Waterscape: Our Story: Not Some Stock Description, Save 20%
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Waterscape condo description
If you have read another listing in Waterscape then skip this paragraph because you will know Waterscape is located on beautiful Okaloosa Island whose beaches are famous for their emerald green waters and powdery white sand.
Let me explain how we came to buy a condo at Waterscape. We are from Louisville, KY and during Spring Breaks, Destin is referred to Louisville South. Starting in our teens, my wife (before I had met her) and myself have been vacationing in Destin for over 20 years. When we were blessed enough to buy a condo. We felt Destin was the first and only choice!!! WRONG.
Starting in 2008 and commencing in 2009 we looked at just about every condo in Destin. One trip would change all that the summer of 2009. My wife had been hearing how great this new place 'Waterscape' was and it's proximity to Destin. My wife, two kids (at the time) now we have three, and my in-laws went to Waterscape. I was unable to go, only vacation I've missed. I received a call from my wife and by the middle of the week I could tell by the energy in her voice that she'd been taken with Waterscape. She went on and on about the pools, Lay Z River, Fudpuckers inside the pool area and how there was a central courtyard that housed all these amenities. I actually didn't know what she was explaining until I saw pictures online. As we all know, Florida was one of the worst hit by the recession. If there hadn't been, there would be more places like this built as it is the concept other 'resorts' are being built to across the country.
My wife returned and we began narrowing down the units for sale she had viewed at the end of her visit. She said we had to buy a unit that looks into the courtyard. I said what about a 'beach view?' We laugh about that question now. You can see the water from our unit but it's not like the large rectangle with the living room facing the beach built in the 20th century. Ours is right by the 10 foot waterfall that is a connecting architectural piece connecting the oval pool and the large pool (see pics). Some people don't get (understand) why you wouldn't want to look right out at the beach. I've found that its just what people did, have done, and it works for them. I've given three of my friends the option to go and if they didn't like it 'because you don't have the Christopher Columbus, world is flat view of the ocean.' I wouldn't charge them. You know what happened? I never had to pay a dime back and two of the three have purchased condos since. Where you might ask? Looking into the courtyard!! Dont get this wrong, there are some units with very clear views of the water, they were more expensive but we couldn't justify the extra money. Here's why, we didn't want to be on the first floor. With a 1,3 & 5 year old we can walk out our door, take a right, and be at the oval pool and kids splash area within 30 seconds. No elevators needed. Now if you're leaving to go shop, dine, rent a boat, or outdoor exercise, you're right next to the elevators or just a flight down the stairs to the parking garage. We wanted our vacations to be as stress free as possible. Waterscape is just different, a place you have to experience yourself.
It's a 4-5 mile drive to Destin and there isn't a place there that compares the pools and tropical Oasis of Waterscape if you are looking for a fun family vacation.
The LOWER pool deck includes a very large zero entry pool with spray toys, showering mushroom, and roped monkey bar climbing area over lily pads for the young at heart. The lower pool deck also features a long 'Lazy River' for you to float down on resort provided inner tubes.
The UPPER pool deck houses a seasonally heated pool. There is a children’s splash pool deck that features toys for toddlers and a sail covered play area for sun protection.
There are two hot tubs located in the tropical oasis for your relaxation. Besides the array of water features the courtyard also features many beautiful areas to relax such as trellises and arbor swings to melt the stresses of life away. Don't want to go out to eat for lunch or dinner? Then grill out on one of the dozen Weber Grills provided in the courtyards or grab a sandwich at the Poolside Fudpucker Bar and Grille.
This wonderful vacation destination is conveniently located between Ft. Walton and Destin. It is 4 miles to Destin, which means convenience to local restaurants, attractions, and shopping areas but you're not fighting heavy traffic to get in and out of your condo. There are several excellent restaurants, the fishing pier, and boardwalk are within easy walking distance. Tons of shopping, golf, and more world-class restaurants are close by. The kids will love the water parks, go-cart racing, arcades, the Gulfarium, museums, miniature golf, and more. BEACH SERVICE IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR RENTAL! On the beach, you can be adventurous with parasailing, jet skiing, and wind surfing or relax in the chairs under the umbrella provided.
This 2nd floor 2 bedroom and 2.5 bathroom unit overlooking the waterfall is professionally decorated with VERY nice furnishings that were chosen with comfort in mind. The condo features 9 ft. ceilings, crown molding, stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops. With its own access to the large balcony the Master bedroom overlooks the pools and brings in the soothing sounds of the waterfall. The Master Suite features a King size bed and a large private bathroom with soaker tub and large separate shower. The second bedroom features a King bed and full private bathroom with separate tub and glass shower. The condo also has a bunk area that the kids will love. There is also a Queen air mattress, if needed.
