VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Welcome to Kauai's magical North Shore! This 3 acre property with house and guest house enjoy pristine privacy and ocean views with a private path to a secluded beach. Kauai Vacation Hideaway also nurtures dozens of fruit trees that guest can pick from. Located just east of the adorable town of Kilauea this property is very close to the many incredible sights of the North Shore yet enjoys more sun and blue sky than most northern areas because it is not right at the base of the breathtaking mountains where most of the rain falls.
The main house has two bedrooms with king beds and 2 sleeper sofas. The guest house (nearby but well separated) has a queen bed and sleeper sofa. Both homes have a long list of amenities including hot tubs, washer dryers, Weber gas barbeques, beach- coolers-umbrellas-chairs, fine linens, and meticulous cleanliness!! Thomas is the dedicated property manager and he respects and protects guest privacy and is quickly available if guests have any needs.
The property is located on the edge of a bluff overlooking the ocean and below the home is a gorgeous secluded beach where you can easily and often find yourself in absolute privacy on a white sand Hawaiian beach- it is truly paradise! The ocean views from both homes are majestic. There are no structures or roads to lessen the views or privacy and the property has been creating Eden-like experiences for over 10 years. Landscaping work is essential to keep the grounds beautiful but that work is confined to Mondays 9-4 so guests know when there may be work nearby. Your vacation experience is very important to us and we care for every detail. Come to Kauai Vacation Hideaway and experience true peace and relaxation!
This is a legal vacation rental property registered with the County of Kauai and the State of Hawaii: TVR # 4284 / SP 2011-15. This is important because an illegal rental home can be shut down at any time! ...then what will happen to your vacation?
COUNTY OF KAUAI REQUIRES COPY OF FOLLOWING DOCUMENT ON ALL ADVERTISING: FOR THE SAFETY AND COMFORT OF YOU AND YOUR NEIGHBORS. Aloha and Welcome to HIDEAWAY BAY and the Beautiful Garden Island of KAUA'I.
1. Please Be Good Neighbors Keep noise to a minimum, especially before 8:00 am and after 10:00 pm. Your neighbors (distant, in our case) probably have to go to work the next day, so please be considerate. Turn off outdoor lights at night whenever possible. We enjoy our dark nights when the stars are bright and beautiful. Of equal importance, our wildlife can become disoriented at night if lights are too bright. Please be sure you park only on property; we have plenty of space for parking and driving on the lawn is OK. If you have any questions about our neighbors or how to best be considerate of them, please call Thomas.
2. Beach Safety Be mindful of the surf. Our shorelines face thousands of miles of open ocean. Northern winter storms and southern summer storms can bring us extremely dangerous surf conditions. NEVER turn your back on the ocean – summer or winter. Rogue waves can appear even in calm surf conditions. You can check ocean conditions. There are lifeguards at Haena Beach Park, Hanalei Pavilion, Lydgate, Poipu Beach Park, Salt Pond and Kekaha. For your family’s safety, we advise that you check with lifeguards before going into the ocean. For non-guarded beaches, you should at least check with local residents who are there regarding unseen currents or other dangers.
3. 911 In case of fire or medical emergency, call 9-1-1. The address and phone number of your accommodation is posted on the inside of both bedroom doors. For non-emergency assistance, please call Police Dispatch . The phone number for Wilcox Hospital in Lihue. The closest emergency treatment center is Mahelona Hospital up the hill on your right as you enter Kapa’a.
4. Weather We do experience flash flooding during periods of heavy rain. If you must drive in this kind of weather, drive with extreme caution. Severe weather could result in the temporary closing of the main road out of Hanalei. For the most up to the minute Traffic and Weather information.
5. Disaster Emergencies On the first business day of each month at 11:45 am, our Civil Defense sirens are tested. However, if you hear these sirens at any other time, please tune to AM radio station KQNG (“KONG”) at AM 570 for real-time reports and instructions. Also, the front of the Kaua’i phone book has emergency, disaster, evacuation and shelter information. Hurricane emergency supplies have been provided and are located over the bathroom in the back bedroom.
6. Security Although theft is our neighborhood is uncommon, please be cautious with your personal belongings. It is always best to lock up your valuables. Lock your doors and windows when you leave the property.
7. Island Driving Etiquette Please honor the posted speed limits. Frequently check your rear view mirror. If more than 4 or 5 cars are stacking up behind you, pull completely off to the side of the road and let them pass. This can also help you when driving at night as our dark roads can be confusing. The cars following you likely know where they are going and can help light the way for you.
