VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Charming Direct Oceanfront Home. Looks like it's 'Straight out of Pottery Barn' - Crisp white linens. Bead board wainscot. Soft beach colors. And cool stone floors. Totally renovated in Aug 2012.
Located just 5 minutes from Historic Downtown St Augustine on the 'Best Section' of beach. Loads of activities within walking distance. No long catwalks. No Cars allowed. Just waves & powder white sand steps from your door (See Beach Overview below).
This is 2 berooms.
You will love the outdoor space. TWO Covered Lanais. One is Oceanfront for enjoying the View and Breeze . Great for Dinner or Lunch or just relaxing with a book. In the Rear is a Private Courtyard with Grill (gas or charcoal) and a second Dining area. Also Outdoor shower with hot and cold water. Beach Chairs and boogie boards.
Inside is the new 'open floor plan'. A central room with Kitchen, Living and Dining all in one. The BIG SCREEN TV comes with Comcast Cable plus a Streaming Video box for sharing You Tube Videos or Netflix (if you have an account) & FREE Wireless INTERNET. The Leather sofa converts to a Queen Sleeper if you need more sleeping arrangements.
My favorite space is the 'conversation area'. A round table with 4 leather swivel chairs flanked by double windows. A perfect place for games, cards or just sitting around laughing and telling stories. We provide several but our family favorite is Rummikub. It is the rare game where you can actually make a difference depending on how creative you are and can be played by all ages from 6 to 96. I hope it will become a tradition for your family as well and you'll think back to your stay in St Augustine each time you play.
My favorite thing in the house is the Granite Counter top. It is a new 'Leather Finish'. You will see what I am talking about. Very different. And the Floors. They are a mat finished Marble. So soft and cool. We loved them so much we used it throughout the house, even on the Lanai.
The KITCHEN was renovated 2012. All Stainless Appliances, Smooth top Stove and a really quiet Dishwasher. There is a HUGE Gathering Island with Bar Stools where you will spend most of your time. Fully equipped with Pottery Barn dishes and glasses and all the Pots and Pans you will need to prepare gourmet meals. I hope it will inspire you to stay home and cook. You may save enough to stay another day. That’s one advantage of a Home vs a Hotel! So bring your cookbooks.
There is also a Third Dining Table inside (We want to give you options) plus 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.
The Bedrooms both have ocean views & 42' Flat ScreenTVs. One is direct beachfront with 180 % view. The other has an 8 foot Picture window. Great to wake up to the sunrise. They can be breath taking.
Both Baths have the new style Bubble tubs where the air comes from the bottom vs the jets in the side. Much quieter and more soothing. They also have showers with classic subway tile surrounds and Furniture style vanities with stone vanities.
The Seaside Cottages provide all the Towels you will need (Bath & Beach). Beach Chairs & Boogie Boards. Shared Laundry. 2 Parking spots. And grassy space next door for Badminton or cartwheels.
Remember, if you need more space, or less, there are 4 Cottages to choose from:
Please checkout my other listings 997262, 997177, 3528116,
Now to the Beach and why I call it the 'Best Beach'. You need to do your research here. There is a tremendous difference in the beaches and only 18 streets of what most people agree is the Best
BEST BEACH. There are 4 distinct Beaches in St Augustine. Be sure and find out “where” your beach house is located before you book. I believe this is the BEST section for 5 reason:
1. First is the SAND. The sand is like powder, not coarse ground up shells like Vilano to the northo. This is the white powder you are looking for. Great for drip castles!
2. THE OCEAN IS RIGHT AT YOUR DOOR STEP. There is no long raised boardwalk like further south along Atlantic View with a 5 minute walk across the dunes to navigate with the cooler & chairs before you ever get to the water. Here the ocean and the VIEW is steps from your door. Be careful. There are some “beachfront” homes that are so “far from the beach” because of the sand dunes that you can hardly “see” the ocean.
3. There are NO CARS. This is a major distinction. Everything south of A Street has Cars. Imagine trying to play paddle ball or throwing football with cars continually passing by & having to be on constant baby alert. Not while you are on vacation!
