El Cisne Cottage in Beautiful Farm Setting 1/2 Mile to Beach
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Piriapolis cottage description
This cottage is called 'El Cisne' and is part of five available at 'Granja Henderson', an 111 acre farm in the heart of Punta del Este.
106 sq m or 1141 sq.ft.
Master bedroom has 1 queen size bed.
Bedroom #2 has two single beds.
Loft has one single bed.
Bedroom #3 has a single bed (originally maid's room).
Bathroom #1 has a tub.
Bathroom #2 is outside by rear entrance (originally maid's bathroom).
This cottage has recently been fitted with a Magma wood fireplace. It heats up the entire house and is a joy to stay during the cold months on the southern winter! It faces the living room but has an intricate hot air plumbing that blows warm air into the master bedroom and the bedroom #2
Every guest staying at Granja Henderson has complementary access to all the vegetables that are grown on site at the organic vegetable garden!
Wildlife is abundant here. It is amazing to be so close to Punta and be able to enjoy mother nature at its fullest without the noises, people, traffic, pollution associated with city life. Here is a list of some wildlife that surrounds the Granja Henderson:
Lots of birds (Chaja, tero teru, hornero, swans, benteveo, pirincho, picaflor, cotorra, golondrina, halconcito, gorrion, cuervillo, sabia, ratonera, picabuey, garza, calandria, carancho, carpintero, cisne, cuervo, viudita, paloma, tordo, zorzal, chimango, chingolo, churrinche, murcielago, picapalo, golondrinas, tijereta, gallineta)
Zorro, nutria, mulita, aperia, huron, liebre, zorillo, comadreja, guazu, aperea.
About Granja Henderson:
This was my mother's patch. Her childhood farm. Her parents acquired it in 1942. The place she grew up on. Where her whole family spent their holidays and weekends. Second home and until recently first one too. Originally a chicken farm, later a dairy, then a Quarter Horse breeding facility. Now rental of cottages.
'El Cisne' was the first cottage built on the farm; 1943. The name came from the swans found on Laguna del Diario, in droves, lots of black necked swans swimming placidly on the lake. My grandfather lived here with my mother's family on weekends and holidays while he went building the rest of the farm. Being a civil engineer he knew what he was doing... and being extra-thorough of character he built with a sturdiness that people nowadays, when we recycle some building shake their heads in disbelief! The pergola under which the cars are parked in the summer, with exuberant foliage, is purely purple flowers in spring. Quite a sight. And in the summer many a barbecue is cooked on the 'parrillero'.
A little about Laguna del Diario. This lagoon is called thus because the horses that were used a great deal or on a daily basis for the garrison (colonial times) were allowed loose on the fields around the lake. The Sierra de la Ballena was hostile and they didn't climb up over it. So the daily horses were to be fetched from there. This is the translation for Diario. A diario means on a daily basis. All places in the countryside in Uruguay that are a Dead End are named Rincón. Thus the area where my grandfather's farm was, was called Rincón del Diario. It is in disuse now, as another road has been built to access the area.
Rental Rules and Regulations
1. CHECK-IN 4 PM CHECK OUT 12 PM
2. NON SMOKING cottage
3. Small pets under 22lbs are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. All pets must be leashes at all times.
4. NO renters younger 25 years unless accompanied by an adult
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of 20% rental is required. NO DISHWASHER in this cottage.
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to half of the rental rate is required.
7. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- six (6) persons .
9. Seven night charge required for peak season.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates includes a Uruguayan tax, a Inmobiliaria fee, electricity, water, gas, Satellite TV, WiFi Internet, wood, towels and linens, kitchen utensils and safe.
11. DAILY MAID CLEANING SERVICE – Is available for fee per hour.
12. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
15. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles.
16. LIABILITY - All of the cottages are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
17. FARM ANIMALS – Please stay away from all farm and wild animals. Every pasture surrounding the cottages are fitted with electrical wire which is designed to keep animals at bay, but WILL shock a human being at low currents. Due to the characteristic of our thatched roof cottages we do our best to keep insects at bay. You will, however, most likely encounter spiders, bees and bats.
18. FARM ACTIVITY – This is an active farm. Personnel are working from early hours of the morning till late afternoon with a long lunch break and specially in hot summer days. You will hear farm tractor noises, lawn mowing machinery, etc. We try to minimize noises in the mornings so our guests can rest.
19. COTTAGES CONDITION – These are original 1940's farm cottages. There is NO Air Conditioning equipment apart from the warm winter fireplace. The summer heat is kept out by the excellent insulation of the thatched roof and the double brick walls.
20. FIREWORKS – Fireworks are NOT allowed.
21. ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN – One basket for a complementary vegetable picking.
22. REMOTE GATE OPENER – One (1) Remote Main Gate Opener included.
- Vacation Rental
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Horseback Riding
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
forms of payment
- Accept Credit Card
- Linen Rental Possible
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
ReviewsWrite a review
Punta del Este in a charming cottage.
Punta del Este in a charming cottage.
I come to Granja Henderson every year since 2008, looking forward to spend a peaceful summer time at a safe property in this Uruguayan “à la mode” city beach. Never have I been disappointed, nor my husband or our 27 year old daughter. The cottages are clean with comfortable queen size beds, very well provided, and the room service is as diligent, polite and honest as it can be. We enjoy twilight walks around the private grounds, where horses wander about in the pasture, silent reading moments, meals in the open, the best organic vegetables, and a barbecue for the classic “asado”. Idyllic for those who find nature and country side lifestyle pleasant, and also want to enjoy the benefits of a close ocean beach as well. Inés, 53, uruguayan, frequent traveller to europe and USA.
- Guest Inés G.
- Date of stay 03/06/13
- Review Submitted 03/06/13
Peace and Quiet
Peace and Quiet
This place has a special energy....just being there feels great! The gardens that stretch between the houses are lush and very well kept. The house is simple, but has great character, and somehow, just feels right in it's context. Ten minutes from Punta del Este, and close to secluded beaches, and the wonder of Punta Ballena....an ideal location......and a very good choice!
- Guest Lallas (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Date of stay 12/23/11
- Review Submitted 03/18/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 24 - Jan 12, 2014
7 night min stay
Jan 13 - Jan 31, 2014
6 night min stay
Feb 1 - Feb 28, 2014
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Prices are all inclusive of 10.5% taxes, 8% real estate fee, electricity, water, etc.
US residents ONLY can purchase Property Damage Insurance:
http://www.propertydamageprotection.com/ and opt-out of 20% damage deposit.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee: $50
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: +1 8583371799
- Secondary: +598 4249 0000 Extension 1955 or 1956
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Dining room with living in the background
up to loft.
Bedroom #3 or maid bedroom.
BBQ by pergola.
Los Limoneros (additional rental unit) in the background.
fireplace dining and living rooms
loft with single bed.
Bathroom #2 access through outside and typically for maid bedroom..
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.