Button Bay Great Camp. Near Basin Harbor. Sleeps 11
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Vergennes house description
Inspired by the 'Great Camps' of the 'Gilded Age,' this newly on the rental market lakefront vacation compound was built for multi-generational, extended family vacations. Consists of a large 4BR home, guest cottage, and garage, perched above Lake Champlain with direct access to the shore, waterfront, and private dock. Expansive common areas look out to spectacular views over the lake and across to the Adirondacks. Cathedral ceilings and large bay windows adorn both house and cottage. The timber-frame construction contrasts with more modern design aesthetics and amenities, creating a beautiful mix of rustic and new.
The main house has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. One bathroom has a roomy shower, the other, a soaking tub with shower. At the end of the large main room is a sitting area with a sectional couch and chairs. Above the kitchen, in the loft, there is an additional living room, 46' HDTV, Blu-Ray/DVD, home theater, and work desk.
The guest cottage has it's own common room and a bathroom on the ground level floor. Upstairs, another bedroom with directly adjacent bathroom. The upper floor also has another living room with a queen size pull-out sofa, 37' HDTV, and Blu-Ray/DVD.
Large porches surround both the main house and the guest cottage and look out over the lake. The guest cottage has wraparound porches on both the first and second level. One section of the main house porch is screened in and has a large table for eating outside. Window access into the kitchen makes for an easy process of moving food and plates to and from the porch.
Because of the separate facilities of the Main House and Guest Cottage, the Guest Cottage can be used either as a quiet haven away from the family common area, or as a place to send whoever wants to stay up late playing cards, watching movies, or whatever.
Ceiling fans throughout the house and the cottage keep the temperature cool on warmer summer days.
A 2-car garage is located just outside across from the main house and next to the guest cottage.
A sit-on-top float, two stand up paddle boards, a kayak and a canoe will be stored on the dock and available for use.
Activities: swimming, boating, fishing, sailing, golf, tennis, hiking, biking, shopping, taking scenic drives, visiting historic sites, and just plain relaxing.
No smoking. No pets. Children welcome, but must be well supervised.
Rental of our home is for one week periods starting on Saturday afternoons and go to the following Saturday morning.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Events Allowed
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
- ************************************************************************************ The five bedrooms available (4 in the main house and one in the guest cottage), plus the sleep sofa in the living room of the Guest Cottage, will sleep 11 people in regular beds, but the property can accommodate more by having kids sleep on the floor in sleeping bags on pads or air mattresses in the loft, on the screened porch, or in the guest cottage. We have had up to 15 sleep here with no one losing their sense of privacy or feeling cramped....moreless
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
- While this is a wonderful place for families, small children need to be closely supervised. This is a house on a bluff overlooking a lake. The same features that make the property idyllic can also pose dangers for unsupervised children. Also, the house has not been 'childproofed'. Knives, kitchen chemicals, and other household dangers are within reach. There is also an open 'ships-ladder' staircase. So, bring children along for your family vacation, and let them enjoy swimming, fishing, boating, nature, and all the rich opportunities for activity that this property can provide. However, provide close supervision for children. They are your responsibility. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Holiday Resort
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
local services and businesses
- Fitness Center
sports and adventure activities
- Water Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Housekeeper Optional
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 19 - Aug 16, 2014
7 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency ($) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Fees and Taxes:
- Tax Rate 9%
- Cleaning $300
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Burlington International Airport at 30 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Ferry to Essex near Charlotte at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Rte. 7 at 6 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Just down the hill at 20 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Bar Antidote at 7 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Basin Harbor Club at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Black Sheep Bistro at 6 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
- Primary: +1 7036354828
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Boats on private dock (front) and float (left center).
Main House and Guest Cottage (lakeside view)
Dining room and living room in Main House.
Green Room (Queen)
Blue Room (XL twin)
Periwinkle room decorations
Sunset view from porch of main house.
Sunset view over Lake Champlain
Guest Cottage bedroom.
Main room on 1st level of Guest Cottage.
Main House (lakeside view)
Looking out over lake from main house porch.
Loft, looking out
Red Room (Queen)
Periwinkle room beds (2 twins=king)
Porch seating at main house.
View looking right/north from waterfront.
The driveway coming in from Button Bay Rd.
Guest Cottage upstairs living room/tv room with sleep out sofa (queen).
Loft Living/TV room