Historic Marigny Neighborhood
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Marigny-Bywater house description
Great Marigny neighborhood, with local clubs, shops and walk to everyting. This double shotgun home has 12 foot ceilings, fireplaces in every room, hardwood floors and a great place to retreat between dancing, dining, drinking and taking in all New Orleans has to offer!
Rate is $290/night at all times including New Year's Eve, Jazz Fest, French Quarter Fest. (three night minimum).
Mardi Gras 5 night minimum.
The house comes with maps and guides to local attractions so you can make the most of your trip.
- Food: New Orleans has the best! From beignets to jambalaya, muffulettas, and po-boys, you'll find it all here.
- Music: Everything you've heard about the music in New Orleans is true. Catch a world-class horn player at one of our many nightclubs, or just walk down Royal St. to hear live street musicians, you'll hear amazing world class muscians.
- Walking: Grab a frozen drink and take a stroll. As long as it's in a plastic cup, alcohol can be consumed on the street.
- Cemeteries: Because New Orleans is below sea level, tombs are built above-ground.
- Parades: There's at least one a week, be the 'Second Line'.
- Music festivals: Free admission, great live music, and the best food on earth.
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Live Theater
- Not Necessary
- Sight Seeing
local services and businesses
sports and adventure activities
- Roller Blading
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Ceiling Fans
- Wireless Internet
- Local Maps
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Toilet Paper
- Local Activities Guide
- Hair Dryer
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Porch Furniture
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Furniture
ReviewsWrite a review
Comfy and close to everything!Guest comment entered by owner
Comfy and close to everything!
We stayed in Michele's vacation house in this summer and we really enjoyed her casual homey place. She helped us find THE exact type of live music we were looking for, Frenchman's St, and some fun and unusual neighborhoods, where we enjoyed great cafes and atmosphere. The temperature was too hot for daytime walking so we took our car and made out just fine.
- Guest Ksenia
- Date of stay 08/24/12
- Review Submitted 12/01/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 10 - Sep 10, 2014
3 night min stay
Feb 28 - Mar 4, 2014
5 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Mardi Gras 5 night minimum, French Quarter Festival, Jazz Fest 4 night minimum
Cleaning fee with 5 nights or more $150
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: New Orleans - Louis Armstrong Intl Airport at 12 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Canal St. Ferry at 0.7 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak Station-NOL, Loyola Avenue at 1.3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 10 at 0.75 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Buffas at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Port of Call at 0.4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I purchased this home July 2012, as I am a singer and muscian and come to New Orleans throughout the year. I am a singer songwriter, have a band and perform in New Orleans and Massachusetts. See me on the web. Chili Sweet or Shirley McAfee
Why the Owner Chose Marigny-Bywater:
The house was built in the historic double shotgun style, I've remodeled it back to its original charm. The house was lived in by Paul Bresoles the first Ragtime writer in the country. There is a commerative placque on the front of house.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Do you like the idea of not having to fight for parking spaces or sit in traffic before and after an event? If you like to walk, bike, or take the streetcar, you can get anywhere in New Orleans in just a few minutes from this location. Even if you bring a car, just park it and leave it alone as you attend events and explore the city.
- Primary: +1 5088685684
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Historic double shotgun
Ultra comfortable living room seats 8
second bedroom full
Festive New Orleans Style
Oversized Bedroom with feathertop full sized bed
Paul Sarebresole Residence historic Musician registry