Charming Cottage - 2 Blocks to Town, 8 Blocks to Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Carmel By the Sea house description
This charming, light filled, one story cottage is conveniently located on a quiet street, 2 blocks from town and 8 blocks from the beach. Enter through a lovely front garden and trellis.
-The living room and dining room feature a coffered ceiling, plantation shutters, skylight, window seat, a wall of windows, and French doors leading out to the wrap around deck.
- The kitchen has granite counter tops, an eating bar, and is fully equipped.
-The generous sized master suite with California king bed has a skylight and French doors leading to the deck. The master bath has double sinks, mirrored closet doors, skylight, and shower with glass surround.
-The second bedroom is a generous 15 X 18 ft, has a queen bed, French doors leading to the deck, and skylight. The third bedroom has twin beds (trundle) and a desk.
- The home's amenities include a gas fireplace, fully stocked kitchen, flat screen TV, DVD and CD player, washer/dryer, high speed internet with wireless network, private, spacious deck.
- Carmel is well known for its quaint downtown with shops, restaurants, and art galleries, and for the beautiful Carmel Beach.
- Monterey offers sailing from its beautiful marina, kayaking, whale watching, seals and otters, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, seafood, hiking and biking.
- Pebble Beach is famous for it scenic 17-mile dive along the coast and for the Pebble Beach Golf Course.
- Pacific Grove has a lovely walking and biking trail along the Monterey Bay coastline with close up views of seals and otters and a sanctuary for migrating Monarch butterflies
- Carmel Valley has wineries, golf, tennis and hiking.
- Point Lobos State Park has beautiful hiking trails along the cove with sea lions, otters, and whales in their natural habitat.
- Who can resist the awesome beauty of Big Sur?
- Special events include the ATT Pro-Am Golf Tournament and Concourse d'Elegance in Pebble Beach, the Monterey Jazz and Blues Festiivals, and the Carmel Bach Festival.
Keywords: House, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, sleeps 4-6, attached garage
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Iron & Board
- Gas Fireplace
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Walk Carmel's world famous beach, watch the surfers, enjoy beach picnics, bonfires, and sunsets, stroll through downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea with art galleries, shopping, and restaurants, drive the scenic 17-mile drive in Pebble Beach, walk the Mission Trails Park to the Carmel Mission, historic Monterey, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, whale watching and kayaking on Monterey Bay, hike the trails and watch the whales, otters, and seals in Point Lobos State Park, golf the many beautiful golf courses, including the world famous Pebble Beach Golf Course, enjoy Carmel Valley wineries, tennis and golf and enjoy many special events on the Monterey Peninsula all year long, including the ATT Pro-Am Golf Tournament and the Concours d'Elegance....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A Wonderful Place
A Wonderful Place
Everything about our stay over the holidays was delightful. The home was cozy, bright, and cheery, just as the pictures show. The location, in a quiet, friendly neighborhood, allowed quick and easy access to Carmel's Downtown with its great restaurants and shops. During Christmas, the town glowed with lights. Our family loved the long walks on the beach and the dog could not have been happier! And...we had a lovely place to relax afterward. Thank you for sharing your home with us. We will definitely be back!
- Guest CAGirl (The Bay Area, California)
- Date of stay 12/21/12
- Review Submitted 04/05/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, tourists without a car, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
Very Large and Comfortable
Very Large and Comfortable
The home is well located in Carmel and less than two blocks from Ocean Ave (main street). There are dozens of shops and great restaurants within easy walking distance. The home itself is well constructed, very quite and comfortable. The large livingroom is filled with light a nice centerpoint to the home. The master bedroom is sizable and has a connecting on-suite bathroom. The kitchen is well stocked, so much so that we were able to easily entertain five friends for dinner. To our suprise and a nice bonus, our French Bulldog was welcomed by a neighbor's 'frenchie' where they enjoyed a bit of a romp in the hood. We are looking forward to our next stay here.
- Guest Michael (California)
- Date of stay 09/01/12
- Review Submitted 10/05/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, pet owners, girls getaway.
My husband and I had a wonderful weekend stay at your home. The cottage is exceptionally clean, comfortable and well-equipped. The location couldn't be better - very quiet neighborhood, yet easy walking distance to the shops and restaurants. Thank you for a wonderful stay!
- Guest Lynae (San Jose, CA)
- Date of stay 06/22/12
- Review Submitted 08/05/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Easy, bright and clean
Easy, bright and clean
We stayed here for one week this fall, and had everything we needed. It was clean, bright and cheery, very comfortable beds, easy walk to everything. The owners are always accessible. cute street. Very easy with kids. BBQ on the large deck. nice TV and DVD player. We had a wonderful time.
- Guest Shannon (Denver, CO)
- Date of stay 09/30/11
- Review Submitted 10/14/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, people with disabilities, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
$5000-$7500/month Pet fee required Non-refundable cleaning/laundry fee $150 Please contact us with any specific rental needs you may have.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Primary: (408) 354-6589
- Secondary: (408) 483-0016
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Street View of Cottage
Dining room opens to sunny side deck
Kitchen with Breakfast Bar
Spacious and bright Master Bedroom with French doors that open to deck
Master Bathroom Shower with skylight
French Doors Lead to an Inviting Deck from 2nd Bedroom
3rd bedroom with trundle bed that opens to 2 twin beds
Comfortable, light-filled Living Room with skylight
Dining Room with French Doors to Deck
Expansive View of the Deck from Master Bedroom
Guest Room with skylight opens to Deck
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 16, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.