4. The beach is WIDE with GREAT WAVES - Some beaches in Vilano to the north are narrow & steep, some even with rocks. The slope of the beach affects the waves. They break so close in you can't boogey board. The locals consider this the BEST SURFING around. There's a friendly Surf shop with lessons & rentals right down the street on 1st Lane if you have some adventurous ones. The rest will have plenty of fun with the boogey boards provided by Seaside Cottages free of charge.
5. The beach is within WALKING DISTANCE of loads of activities and restaurants. Many beaches both north and south are so isolated you have a long drive to get to anything. Not here. It is so nice to be able to walk over to a restaurant for breakfast or send the kids out for Ice Cream Cones. There is a park nearby with Tennis and a YMCA for swimming or workout. Even a funky BQ restaurant with live music where you can have a drink and watch your little ones play in the POOL. But better yet is the Pier. Located within walking distance they have a new Spash Pool the kids will love plus Beach Volleyball courts, pier fishing, a Farmers Market and Free Live Music Concerts. How wonderful is that?
So…… Please call if I can answer any questions day or night or visit my website with photos of every room and check out my You Tube Video.
I am so glad you decided to try a HOME vs a condo or hotel. There is such a difference. My hope is that you will come to think of us as 'your' second Home at the Beach and that it becomes a family tradition.
Direct Oceanfront with Panoramic Views and Flat Screen TV...moreless
Bedroom 2: 1 queen
Ocean View with Private Bath and Flat Screen TV...moreless
Both Bedrooms with Panoramic Ocean Views and Flat screen TVs
Bathroom 1: toilet, combination tub/shower, jetted tub
Private bath off Bedroom 2 with New Bubble Tub vs Jets...moreless
Bathroom 2: toilet, combination tub/shower, jetted tub
Serves Bedroom 1 and Greatroom with New Bubble Tub...moreless
Satellite / Cable
Local Services & Businesses
Direct on the sand - Wide Beach with NO CARS and NO CAT WALKS - The ocean is right at your door....moreless
Best Beach - Ocean right at your door - No Long Catwalk (some homes have a 5 min walk over the dues to get to the water) - No Cars Allowed (be sure to ask before you rent) - Wide Beach w/Powder Sand...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
Iron & Board
Dishes & Utensils
Deck / Patio:
Front Oceanfront Covered Lanai plus private back cobblestone deck with Covered Porch for Dining...moreless
Royal St Augustine right on Anastasia Island minutes away and 20 access to World Golf Village and Sawgrass or TPC...moreless
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Holiday upcharges: July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas,and New Years $500
Veterans Day, Bike Week, Easter, and Labor Day $300
Memorial Day $400
MLK Day and Presidents Day $250
Minimum 4 night stay during holidays, except July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years is a minimum 7 night stay.
Half due at booking and the other half 60 days before you arrive. We accept cashiers' checks, personal checks, or money orders for payment.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
World Golf & Sawgrass/TPC + Royal St Aug 5 Minutes
10 GREAT restaurants within Walking Distance
Direct Oceanfront on St Augustine Beach
Car: Not Necessary
There are endless things to do in Historic Downtown St Augustine all less than 5 minutes away by car or Trolley. Just search the web and you will be overloaded.
We are located just south of Downtown over the Bridge of Lions on Anastasia Island. There are tons of things to do within Walking Distance which is one thing that makes this Home so unique. Below are a few ideas. Feel free to call for details.
