Upscale New Home W/Hot Tub, Close to Bike Bath, Hiking Trails
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Twin Peaks is a lovely and large, private mountain home with Tahoe's National Forest just steps away from your door - hiking, running, biking, snowshoeing and skiing - going far for fun is not necessary. Twin Peaks is located in a calm and peaceful neighborhood just off the West Shore. This modern day mountain lodge brings a cozy and relaxing feel to any vacation. Granite counter tops and hardwood floors surround the living space and a gas fireplace with luxury furniture welcome a pleasant way to unwind after a day of Tahoe fun.
Keywords: luxury home with hot tub, close to skiing and hiking
- 4300 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Gas Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room seats 0
- New Custom Built Home - 4300 Square Feet Bright, sunny, 2-story Great Room with wall of 10 ft windows facing south and opening onto the back deck - Solid Cherry Hardwood Floors throughout main living area Large back deck facing private wooded back lot Cozy Loft Overlooking Great Room with large flatscreen TV and Surround Sound Weber Gas grill on back deck off kitchen Granite counters and stainless steel appliances in gourmet kitchen All high-end stainless steel appliances 6- burner Thermador gas stovetop 2 full-sized KitchenAid ovens 42' French door KitchenAid refrigerator 2 garbage disposals All baths: travertine tile floors (except powder room which is slate)Granite, marble or onyx countertops in all of 4.5 baths In-floor hydronic heating Hot tub outside of master bedroom ...moreless
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Jetted Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Gambling Casinos
- Massage Therapist
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Winter Events and Activities 2012/2013 World Class Downhill Skiing/Snowboarding: Squaw Valley USA, Alpine Meadows, and Homewood Resort and are each within a 15 minute scenic drive and offer over 7000 combined acres of skiable terrain, 51 lifts, and 334 trails. Come and experience over 300 days of California Sunshine in America's favorite Playground. Tahoe City Cross Country Center: Just 5 miles east of downtown Tahoe City on Dollar Hill, the Nordic center offers 65 kilometers of free heel skiing and snowshoeing on 19 machine groomed trails including 8 kilometers open to your canine companion! Enjoy forest, meadow, and lake views before you have a rest at one of trailside warming huts where you can enjoy complimentary hot chocolate or tea. Polish your skills this winter and join North Lake Tahoe for the 30 kilometer Great Ski Race on March 3. The Village at World Renowned Squaw Valley USA: The Village is centered around an outdoor Events Plaza, and offers outdoor fire pits, a Bungee Trampoline, and an Aerial Tram to High Camp for ice skating at 8200 feet. The Village is home to multiple & varied Restaurants, Galleries, Boutique shopping, Winemaker Events at Uncorked, Spa Services, Demo Centers, Kids Activities, and finally Sleigh Rides and Dog Sledding in Squaw Valley meadow. Snowshoeing and Sledding: Pack a picnic and spend the day snowshoeing at Sugar Pine Point State Park, the Tahoe City Cross County Center, or Paige Meadows. Snowmobiling: Take in views along the Lake Tahoe ridgeline with North Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours. Cinema at the Cobblestone Center: Showing today's Hollywood Hits every evening. Shopping options: Downtown Tahoe City is home to a myriad of boutique shopping options including one of a kind Clothing Stores, Galleries, Jewelers, Sports Outfitters and Gourmet Provisioners. Dining: A diverse spectrum of dining options awaits the practiced Gourmand; American Favorites, Mountain Haute Cuisine emphasizing local and sustainable sustenance, and intimate Cafe options are all available in Tahoe City. Nearby Activities: Lake Tahoe and Donner Lake, Historic Downtown Truckee Shops and Dining, Martis Valley snowshoeing trails (dog friendly), Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours on the Summit of Highway 267, Sledding at the Tahoe Vista Regional Park and Mount Rose Meadows Special Events: Christmas Eve torchlight ski parade in Squaw Valley, New Years Eve Fireworks at the Village at Squaw Valley and the Village at Northstar, Snow Fest Carnival March 1-10, the Great Ski Race March 3 Northstar Events: NYE Village Fireworks Display, Snowshoe Social and Race Series March 17, April 1 and April 7 Summer Events and Activities: Boating: rent a speedboat at Sunnyside Marina to explore the lake from the water or step aboard the classic wooden yacht Wild Goose II for a cruise on Lake Tahoe; kayaks and paddleboards are also great for skimming the lake Beaches: Chambers Landing sandy beach, shared pier, bar & grill; Meeks Bay Resort for beautiful, sandy white beach, 2 boat ramps, ski boat rentals, canoe/kayak rentals, guided fishing excursions, (fishing licenses are available at the Meeks Bay General Store), paddleboats, water toys & accessories; Sugar Pine Resort has for a lengthy sandy beach and lovely grass area with paved nature trail Hiking: Emerald Bay has amazing trails to 'desolation wilderness', streams and walking excursion down to Vikingsholm Castle; travel the Tahoe Rim Trail