VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Begin your day with the morning sun rising slowly over Vine Valley, and shining across the clear, sparkling waters of Canandaigua Lake.
On a quiet evening, after a round of golf or a day in the sun on the water, relax on the dock with a cool drink and watch the moon rise over the top of Whaleback Hill.
The Beach House is ideal for vacation get-togethers with friends and family, a relaxing retreat, laid-back fishing getaway, honeymooning, a quite, secluded, autumn weekend on the lake for reflection and renewal, or just plain loafing. Consider the option of a fall rental when the autumn leaves are at their peak.
The Beach House has been the spring, summer and fall home to three generations of our family, and was renovated and designed to accommodate family enjoyment. Treat yourself to the peace & beauty of going to sleep and waking up alongside the shore of beautiful Canandaigua Lake.
The Beach House interior is a light, airy, contemporary design (900 sq. ft.) with sky light, wooden beams, and vaulted ceiling. Living area features a kitchen/dining area, full bathroom with tub/shower, master bedroom and living room. The living room is fully carpeted and includes, among other furniture, large davenport, sleep sofa (sleeps two), telephone, TV (cable/internet, DVD, VCR), games, and books. Kitchen equipped with refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, and cooking/eating utensils. Fully heated. Gas grill, canoe and 2 kayaks also included. Very nice beach area. Parking for two cars. Sleeps small family/two couples. BYO linens and towels. No pets, please.
The Beach House is located on the southwest shore of beautiful Canandaigua Lake in a protected cove, between Cook’s Point and Long’s Point, called ”Stemple’s Landing.“ This Landing was one of many stopping points for steamboats on the lake, during the 1800’s and early 1900‘s, picking up grapes and passengers for transport between Woodville and Canandaigua.
The Beach House location offers both seclusion and convenient access to many points of interest, shops and restaurants in the area:
• Take a short drive (or hike) up the hill to the hamlet of South Bristol and Arbor Hill Grapery offering award winning wines, grape products and giftsTake a short drive (or hike) up the hill to the hamlet of South Bristol to visit Arbor Hill Grapery offering award winning wines, grape products and gifts, and Brew & Brats featuring craft beers, local wines and delicious brats and fixings. The Brown Hound Bistro serves lunch & dinner, featuring regional produce and meats, Finger Lakes’ wines and beers.
• A five minute drive into Woodville will bring you to Smith Boys’ Marina for boat rentals, the Sawmill Bar & Grill, and The South End Diner offers family dining and home style cooking.
• Only 10 minutes by car, the Village of Naples has much to offer including: shops, banks, restaurants, pharmacy, supermarket, hardware, fishing gear etc. You might enjoy 18 holes of golf at Reservoir Creek, a tour through Hazlitt Winery, or an evening out for dinner and a show at the Bristol Valley Theater. Don’t forget to stop on the way for one of Monica’s Pies!
• A 15 minute drive north will bring you to the Heron Hill Winetasting Room, Bristol Harbour Golf Course, Lodge and Restaurant; and reasonable driving distance to many outstanding Finger Lakes
Located 45 minutes from Rochester, 45 minutes from Geneva; 20 Minutes from Canandaigua and 10 minutes from Naples.
Email for more information and a photo brochure with floor plan
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Optional - boat mooring$100
Refundable Damage Deposit$300
Although fess for a thorough cleaning are included in the rental rate, guests are expected to clean up after themselves, inside and outside of the cottage, before check out.
Cash, check, money order are accepted.
Credit cards are not accepted.
A non-refundable, 50% deposit is due upon receipt of the contract. Reservations will not be locked in until this deposit is received, and the dates requested will remain open to other interested parties. The remaining 50% balance of rent, along with the $300 damage deposit, is due no later than 3 weeks prior to check in.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.