Some extras include: balcony access via eight-foot sliding glass doors in the living room, master bedroom, and 2nd Bedroom. Ceiling fans in the living room and all bedrooms. LCD Flat Screen TV with DVD Player in living room and bedrooms. High-Speed WiFi internet available at no extra charge
This condo was remodeled in 2011 with all new furniture including King Size mattresses. All new fresh paint, tiled family and dining areas make this a first class vacation destination.
Please use booking code WS008 to receive discount.
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- King size beds (2), Bunk Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- More than 10,000 square ft. of amenities *10 ft. Waterfall between 2 levels of the courtyard *Lush, Tropical Landscape *Zero Entry Pool *Children's splash pad with water features *Large pool with climbing ropes & water features, 2 hot tubs and a Lazy River on lower level *Covered Play area for Toddlers and Children *Fitness center overlooking pool *Multiple Gas Grills available in Amenity Area *Beach Service included, in season *On-Site Security *On-Site Check-In *Fronting 490 feet of Spectacular Beach along the Emerald Coast *and much more!!!! The indoor amenities include a game room and conference room available for parties, meetings and other events with access to a small kitchen, meeting tables, chairs and a large-screen television. Your dream vacation is just a click or phone call away. Please use booking code WS008 to receive discount....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Shared Hot Tub
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Free Long Distance
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Lanai / Gazebo
Location & View
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Water Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Massage Therapist
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Ok, so you've read one, you've read them all, right? I begin to feel like plagiarism on these type sites comes standard. I wonder sometimes, 'how good is a place if owners of these units can't come up with something better than 'ideal location, or good restaurants?'. I hope when you go on vacation it's a 'GREAT' location. Let's be realistic, I could tell you all the restaurants that I think are great but say the manager quit or main chef's left a point for another 'ideal location,' then it might just not be great the night you go. I've experienced it, we have all experienced it. It's just like the movie your friend built up to be the funniest ever and you watch it, oh the letdown it is. However, if you would have just seen it before he said anything maybe you would have thought the same. Point is I'm going to list the ones my family and I like. We visit Waterscape about six times a year so these all have had their off nights except two, Old Bay Steamer that happens to be across the street and Louisiana Lagniappe that is located in On Fort Walton's scenic Okaloosa Island, you are only four miles from Destin. There are fabulous restaurants within walking distance, and in our view one of the best quality seafood restaurants in all of Okaloosa and Destin, Old Bay Steamer is right across the street. and frie a large areaas well as fishing pier, Gulfarium and boardwalk within easy walking distance. Shopping venues are from designer boutiques to the Silver Shells Outlet Mall in Destin , golf, and more world-class restaurants are close by. The kids will love the water parks, go-cart racing, arcades, the Gulfarium, museums, miniature golf, and more. On the beach you can go a little wild with parasailing, jet skiing, and wind surfing, or just relax in the chairs under the umbrella provided during beach season. Please use booking code WS008 to receive discount....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Please call for rates! We are offereing a 20% discount if you book before June 1, 2012!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2011
About: We have been traveling to the Destin area for 15 years and have never experienced a place quite like Waterscape. The second we entered the property we fell in love. We were lucky enough to find this beautiful unit overlooking the courtyard, palm trees, waterfall, pools and the ocean! Please use booking code WS008 to receive discount.
We chose Waterscape because it comes with great resort amenities. Here you'll find 3 pools, a lazy river, waterfall, kids splash pad and water features, work out facility, poolside bar and grille, and amazing security. We also enjoy biking and walking on Okaloosa Island. There are several restaurants in the area and the world famous Gulfarium. Please use booking code WS008 to receive discount.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
We often ejoying eating breakfast on our balcony and listening to the waterfall or just people watching as the day begins here at Waterscape Please use booking code WS008 to receive discount.
- Primary: 888-475-9051
- Secondary: Please use booking code WS008 to receive discount.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
One of the many views from the balcony
Kitchen with stainless appliances, washer and dryer located in pantry
1/2 bath off bunk room and kitchen area
Family room featuring leather couches and tiled floor
Master has king size bed, night stand, dresser, flat screen TV and DVD player
Guest bedroom featuring king size bed, dresser & flat screen TV with DVD player
Patio furniture on balcony overlooking waterfall and pools
Kiddie pool with slide and water toys, the covered play area is behind the pool
A look out our balcony
Kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel dishwasher
Dining area featuring an 8 person table, Great place to eat and hang out
Bunk room with 2 twin bunk beds
LCD flat screen TV and DVD player in family room
Master Bathroom with soaker tub, seperate shower, raised counter & double sinks
Guest bathroom featuring large tub, shower and raised bathroom counter with sink
One of the 4 pools. This one has a waterfall, climbing rope, and is zero entry.
Enjoying the white sandy beach
A beautiful waterfall to watch and listen too from our balcony
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 09, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.