VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 950,000 listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Welcome to Cape Escape! Come experience a taste of Martha's Vineyard in Crystal Beach, TX.
This beautiful beachfront home has it all! It's decorated and furnished with vintage antiques, beadboard ceilings and ship lap walls for that vintage, eastern seaboard cottage feel, yet it has brand new technology with memory foam beds to Wi-Fi, indoor/outdoor stereo system, 4 flat-screen tv's with dvr's/dvd's and more. There is nothing in front of this home except solid ocean views from downstairs and upstairs decks.
Cape Escape is perfect for multiple family renting. It boasts 5 bedrooms or 4 bedrooms and two living areas all with unobstructed views of the gulf. All beds are solid memory foam or memory foam toppers. Game room doubles as bedroom with closet and beds so kids can enjoy their favorite gaming system (Playstation 3 in game room) and tv shows on the large flat screen and adults can have fun downstairs in the great kitchen/living/deck area.
Cape Escape sits right behind private subdivision walk-over to beach and has two masters down - each with its own flat screen, direct tv, dvd/dvr's. Each master also includes a private sink and toilet room with a shared, roomy walk-in shower with LED-lit rain shower. Home also has 24' ceiling in den with ship lap walls and windows all the way up. Luxurious kitchen awaits with white marble counters, custom beadboard cabinets, glass backsplash, island bar, stainless appliances and comes fully equipped with service for 24, two coffee pots, blender, new pots and pans, wine glasses, condiments, etc... Kitchen also has second, storable table with folding chairs for extra seating. Living areas has 47' flat screen with surround sound, direct tv, dvd/dvr, queen sleeper sofa and half bath. Living area is also stocked with movies, games, books for your enjoyment. Upstairs has beautiful views of the ocean from the 2nd floor balcony inside and the deck outside. Two bedrooms and gameroom/bedroom up have 4 sets of bunks, a full-size and a full futon sofa along with a twin futon chair. Upstairs bath has double sinks for more convenience.
Outside decks are huge and have table/chairs for 4, 2 pub table/chairs for 4 each or 8, rocker, swing, etc... Decks also equipped with stereo speakers. Downstairs bar area has electrical for your favorite summer drinks and stereo speakers plus sink, 4 bar stools, 2 private shower areas, ping pong table and covered/uncovered fenced in area for pets or kiddos playing in the yard.
Cape Escape sits on a very quiet, private part of crystal beach with no car beach access. Yet, it's close to all the shops, stores, restaurants!
We want you to want for nothing, relax and enjoy the 'cape' experience of Cape Escape. Book your vacation today!!!
Primary deck off dining/living area boasts table with chairs for 4 and pub table with pub stools for 4 & rocker/ Upper Deck (chairs for 2 & pub table for 4) / Bar Area has swing and bar stools for 4...moreless
* Book w/in 7 days or less of date you want to arrive and receive 25% discount on regular rental rate for dates being booked! When booking, mention the HomeAway Last Minute Booking Special
* Book "orphan" dates & receive 30% discount on regular rate for dates being booked! Mention the HomeAway "Orphan" Booking Special. (Ask booking agent for current "orphan" dates).
* Home rents for minimum of six days during summer dates unless exception is given or there are last-minute bookings available
* Per-day rates decrease with each additional day rented after two-day rental (Call for specific pricing breakdown between 3-6 day rentals)
* Rates are significantly decreased when booking for 6+ days
* Please call for current special rates available
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Crystal Beach, TX is located in the heart of 27 miles of beach on the Bolivar Penninsula in Galveston County and about 1.5 hrs from Houston. The area is know for its fishing opportunities and camping availability. Unlike most beaches, Crystal Beach affords tourists the ability to rent beach homes RIGHT ON THE BEACH - just as Cape Escape is situated.
Besides hanging out on the massive beach steps from you, there are other activities to enjoy in the area such as:
1. Galveston: Galveston Island is a short ferry ride away. There you will find Schlitterbahn water park, Pleasure Pier amusement park, Moody Gardens which houses an amazing aquarium, rainforest, Paddlewheel boat cruises, a 4D Special FX Theater, golf course etc. Galveston also has Museums, The Strand downtown shopping area, dining galore, activities on the historic sea wall and much more.
2. Winnie, TX: This small community about 30 minutes up the road from Crystal Beach and right off Interstate 10, hosts a monthly flea market called 'Old Time Trade Days.' It's the largest flea market in South East Texas and accommodates over 500 vendors. If you are looking for antiques and collectives, art, home decor, jewelery or, if you just want to walk around, eat and drink and have a great time, this place is for you.
3. Bolivar Peninsula Beaches: Bolivar Peninsula has 30 miles of beach front and Crystal Beach is in the heart of the island. Some unique things about our beaches is that your can drive on them with your vehicle or golf cart. You can make a campfire, and your pets are welcome as well. The warm gulf waters allow swimming almost year round. Some other activities the beach offers is beach combing for shells, fishing, horseback riding, wind sailing, etc...
Bolivar's Bay Side: This side of the island has extraordinary views of the Gulf intracoastal water way as well as great hunting in the Bolivar marshes and fishing spots. Bolivar's East Bay is considered by many as the BEST waterfowl hunting in the state of Texas. Rollover Pass is one of the most popular fishing spots on the peninsula and it's also free.
More Crystal Beach Activities: The Penninsula is home to many festival including Texas Crab Festival, Bolivar Slam Fishing Contest, Bolivar Mardi Gras, Endless Summer Bash, Crystalland Christmas Beach Parade, etc.
There are fishing charters, bird-watching or birding trails, dining, shopping, golf, nightclubs, water slide or ...
... just rent this home, sit out on the deck overlooking the calm waters of the Gulf, take in a great sunset, relax to your favorite tunes, BBQ your favorite catch and chill!