Luxurious Lodge on Deer Mountain Near Deadwood and Terry Peak
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lead lodge description
Our lodge is one of the most unique custom built homes in the Black Hills of South Dakota. The unique features throughout the lodge display the creativity and fine craftsmanship that went into the construction. I hope you find that these features only add to the adventure and enjoyment of your travel experience.
The most notable features of the lodge are the exterior wishbone log structure, the interior log beams, up-lighting and uniquely designed curved walls and custom ironwork. The lodge also provides an incredible amount of off-road parking expansive enough for large trailers. These features set this cabin apart from others in the area and can only be truly appreciated in person!
The location of the lodge makes it convenient for you to enjoy year-round activities. For those who want to see the sites, you are within one hour or less of several national and state parks/monuments along with a wide variety of tourist destinations. If you'd rather stay local, you can either enjoy the comforts of the lodge and its great views or simply head outside! You are right next to the Mickelson Trail, ATV trails and Lead Country Club in the warmer months and practically next door to Deer Mountain and Terry Peak for skiing, tubing and snowmobiling in the winter months. A short drive to local towns like Lead, Deadwood and Sturgis provide year round entertainment venues, casinos and restaurants. Whatever your travel plans may be, I know that you will find this lodge to be interesting, convenient and relaxing.
Keywords: Cabin, Lodge, Deer Mountain, Black Hills, Lead, Deadwood, Sturgis, Mickleson Trail, Golf, Terry Peak, Hiking, Snowmobile, Skiing, ATV
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Gas Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Our lodge has a large loft area with Queen Bed, One main floor bedroom with Queen Bed, and One downstairs bedroom with a King bed, a queen bed, and a bunk bed set. The lodge boasts heated hardwood flooring in main areas, carpet in the bedrooms and tile in the bathrooms. There are concrete countertops throughout. The custom railings and full log beams provide character beauty throughout. The main level has a large living room for entertaining with direct access to the spacious deck and hot tub. The large wrap around deck features a built in speaker system, patio furniture, gas grill and provides a nice view of our 1 acre wooded lot. The lower level has a big screen TV with Nintendo Wii, large wet bar, dart board, leather sectional and foos ball table. The property also has a large on site parking area for large trailers....moreless
- Video Games
- Video Game Console
- CD Player
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Mobile Phone
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Our lodge is strategically located within a few short miles of most of the main Black Hills attractions. The Lead-Deadwood area boasts year round events and activities. A favorite activity of many guests is snowmobiling or riding ATV's. Our lodge is located yards from the heads of many snowmobile and ATV trails allowing guest to ride directly in and out with ease. The Mickelson Trail is also minutes away for those looking for easy access to a beautiful walking path and biking trail that winds through the Black Hills. The Lead Country Club is also minutes away for access to a challenging yet fun 18 hole course. In August, the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally attracts thousands of visitors and showcases numerous events and concerts. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Everything about this property is awesome! The owners were great and super nice to work with. The cabin is perfectly located near so many attractions. Whether it was Spearfish, Deadwood, Custer, Sturgis, Rapid City or Keystone we were within roughly an hour or so away! Everything inside the cabin was kept nice. I would recommend for family vacation or fun adult getaway! Thanks Shawn!
- Guest Wisconsin (Wisconsin)
- Date of stay 06/29/13
- Review Submitted 07/18/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Probably the nicest cabin in the Hills for the money
Probably the nicest cabin in the Hills for the money
Awesome, realxing cabin. We have rented this cabin on 4 different occasions from the previous and present owners. Present owners have made some nice upgrades. Very spacious and fun. Lots of room to park snowmobile trailers. Easily will fit 3 couples with plenty of privacy. Could easily sleep 12 people total. Owners are extremely easy to work with. We have looked at many other cabins in the Hills and this one cant be beat when considering price and accommodations. A great getaway!!
- Guest Scott (sioux Falls)
- Date of stay 02/01/13
- Review Submitted 02/14/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, pet owners, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Relaxing and resonable priced
Relaxing and resonable priced
Our son in stationed at Ellsworth AFB in Rapid City. Our family rented this beautiful house for 4 days and we loved it. There were 6 adults and we had plenty of room. The loft area was beautiful. There were lots of arcitechual details that really added character. I would definitely come back again.
- Guest scooby (Marion, IA)
- Date of stay 10/04/12
- Review Submitted 10/16/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Off Peak Rate..Apr, May Oct, Nov..$225/night Peak Rate......Dec-Mar, Jun-Sep...$250/night Holidays..........................$300/night Sturgis Rally.....................Negotiable Holidays = All Federal Holidays, Dec 24-Jan 01. 2 Night Stay Minimum and 10% Discount on Stays of 6 Nights or Longer. Cleaning Fee of $100 Applies to Most Stays. 5.5% SD Sales Tax Applies to All Stays.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: I am a Commercial Loan Officer at a bank in Rapid City, SD. This is a family lodge owned by my dad, brother and I that we're renting out during the times we are not visiting the Northern Black Hills. We always enjoy our stay at the lodge with its close proximity to Deadwood and all the events and activities associated with the town.
Why the Owner Chose Lead:
We purchased this lodge because of the unique features of the property and it's close proximity to Deadwood, Sturgis and Spearfish. We wanted a place where we could stay and still have access to ATV/snowmobile trails and skiing. The lodge has easy access to the highway which makes it very accessible even when the weather doesn't necessarily cooperate. The lodge provides the feeling of a luxurious home while the log beams and mountain view reminds you of being in the outdoors and the beauty of nature.
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
We enjoy having access to the ski resorts just minutes away. We also enjoy driving our ATVs directly to the trail heads that are located nearby. Deadwood casinos and restaurants provide nightly entertainment without having to drive an extended period of time.
- Primary: 605-280-5003
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front Side of Lodge during Winter
Main Entrance from gravel driveway
Main Floor Living Room
Downstairs Living Room
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 06, 2013