the ocean (lifeguards are on duty during specific hours)• Arcade (which is located in town across from the post office)• Going to the restaurants and bars• Trangleball on the beach.• Basketball. Best time to play is 9 AM Saturday and SundayHow should I dress? • The dress code is casual and comfortable. All restaurants will welcome you in shorts, but a shirt and shoes are always required. Don't make the mistake of over-dressing for a night out. If you're female, avoid high heels, as you'll be doing a lot of walking.Are there convenience stores on F.I.? • Yes, there are two and they are both in town. One is called Whitney's which is located in Corneille. The other, Ocean Beach Trading, is located right by the ferry (most items cost twice as much as in NYC).Are there ice cream parlors on F.I.? • Yes, there are 2 in town.Is there a Liquor store on F.I.? • Yes, there is one in town by the ferry (closed on Sundays, it's a state law).Do cellphones work on F.I.? • Yes, but sometimes it is difficult to get a signal. AT&T seems to have the worst signal.Is there a gym on F.I.? • No, but there is a basketball court and a softball field in Corneille Estates.Is there a movie theater on F.I.? • Yes, but it only shows one movie each weekend.Is there a hospital on F.I.? • No, if you have an emergency you must go directly to the police station in town.Are there places to shop on F.I.? • Yes, there are several small boutiques in town.Is there a post office on F.I.? • Yes, in town next to the pizzeria.Is there a doctor on the island for emergencies? • Yes, you must contact the police station and they will tell you where to go.Is there a police station on the island for emergencies? • Yes, in the middle of town right by the ferry terminal.Is there a synagogue? • Yes, in Seaview, the next town over.Is there a church? • Yes, there are two in Ocean Beach.Is there a fire department on the island for emergencies? • Yes, in Ocean Beach.
- Vacation Rental
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 14
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Wildlife Viewing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
June 25 Through Labor Day MON TO FRI ONLY 2500 LABOR DAY WEEK TUES TO FRIDAY ONLY 1500
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Primary: 516 220 9360 (New York, USA)
- Secondary: 516 581 5940
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Saturday, July 27, 2013
6 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.