Charming 100+ Yr Old House, Cottage-Like, Close to Downtown .
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-30 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Picton house description
* Quaint century old large one bedroom house ~cottage like~ situated in a quiet neighbourhood in Picton. A few minutes walk to downtown shops and restaurants, the harbour, Claremont Spa, Macauley Mt and a short 15 minutes drive to Sandbanks.
* The decor of the house is simple and tastefully done with comfortable eclectic furniture and antiques. Original tin ceiling in diningroom, hardwood floors downstairs, pine floors upstairs.
* Double bed in upstairs sleeping loft area, bathroom downstairs. Fully equipped kitchen with small appliances, microwave etc. Washer and dryer. Linen & towels supplied.
* Small deck in the back yard. Barbecue.
* Wireless Internet
* Ideal for couples in particular, who would like to explore The County from a central location. Sofa bed in the livingroom will accommodate one extra person for a night or two. Babies or an older child/teenager welcome.
Prices based on double occupancy.
Keywords: Comfortable, affordable, convenient location minutes walk to Picton Harbour, fine restaurants and shops. Close to beaches at Sandbanks . Hiking trails, cycling paths and wineries nearby.
Please note: From Oct 31st/13 to May 1st/14 short term rentals are available (min. 1 month, max. 3 months) at the rate of $775 per month plus heat and hydro.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 2-3
- Double Bed (1) plus comfortable sofabed in livingroom.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Equestrian Events
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
ReviewsWrite a review
Comfortable and cosy
Comfortable and cosy
We spent 3 nights at this comfortable property in a low-key Picton neighbourhood. The listing description is accurate and the place is generally very clean. It is within a 10min walk to the downtown. All the basics (utensils, pots, dishes) are available for the kitchen and meals are easily prepared... unless you want to take advantage of some of the great restaurants in the area. The bedroom is upstairs and it is very quiet for sleeping (even with the windows open). The stairs are a little steep / awkward but you get used to them after a few trips. We are cyclists and this was the perfect location for several short (30km) to longer (70km) routes right from the door. There is also a place to store the bikes inside which was great.
- Guest Andrea T. (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Date of stay 10/12/13
- Review Submitted 10/15/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
Lovely weekend away!
Lovely weekend away!
My partner and I stayed at this lovely older home in Picton. It was very clean and very quiet.... perfect for getting away together. The rooms are spacious, the decorating eclectic, yet cozy, and the garden was lovely. We look forward to our next stay.
- Guest Vegfaery (Belleville)
- Date of stay 07/08/11
- Review Submitted 08/23/11
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you. Delighted to have such appreciative guests. First concern is to make our guests feel comfortable whether for a shorter Getaway or a week long vacation.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Oct 31 - May 1
30 night min stay
Discounts: 31 nights or more: C$26 Nightly; 35 nights or more: C$26 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
$300 cash deposit required. Returned on the day of departure by post dated cheque (5 days).
Additional Fees and Taxes:
All fees and taxes included.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: I'm a semi-retired woman, who is enjoying County living and everything it has to offer in each season: In Fall & Winter walks in conservation areas or cross-country skis at Sandbanks, in Spring & Summer the many art, music and theatre events. And ofcourse the fabulous restaurants as well as excellent wineries in the County. I am one of many visitors to the County, who decided to stay.
Why the Owner Chose Picton:
I chose to buy a house in Picton to live in part time in winter, and to have vacation rentals take place during the summer, when I live in the countryside in the County .... it's a perfect combination.
- Primary: 613-476-6785
- Secondary: 613-503-0190
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Diningroom, and kitchen in the background
A cozy corner to relax in
That's the bathroom.
Great spacious bedroom
Section of the backyard in winter
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 20, 2013