Stunning Waterfront House with Private Wharf, Mooring
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tenants Harbor house description
Situated on a gently rising bluff, surrounded by tall pines trees,overlooking sparkling waters, it would be hard to improve Otis Point Cottage. Aside from the location, the amenities, privacy and aesthetics, visitors will agree this house sparks a feeling of relaxation and peacefulness immediately upon arrival. Otis Point is a small peninsula jutting into the waters of the Mussel Ridge in Tenants Harbor. For generations, families have been coming to this four season haven. You won’t hear very much at all – just a boat pass by, sea birds calling to each other and the sound of statuesque pine trees creaking in the breeze. The dock is a perfect place to kayak or fish from. Or, bring a chair down and read on the dock as the tide comes in and out. Otis Point Cottage is a newer construction house designed and built by one of the premier builders in the Midcoast. Special attention was paid to creating a space that brings the outdoor environment
Further details: Inside the front door, find a living room oriented to the amazing view of the water thanks to a multitude of large windows. All floors in the house are hardwood.
The living room has a vaulted ceiling with hand-hewn exposed beams. Comfortable furniture (the couch is also a sofa bed to be used if guest happen by) and great lighting make this room fantastic at any time of the day. The living room also offers a flat screen television, a DVD player and a stereo dock for an Ipod. Tucked into the corner, is small deck for those who wish to bring their laptop and use the WiFi Internet connection.
Off the living room, find a small deck with a spiral staircase leading to the access path to the waterfront and the dock.
There are ceiling fans in both the living room and the master bedroom to help keep things cool if the sea breeze isn’t doing the trick.
Further details: The kitchen and dining room share the other half of the house – the dining area overlooks the water, thanks to picture windows on 3 sides. The large table can comfortably seat 8 people.
The kitchen is fully equipped with cookware and utensils. Find a full sized gas stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and a stainless steel sink – if you need it to prepare a meal, chances are Otis Point Cottage has it. The kitchen offers plenty of counter space as well.
Use the sliding glass doors to walk onto the deck – in addition, there is a half bathroom on this floor which also offers a full sized washer and dryer for guest use.
A two storey studio (with a futon couch) is also part of the property – perfect to use as a writing studio or an artist studio.
Otis Point Cottage is the kind of house you hate to leave – you will find it even better than you expected it to be. Talks about glorious days spent at Otis Cottage will happen all the time…until you return the next year.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- A queen bed sits next to the sliding glass doors leading to the private deck – there is a small bistro set making this a perfect place for enjoying early morning coffee. Views are lovely from both the deck and the bedroom. A small alcove offers a reading nook and a spacious closet keeps things neat and tidy during your stay. A small, flat screen television is also included. The master bath has a deep, jetted tub (that has its own view!) and a standup shower. Both the master bath and the master bedroom have room darkening shades to keep the sun out for those who would like to sleep in. A two storey studio (with a futon couch) is also part of the property – perfect to use as a writing studio or an artist studio. A pull out couch is also available for guest use....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- The cottage also offers a dock and a mooring for guest use. The dock is a perfect place to kayak or fish from. Or, bring a chair down and read on the dock as the tide comes in and out. The best part of this location is, if you choose to leave your deck for a bit of a faster pace,Tenants Harbor and Port Clyde villages are within 10 minutes and the larger cities of Rockland and Camden are just 20 minutes away. Otis Point Cottage is a newer construction house designed and built by one of the premier builders in the Midcoast. Special attention was paid to creating a space that brings the outdoor environment inside. The backyard (not the waterside) is level and well landscaped with rock walls, gardens and open space. A stone walkway leads to the house – you may walk onto the side deck or into the house. The deck is large and overlooks waterfront and the path that meanders through the woods to the dock. There is plenty of outdoor furniture (Adirondack chairs and table set) and a gas grill....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Whale Watching
local services and businesses
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
forms of payment
- Accept Credit Card
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Mobile Phone
- Wireless Internet
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Activities Guide
- Ceiling Fans
- Laundry Soap
- Local Activities Guide
- Paper Towels
- Basic Soaps
- Toilet Paper
- Housekeeper Optional
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
- Boat Dock
- Walkway To Water
ReviewsWrite a review
Five Star get away!
Five Star get away!
This vacation was so much better than I expected! The house is absolutely beautiful and the ocean view spectacular! I found the home immaculate and very well maintained - the kitchen is well appointed. On my first day there I saw harbor dolphins swimming and feeding and it was just amazing to witness their grace and beauty. I made it a point to take daily strolls to the dock to say "hello" to the ocean. The stars in the night sky were so plentiful I almost thought it couldn't be real. While I didn't have the best weather it didn't matter at all - the home was so welcoming and comfortable that staying in and reading a few books was a pleasure and the fog and rain made me feel even more relaxed. I visited Otis Point very off season so there wasn't a lot to do (totally fine by me I was looking for a quiet relaxing place and found it in spades here!) but with the summer season winding up on 5/26/12 (the day I left) anyone who stays here after that will have plenty to choose from as far as sites to see and activities to participate in. Cooking on the beautiful grill was so much fun and was such a treat for me! I took some long drives on 131 and 73 and visited Rockland (shopping and eating are in abundance) and Camden (beautiful town). I also took a tour of the Cellardoor winery in Lincolnville - highly recommend that to any legal aged adult. (the drive alone is amazing on 52!). I have to say that the people I met were some of the nicest people I have met in my life! Everyone waves and says hello and is genuinely interested in why you chose Maine and when you'll be back - what a wonderful state! The wi-fi connection was awesome and quick for such a remote location and I was able to check into work several times during the week. My one recommendation is to do your grocery shopping in Rockland as there are two larger grocery stores (Shaw's and Hannaford). The Waldoboro Hannaford is ery small (did I say small? it's teeny tiny) and selection is limited. I can honestly say that I can't find one thing about this stay that I didn't like - I can't wait to come back again - I would absolutely recommend this home to anyone I know - is a very impressive home in an amazing location. I thank the owners who share this wonderful home with us strangers - I promise we took great care while it was in our possession. Thank you so much! Denise & RIcky - Manchester, NH
- Guest Denise D.
- Date of stay 05/19/12
- Review Submitted 05/28/12
For off season rates, please inquire
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: (207) 596-6295 (Maine, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The property from the water
View from the living room - views the same from all rooms
Living room with sleeper sofa
Kitchen - half bath and laundry room to the side
The side deck
Deck and studio
The living room
Master bedroom with view of full bath
Master bedroom from the bathroom
Dining room - stunning views of the water
The dock and the mooring
Master bedroom with full bathroom attached
Taken from the dock
Back exterior of the house
From the living room into the dining area
View from master bedroom - see private deck
Jetted tub in master
Lobster boat hauling traps in the waters of Otis Cove
1 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.