Unique Antebellum Estate, Private Lake Close Lake Mich Beaches
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
St. Joseph estate description
McCormick Manor -- www.McCormickManor.com -- is nestled in a private 100-acre Estate, is a peaceful and secluded getaway with the closest neighbor being 1/2 mile away. The only noise you might hear is our farm rooster and, when conditions are right, a peacock. Your peace and serenity is guaranteed with state-of-the-art security -- complete with a gated entrance, video surveillance, and your own private alarm system. The well-stocked, spring fed, 5-acre McCormick Lake is surrounded by sugar maples and oaks. The lake is a favorite stop for the deer and turkeys that often visit for a drink from the cool waters. It is also a noted stopover for migrating waterfowl. After a day of beaching, hiking, biking, cross country skiing, wine tasting ... you name it, you'll enjoy the 2-person Jacuzzi overlooking McCormick Lake. Gorgeous lake vistas await you year-around! The Lake Michigan white sand beaches and dunes are just a 5-minute drive away.
Keywords: Private Estate, Fishing Lake, close to beaches, restaurants, golf, casinos, wineries, vineyards
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Alternative Lifestyle
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- McCormick Manor, nestled in a private 100-acre Estate, is a peaceful and secluded getaway with the closest neighbor being 1/2 mile away. The only noise you might hear is our farm rooster and, when conditions are right, a peacock. Your peace and serenity is guaranteed with state-of-the-art security -- complete with a gated entrance, video surveillance, and your own private alarm system. The well-stocked, spring fed, 5-acre McCormick Lake is surrounded by sugar maples and oaks. The lake is a favorite stop for the deer and turkeys that often visit for a drink from the cool waters. It is also a noted stopover for migrating waterfowl. After a day of beaching, hiking, biking, cross country skiing, wine tasting ... you name it, you'll enjoy the 2-person Jacuzzi overlooking McCormick Lake. Gorgeous lake vistas await you year-around! The Lake Michigan white sand beaches and dunes are just a 5-minute drive away....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Hot Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Fitness Center
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Parks
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- BOTH the McCormick Manor House & Hunting Lodge units feature the following ... * Nestled in a private 100-acre Estate * 5 minutes from white sand Lake Michigan beaches * Short distance to several area golf courses * Stocked 5-acre McCormick Lake with 'catch & release' fishing and dock * Miles of trails for scenic walks and hikes * Short distance to restaurants, bistros, cafes, and shopping * Miles of designated bicycle routes * Located in the middle of SW Michigan's 'Wine Country' * Four Winds Casino and Blue Chip Casino are nearby as well * And MUCH MORE await you! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our family was in Benton Harbor area for the Steelhead TRI so this location worked out great. We had 5 adults 1 baby plenty of room for all plus the extra equipment for the race. We enjoyed the quite relaxing deck and gazebo near the lake. If you have young ones who like to fish bring some worms or crickets and have a ball with some of the biggest bluegill you will ever catch. We played golf, hit the wineries, spent an afternoon at Hagar beach only 10 minutes away and saw one of the most beautiful sunsets ever. Never realized how nice Lake Michigan beaches were. Clear water warm enough for all to get in without a problem, clean sand better the ocean beaches. Bill the owner was around. Nice guy and helpful with local info. Sent us home with some fresh tomatoes out of his garden. We didn't realize units were connected but it never was a problem!! Property was very clean and well supplied. Wifi was a little weak needed to move around to hit the sweet spots Hope to get back soon
- Guest Rocketmanjm (ST. Charles)
- Date of stay 08/18/12
- Review Submitted 08/24/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+.
We’ve stayed at many terrific places where it easily could have been a perfect visit if ONLY they had _______ (every location was lacking in some way). That is until our stay at McCormick Manor! It was truly wonderful, all-encompassing and they’ve thought of everything! The accommodations were fantastic, the location was near more than enough activities to keep us thoroughly entertained, area restaurants / wineries were great, there are 18+ golf courses within a 20-minute drive, and I could easily go on and on. Not only are we planning a return trip, but also are considering a Fall and Winter visit -- perhaps this will become a quarterly adventure for us!
- Guest DJ (Chicago, IL)
- Date of stay 06/07/11
- Review Submitted 05/21/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
The Hunting Lodge Unit: $495.00/weekend The Hunting Lodge Unit: $1250.00/weekly The Manor House Unit: $5200.00/weekly The Entire Property: $7300.00/weekly Contact us for annual rates.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 1990
About the owner: I am a Gentleman farmer.
Why the Owner Chose St. Joseph:
Family history in this area.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
Fishing from the pier of the private lake, walking the trails on the property, goats and chickens on the property
- Primary: +1 (224) 330-7641 After hour calls will receive voicemail
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - McCormick Manor & Hunting Lodge :: The Amenities
- CLICK HERE - McCormick Manor & Hunting Lodge is your retreat from everyday!
- CLICK HERE - McCormick Manor & Hunting Lodge :: Photo Gallery
- CLICK HERE - McCormick Manor & Hunting Lodge :: Guest Rates
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
With McCormick Manor and Hunting Lodge, you have TWO separate units.
Farm peacock ... you also might see our chickens.
McCormick Manor is just minutes from the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan.
The Hunting Lodge: great room with high ceilings, ac / heat, washer and dryer.
The Hunting Lodge: featuring 3 bedrooms.
The Manor House: featuring Granite Full Wet Bar overlooking McCormick Lake.
The Manor House: even the Dining Room has unique items for an interesting stay.
The Manor House: features a Sauna and Fitness Room.
The only noise you might hear is from the farm goat ...
The well-stocked, spring fed, 5-acre McCormick Lake is surrounded by trees.
The Hunting Lodge: featuring Satellite TV with DVD, WiFi, and much more!
The Hunting Lodge: featuring a fully stocked kitchen with dining area.
The Hunting Lodge: featuring a Jacuzzi that overlooks McCormick Lake.
The Manor House: featuring a Gourmet Kitchen with all the Amenities.
The Manor House: features 5 Bedrooms.
The Manor House: features a Jacuzzi and Heated Floors.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013