If you are lost, remember that this is a small island and you will find your way soon. Keep driving until you find a safe place to pull over and turn around. If you can head downhill, you will get to the ocean within a few miles. Never make a U-turn on the highway.
When navigating the one-lane bridges, cross the bridges caravan style. It is usually appropriate for 5 or 6 cars to cross at a time. A simple rule of thumb: Drain the lane; if you arrive late – wait. When parking at the beaches, park, or sight-seeing locations be sure to park fully off the street, in assigned or clearly marked parking spaces. If you want to stop to enjoy the scenery, please pull completely off to the side of the road.
The main house, Hideaway Bay, has two master bedrooms and two sleeper sofas in the great room. The separate romantic cottage has one bedroom and a sleeper sofa...also with ocean views. The property could actually sleep up to 12 people....moreless
The main house, Hideaway Bay, offers 2.5 baths within the home. The guest cottage provides 1 full bath. Plus, there are three outdoor showers on the property to help you truly live Aloha!...moreless
Kauai Vacation Hideaway is a legal Vacation Rental recognized and registered by the State of Hawaii and the County of Kauai.
Licenses #: TVR 4284 / SP - 2001-15.
Illegal vacation rentals can be shut down at any time by the County of Kauai....moreless
Games For Kids
Satellite / Cable
Away From It All
Local Services & Businesses
Property is on a bluff above a gorgeous white sand beach. ...moreless
The State of Hawaii charges a General Excise Tax of 4% of the Total Booking
The County of Kauai charges a 9.25% Transient Accommodations Tax
Discounts available, please call Thomas for details!
Half of all fees due confirms the reservation.
The remaining half is due 30 days prior to check-in
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Welcome to the North Shore of Kauai! Many movies have been filmed on Kauai, 9 out of 10 of them were filmed on the North Shore because this is where the majestic beauty of this island can be found. While it is true there can be more rainfall on the north side of the island, this is the very reason why the North Shore is distinctly more green, lush, and rich with tropical plants and wildlife than the south side. Kauai is called the 'Garden Island' because of the natural beauty that exists throughout the island. However, the idyllic little towns, expansive farms and agriculture, and an obvious lack of large buildings on the North Shore makes it clear this name comes from the North Shore.
The large hotels, full service resorts, big box stores, international airport, biggest city on the island, cruise ship port, and 80% of the time-shares and condominiums are all on the South side. Meanwhile, exclusive homes, high-end real estate, must-see beach towns, private beaches, and peace and quiet are all on the North Shore.
Of course we are biased because Kauai Vacation Hideaway is on the North Shore. However, prior to purchasing this property, we looked at homes in Maui, Oahu, and the Big Island of Hawaii. But nothing compared to the lush and tropical area on the North Shore of Kauai. This area truly delivers on the promise of a lush, tropical Hawaiian hideaway.
Finally, even though our property is on the North Shore, we do not get nearly the rainfall as some of the other areas nearby. Clearly, if there is a large storm coming off the ocean, everyone will get wet. However, our place is on the top of a bluff where many of the clouds simply pass right overhead. Unlike the towns such as Hanalei and Haena, we are not tucked right under a large mountain. In those towns, the mountains force water from clouds and drop it onto the towns. For us, those same clouds pass right by and do not become rain until they hit the mountains further inland.
Year Purchased: 2000
About: I'm originally from Dallas, Texas and attended UC Davis in California before working at Oracle, Corio and Salesforce. My wife is from Modesto and we now live in San Anselmo, Ca with our three young kids. We travel out to Kauai when ever schedules allow and when we are not there we enjoy offering this property to travelers who are looking for something special...not surrounded by tourism and the associated hype.
Why Kilauea: It took us a long time to find what we wanted in Kauai. When we found this gorgeous spot with breathtaking ocean views and access to the secluded white sand beach below the property we knew right away that it was meant for us.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate: Kauai Vacation Hideaway works beautifully for families that want to be together but not always together. The two separate homes give a convenient option to multiple couples or families traveling with grandparents who want to be around the grand kids..but also have a peaceful retreat when it's nap time! Another wonderful feature is the homes' proximity to all the things to see and do on the North Shore. However, the property is located on a spit of land removed from the mountains and therefore out of the common rain zone which makes the North Shore so lush and abundant with waterfalls.