Bright & Cheerful Log Cabin ~ Hiking Trails, Serene Location Nestled in Forest
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes cabin description
Come and ENJOY our beautiful Big Bear cabin! Situated in a quiet Sugarloaf neighborhood in Big Bear City, 9 houses from the National Forest and incredible hiking trails, this 2 bedroom / 2 bath home is all you could hope for in a mountain vacation rental.
If this cabin is booked, or if you're looking for a cabin right near the water, please visit us at www.vrbo.com/419389 for our newest rental ~ Kanodia Lakeview.
Large, open living spaces, abundant sunlight, warm colors and beautiful furnishings make this home the ideal place for a fun-filled, relaxing vacation in the Big Bear Valley. Gorgeous surroundings and views, wildlife and a quiet peaceful community make this cabin the perfect choice.
* FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: The kitchen is stocked with every amenity and can be used to serve up beautiful entertaining meals. Gas cook top, refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, dishwasher, huge preparation counter with bar stools and more make this an ideal cook's paradise, ... or you can eat out in the many fabulous restaurants in the area! Huge skylight provides beautiful natural lighting.
* DINING ROOM: The formal dining area contains a beautiful table that expands to seat eight for those special meals with friends and family.
* GREAT ROOM: The spacious great room has a large, comfortable leather sofa and two incredible Lazy Boy recliners. Entertainment is provided by a brand new 32” High Definition LCD TV (cable included), DVD/VCR combo unit & iHome. A gorgeous rock fireplace with log mantle completes the warm, comfortable ambiance. Wireless high speed internet is available at no charge.
* COVERED FRONT PORCH: There is a large, rustic covered front porch, perfect for reading, enjoying a glass of wine, or just kicking back to enjoy the peace and quiet of the forest. There’s nothing like sitting on the covered front porch during a rain storm and enjoying the sounds of nature while staying warm and cozy!
* BACK PORCH: The back deck offers the perfect place to barbecue, watch the stars, eat breakfast, sit and read a book or enjoy your favorite beverage. You will be amazed by the quiet of the forest and the wind whispering through the trees. Stairs lead down from the back porch so you can take a walk and watch birds and squirrels playing.
* BEDROOM 1 / GUEST BEDROOM: The guest bedroom is equipped with a queen bed (down pillow top & comforter), night stands, a beautiful pine bunk bed and cabin style decorations. A dresser is located in the large mirrored closet. There is also a TV with cable, Nintendo and tons of games for the kids.
* GUEST BATHROOM: The guest bathroom is well appointed with a bathtub/shower combination, glass doors, pine cabinets and beautiful artwork.
* BEDROOM 2 / MASTER BEDROOM: The master bedroom is equipped with a queen bed (down pillow top & comforter), large dresser, night stands, reclining chair, artwork and large mirrored closet. The master bath is en suite and has a bathtub/shower combination with glass doors, pine cabinets and artwork.
* LAUNDRY AREA: A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience along with basic supplies.
* GARAGE: The one car garage is attached and accessible from the covered front porch. This is a HUGE convenience when it snows or rains. Ample driveway space is also available to park up to two additional vehicles.
* FUN FOR EVERYONE: While the children enjoy puzzles, music, movies and Lincoln Logs, sip your favorite beverage while playing retro-Nintendo or watching shooting stars from the back deck.
If you inquire about the cabin via email be sure to leave a voicemail also at 714-745-9112.