to enjoy panoramic views of Lake Tahoe and the adjacent valleys, traverse wilderness & retrace Indian paths & pioneer trails and be captivated by the unforgettable vistas; the Rubicon Trail starts at DL Bliss State Park and dips up & down along the west shore offering some of the most scenic views of the lake - bring a swimsuit, towel & picnic lunch to enjoy a sunny day at one of the many quiet coves along the way Biking: Rent bikes in Homewood & ride down to Sugar Pine Point State Park & tour the park, small wildlife musesum & gift shop, or head northeast to Tahoe City and link up with the Truckee River bike trail into Squaw Valley; explore the many mountain biking trails Live Music: West Shore Cafe hosts the Full Moon Rising party series and live music every Friday + Saturday; Tahoe City offers free Sunday Concerts at the beach 4-7 pm; Museums: Explore the Tahoe Maritiime Museum in Homewood, dedicated to preserving Lake Tahoe's maritime history through innovative interpretation; Gatekeepers Museum in Tahoe City showcases Tahoe history, from the Washoe people through the logging & mining eras; Watson Cabin is the oldest building in Tahoe City & is listed on the National Register of Historic Places - the cabin is a testament to the simplicity of pioneer life; while in Tahoe City also check out the ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Summer/Winter/Thanksgiving: $650 night/$4000 week (7th Night FREE for All Seasons) Fall/Spring: $500 night/$3000 week Christmas/President's Week: $1000 night/$6000 week New Years Week: $1350 night/$8000 week Departure Cleaning Fee: $325 Occupancy Tax: 10%
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
- Nearest Airport: Reno Tahoe International at 45 Miles
- Nearest Train: Truckee at 16 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-80 at 16 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lake Tahoe at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Alpine Meadows at 5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Tahoe City Golf at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Hello! We are so enthused to have you viewing our home. We at Tahoe Luxury Properties were recently asked by the owner of this lovely property to take over management for him. Please know, for over fifteen years we have specialized in providing upscale vacation rentals in every size and price range. When you book with Tahoe Luxury Properties, you will receive more than just a great house however, you will receive customized service tailored to your specific desires. One item which sets us apart is our concierge services designed to make your stay particularly fabulous. Let us arrange for personal chefs to dazzle you with their culinary ability, babysitters to entertain your kids, or masseuses to revive you! Lastly, please know all utilities, TVs, hot tubs, etc. will be checked-in 24 hrs prior to your arrival; the heater will be set to 65 degrees and the porch light will be turned on so you will be welcomed by a warm and inviting environment. So, we welcome your inquiry and invite you to ask us all your questions and express all your vacation wishes so we can make your experience in Tahoe perfection!
Why the Owner Chose Talmont:
Blessed with magnificent natural beauty and located in the one most popular and desirable locations in the Western United States, Lake Tahoe is considered the jewel of California. At 6,229 feet above sea level, Lake Tahoe is the highest lake of its size in the United States, measuring 22 miles long by 12 miles wide, with an average depth of 989 feet and 72 miles of shoreline. Its clear blue waters surrounded by the towering Sierras are a sight to behold! Lake Tahoe is truly a treasure, hopefully to be visited by all at some point!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Nestled in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Lake Tahoe is home to some of America’s favorite vacation and recreation locations. Enjoy world-famous beaches, hiking, biking trails, watersports, skiing, dining, shopping, and more! With so many activities to choose from, there is something to keep everyone in your group entertained! At Tahoe Luxury Properties we have a full time concierge on staff to recommend fun things to do with your days and to arrange special ventures (from dinner reservations to personal helicopter rides). Whatever you desire, we are here to assist you!
- Primary: 800-581-8828
- Secondary: 530-584-3444
New Custom Home - 4300 Sq Ft - On Apline Meadows Shuttle Route during Weekends
Cozy Loft Overlooking Great Room with large flatscreen TV & Surround Sound
Master Bedroom: 42" TV/DVD with balcony
Lovely Queen Bed in Guest Room off Loft
Spacious Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances, Granite Counters, Seating - 4
4.5 Lovely Bathrooms in Home
Kitchenette in Bedroom Above Garage (not pictured = bathroom)
Great Room: 28" TV DVD, game table, vaulted ceilings, open floor plan
2 Double Beds - spacious bedroom and bathroom
Master Bath - all baths have travertine tile floors & marble or onyx countertops
Beautiful Dining Area with Seating for 8 and Tons of Sunshine
Foosball Table in Bedroom Above Garage (not picture - sitting area w/TV & sofa)
King Bed in Bedroom Above Garage
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 24, 2013