Relaxing Lakeside Cottage Resort Nestled in the Woods on Walker Lake Fine Dining
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Huntsville cottage description
The Norsemen Walker Lake Resort is an intimate and relaxing all-season resort nestled in the woods on beautiful Walker Lake in Muskoka, near Algonquin Park. For over 85 years, the Norsemen Walker Lake Resort has provided incredible family vacations or intimate retreats in secluded rustic cottages along 750 ft of pristine Walker Lake.
Swimming in the healing spring fed waters of Walker Lake is a delight, as is relaxing on the sandy beach, enjoying the huge dock and shallow, sandy beach. Resort guests have access to canoes, kayaks, paddle boat, stand up paddle boards and fishing boats. Fishing for bass off the dock or on the lake is a favourite activity for guests who love to fish.
In the winter come and explore a winter wonderland. Experience cross country ski trails by the lakes in beautiful Algonquin Park and Arrowhead Park. Ride Muskoka's vast snowmobile trails across forests, lakes, streams stretching from Georgian Bay to Algonquin Park. In the summer enjoy world class golf.minutes away.
Romantic Getaways: The Norsemen-Walker Lake Resort is an intimate and relaxing all-season resort nestled in the woods on beautiful Walker Lake in Muskoka - Lake of Bays. Located just 15 minutes from Huntsville and Algonquin Park but a million miles from it all. The Norsemen is a great choice for an intimate and cozy retreat. Relax in a secluded waterfront cottage, cuddle by the wood-burning fireplace while you gaze at the lake, then soak in the Jacuzzi. Canoe or kayak together and enjoy the haunting call of the loon and the tranquil quiet.
Snowmobiling and Skiing: The Norsemen is a great choice for a snowmobile weekend, stop-over on a long ride, or a destination point for a hearty lunch or dinner. We also welcome monthly or full winter stays – leave your sleds here and have your own private getaway for the winter. Enjoy Muskoka's vast snowmobile trail network across forests, lakes and hills from Georgian Bay to Algonquin Park. Hidden Valley downhill Ski Area is less than 10 minutes away.
The Norsemen is a great choice for a cross country skiing weekend, just 20 minutes from the f cross country ski trails in Algonquin Provincial Park. Travel amongst the hardwood forests and lakes typical of Algonquin Park, with three trail networks specifically designed and reserved for cross-country skiing. You will almost certainly see moose or deer tracks on your outing. We’re also close to Arrowhead Park with groomed cross country ski trails, snowshoe trails and an outdoor skating rink overlooking beautiful Mayflower Lake.
The Norsemen Restaurant: Treat yourself to the Norsemen Restaurant on beautiful Walker Lake in the heart of Muskoka. Relax in our historic lodge with stone fireplaces, wood beamed ceilings and 'Old Muskoka' charm while you savour exceptional game, seafood, steak and prime rib. Enjoy the haunting call of the loon and soft sounds of jazz as you watch the sun set over the lake. The Norsemen has a reputation for great food and great times. Get off the beaten path, enjoy the lakeside view, and savour the superb cuisine.
On Mondays enjoy the Norsemen Bistro. Experience our chef’s fine dining flair and quality with a more casual fare. Gourmet Pizzas, Ribs and BBQ smoked pulled pork sandwiches will tantalize your taste buds with inspired flavours.
We’re located just 10 minutes from Huntsville on Limberlost Road. Capture the spirit of Muskoka and the allure of Algonquin Park at the Norsemen Restaurant.
- 600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- The Birch is a modern two bedroom cottage with a wall-to-wall, floor to ceiling glass front wall that provides a wonderful view of Walker Lake during all seasons. It feels like you're outside when you're inside. Each bedroom has a queen bed and there is a pullout couch in the living room. It also has a wood-burning fireplace to cozy up by while you gaze at the stars outside. It includes the use of the canoes, kayaks, fishing boats with motor, beach and dock area. All linens, towels, cooking utensils etc. are also included....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The Norsemen-Walker Lake Resort is an intimate and relaxing all-season resort nestled in the woods on beautiful Walker Lake in Muskoka - Lake of Bays. Located just 15 minutes from Huntsville and Algonquin Park but a million miles from it all. The Norsemen is a great choice for an intimate and cozy retreat. Relax in a secluded waterfront cottage, cuddle by the wood-burning fireplace while you gaze at the lake. Canoe or kayak together and enjoy the haunting call of the loon and the tranquil quiet. Our getaway package for $350+tax per night includes accommodation and dinner for two at the extraordinary Norsemen Restaurant. The Norsemen is a great choice for a snowmobile weekend, stop-over on a long ride, or a destination point for a hearty lunch or dinner. We also welcome monthly or full winter stays – leave your sleds here and have your own private getaway....moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
- Coin Laundry
- Autumn Foliage
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Water Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
forms of payment
- Accept Credit Card
- Basic Soaps
- Activities Guide
- Wood Stove
- Wireless Internet
- Ceiling Fans
- Towels Provided
- Paper Towels
- Linens Provided
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Filtered Water
- Toilet Paper
- Sofa Bed
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Lawn / Garden
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Pedal Boat
- Kayak / Canoe
- Boat Dock
- Beach Chairs
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
- Boat With Paddles
Pool / Spa
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$100 off weekly bookings made before Feb. 28, 2012
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Toronto International Airport at 120 Miles
- Nearest Train: Huntsville at 10 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 60 and Hwy 11 at 10 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Multiple at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Hidden Valley at 5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Deerhurst, Grandview, Mark O'Meara at 5 Miles
- Primary: +1 800 565-3856
- Secondary: +1 705 635-2473
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Relax with our ducks
Cottage with wall to wall windows facing the lake
A treasure of family memories
View from a cottage
Secluded and private cottage nestled in the woods
Sunset at Walker Lake
Comfortable, warm and cozy nights
Beautiful Lakeside View
Kids having fun
The Norsemen Restaurant
The dock in the evening
Warm and cozy interiors
The Norsemen Restaurant - wood beam ceilings and stone fireplaces
A great place for family fun.
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.