LOADS TO DO WALKNG DISTANCE FROM YOUR DOOR:
• Splash Pool at Pier
• Free Concerts at Pier
• Farmers Market at Pier
• Beach Volley Ball at Pier
• Outdoor Music at Jack's BQ
• Swimming Pool when you eat at Jacks BQ
• Ice Cream Shop
• Tons of Great Local Restaurants (No Chains)
• Cafes with Live Music
• Surf Shop with Surf Board, Kayak and Bike Rentals
• Segway Rentals
• Shell Shop
• Beach Shop selling Bathing Suits and Souvenirs
ON ANASTASIA ISLAND, MINUTES AWAY BY CAR:
• Swimming at YMCA with Day or Week Pass
• Gym at YMCA with Day or Week Pass
• Sports Bar
• Miniature Golf
• Canoeing on the Intracoastal
• Deep Sea Fishing
• Fishing on the Intercostal
• Boat Rental
• Pottery Painting
• Windsurfing at Anastasia State Park
• Amphitheater for concerts
HISTORIC ST AUGUSTINE JUST 5 MIN NORTH:
• Alligator Farm
• Oldest School
• The Fort
• Lighthouse Museum
• Flagler College
• Ghost Tours
• Winery Tour
• Chocolate Factory Tour
• World Class Restaurants
• Romantic Sailing excursions
• Ripley's Believe it or Not
• EcoTours for to see Dolphins or Birds
AMUSEMENTS NEAR BY:
• Outlet Malls at 95 - 10 min
• Go Cart Racing - 10 min
• All the Chains (Carrabba's, Red Lobster, Outback) - 5 min
• Daytona Races - 1 hour
• Disney World, Sea World & Universal - 2 hours
• Marine Land to see the Dolphins - 20 minutes
• Kennedy Space Center
• Jaguar Games
• Jacksonville Zoo
• Jacksonville Children's Museum
• Jacksonville Cummer Art Museum
• Ponte Vedra's TPC or Sawgrass - 30 minutes
• World Golf Village - 20 minutes
• Royal St Augustine - 5 minutes
Year Purchased: 2011
About: My name is Linda Bayles. I have been a Reator with Remax in the Jacksonville/St Augustine area ranking in the Top 1% of Agents since 1998.
I work primarily as a Single Agent. There are not many of us out there. Most Realtors work as neutral Transaction Agents. You can googe 'Buyers Agent' to get an overview of the difference. I think it is big. Just ask yourself the question, Would I want the other sides Attorney to represent me too? That's it in a nut shell but the amazing thing is, unlike Attorneys, it does not cost you anything to have your OWN Realtor representing just YOUR interest. We are all paid by the Seller. So .... I would love to help if you are thinking about buying or selling in the area. Just call and I will start sending photos of homes so you can get familiar with the options before you come. Once here just let me know when you are available. We can see about 4 per hour.
And in 2004, I fell in love with St Augustine Beach.
Why Private Homes: In 2005 I walked into a 1926 beach cottage on St Augustine Beach and knew I had found my calling. I wanted to 'Create' a vacation space for Families. Large extended families. A place were Cousins, Grandmothers, Uncles and Aunts can comfortably come together to reconnect and enjoy each other away from the demands of the outside world.
I come from a large family of 5 children as does my husband, Brad. Some of my fondest memories are when we all got together to just 'hang out' for 3 or 4 days. The little ones always come up with a 'play'. The adults always congregate in the Kitchen passing down the 'Family Recipes' to the next generation and playing Games. We are a big Game playing family. Specifically Rummikub . If you have never played, you should. I make sure there is one in each house and once you are hooked and have one of your own, hope you will think of your St Augustine stay every time you play. (Call and I will give you the rules)
So I bought that 1926 Craftsman, gutted it and turned it into The Chautauqua which sleeps 22. It has been a rewarding success.
In 2011, my Father expanded the tradition and bought 4 homes on 3 Oceanfront lots. We could not believe our luck and spent the next year remodeling them into The Seaside Cottages. We just put them on the market in June 2012.
Now we can accommodate up to 35 in one location! Cottage 1 is 5 bedroom 5 bath plus 2 sleeper sofas, 1 daybead and 2 bunks. Cottage 2 is a 2 Bedroom 3 bath plus sleeper sofa. Cottage 3 (here) is a 2 bedroom 2 bath with Sleeper. And Cottage 4 is a 1 bedroom 1.5 bath with Sleeper.
The Best part is not only the houses but the BEACH. There are only 18 streets on the “Best Beach” - No cars. No Catwalk. The ocean right at your door. Everything within walking distance…. And we now have homes on 2 of the them!
I hope you will come stay with us and create memories you will cherish for a lifetime. Then I will consider it a success.