Keywords: Log cabin, cozy, private, family, clean, romantic, relaxing, bright, rustic, cabin, home, house, 2 bedroom, plasma HDTV, free wireless internet, big bear cabin, big bear cabin rental,big bear home rental, big bear house rental, big bear rental cabin, hiking, sledding
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Parking Off Street:
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace
- One minute walk up the street to the best sledding hill around (sleds in the garage for your use); awesome park down the street (tennis, basketball, skateboard, baseball, swing set, etc.). 9 house from the National Forest and incredible hiking trails. Quiet, peaceful street. General store for basic shopping needs is just a few blocks away....moreless
- Video Library:
- Video Games:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Game Console:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Porch / Veranda:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Deck / Patio
- Wood Deck
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Massage Therapist
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Autumn Foliage
- Recreation Center
- Medical Services
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
Winter Rates: $200/Night(Sun-Thu) $250/Night(Fri-Sat) Spring, Summer & Fall Rates: $175/Night(Sun-Thu) $225/Night(Fri-Sat) Thanksgiving $325/Night ~ Christmas $350/Night ~ New Years $400/Night Winter Break $325/Night ~ Other Winter Holidays $275/Night Summer Holidays $275/Night ~ Spring/Fall Holidays $250/Night 2 Night Min/Holidays 3-5 Night Min/Multi-Night Discounts Avail (non-holiday only)) Add 7% lodging tax, $75 cleaning ($100 5+ nights) & $300 sec dep to nightly rates Payments accepted through PayPal (all major credit cards)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Big Bear is nestled in the San Bernardino Mountains and is defined by its rustic traditions, rich history, and pristine views. Host to two of Southern California's largest ski resorts, Big Bear provides four seasons of abundant recreational opportunities. Each month there are seasonal activities for the entire family. Be sure to check the local websites for updates throughout the year.
Whether you're looking for a romantic weekend away, a family vacation or a weekend filled with wilderness adventure, Kanodia Lodge is your Big Bear destination! Time truly slows down in the mountains and each season offers unique activities you can't find elsewhere. Once you visit Kanodia Lodge in Big Bear you'll be back again and again.
Big Bear Lake offers world-class snowboarding, skiing, hiking, biking, boating, fishing and entertainment for everyone. Please refer to links for information on activities for all seasons.
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: We're a family from Orange County, CA who fell in love with Big Bear and decided to buy this cabin. After sharing it with friends and family we converted it to a rental so others could enjoy all that Big Bear has to offer. We pride ourselves on offering a well maintained, clean, relaxing place for guests to unwind and reconnect with loved ones. Enjoy your time at Kanodia Lodge and where ever you wander in the Big Bear Valley. It truly is a special destination!
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
Big Bear is a magical destination. So close to everything yet a world away from the hustle & bustle of every day life. Spending time in the mountains is so rejuvenating. Crystal blue skies, crisp clean air & tons of outdoor activities make Big Bear the place to go!
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Quiet, serene, private, first class, clean, all the comforts of home. The location of our cabin is perfect. Close to town but far enough away to enjoy pure peace only time in the mountains can offer. Guests often arrive, fall in love with the cabin and never leave during their vacation! The most incredible sledding hill is a 1 minute walk away, there's a park & skate park just down the street ... and even a general store for your basic shopping needs. If you're truly looking to get away from it all, you've found the perfect place!
- Primary: +1 7147459112
Links to more information:
Kanodia Lodge ~ Winter Wonderland
Covered front porch ... great for those lazy afternoons (even when it rains)!
Large open feeling in the greatroom which is attached to the dining and kitchen.
Great room attached to open kitchen. Comfortable leather couch and 2 recliners.
View of kitchen coming in from the back deck.
Beautifully decorated master bedroom with space to relax and unwind.
Cosy guest bedroom with queen bed, mirrored closet doors and TV.
Two clean, bright fully stocked bathrooms (master bedroom has private bath).
Even the squirrels relax at Kanodia Lodge.
Large back deck with chairs and barbecue. Watch shooting stars at night!
Enjoy the day at Boulder Bay!
Great skate boarding park right down the street. Basketball and tennis as well.
Lazy summer days at Kanodia Lodge!
Enjoy a warm fire on a chilly day in the great room.
Huge great room with beautiful light, artwork and warm ambiance
Fully stocked kitchen with everything you'll need and tons of counter space.
Elegant dining - extra table leaf and 4 chairs to seat up to 8 for dinner.
Bunk beds for the kids to enjoy!
Enjoy a barbecue on the spacious back deck under crystal blue skies!
Stairs leading down to back yard from back deck - space for the kids to play.
Huge sledding hill just a 2 minute walk from your front door!
Go hiking and view the world from a different angle.
Full size washer & dryer for your convenience.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, July 10, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.