Privacy and a Community Wrapped Into One at Salters Point Home
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
South Dartmouth cottage description
Waterfront seaside home with dazzling water views from every room (and every window) located in the summer community of Salters Point. Enjoy your coffee on the water side porch as the sun rises over Buzzards Bay. Watch the sunset from the front steps and benches which face the Salt Pond and Michaum Point. Play croquet on the side yard as you gaze across the uninterrupted view of the Elizabeth Islands which are only six miles across Buzzards Bay.
Salters Point is a seaside community in South Dartmouth Massachusetts surrounded by water: the Atlantic Ocean, Rhode Island Sound and Buzzards Bay. The SPIA offers its members amenities including a seven hole casual golf course, two sandy beaches, three tennis courts, a dock and pier, float, a clubhouse and organized activities for adults and children. Moorings in the harbor are available to residents and renters at Salters Point and can accommodate boats up to 40 feet in length. There's great kayaking from either beach and bicycles are everywhere so bring your own or rent one locally.
House description: fieldstone fireplaces, oversized and picture windows allow for varied magnificent water views from every window (the Elizabeth Islands which are only six miles away across Buzzards Bay, our Pier Beach and harbor, sunset views of the Salt Pond and Mishaum Point.) The second floor has a large open hallway between five bedrooms and cozy sitting room. Get away from it all in the master bedroom whether on the chez lounge, on the queen bed at either of the desks as you are surrounded by sweeping views. You decide whether you leave the windows open to be lulled to sleep by the lapping waters or close them and the shades so it stays dark and totally quiet. Each bedroom has a unique personality: (one queen bed, one full, two rooms with two twins, one with one twin) There are three full baths on the second floor and a half bath on the first. Wi-Fi can be accessed throughout the house and porches. Sleeps eight very comfortably, can accommodate nine to ten.
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 9-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Towels Provided:
- Covered Parking:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Beach combing, reading, visiting with friends, swimming, kayaking and napping are favorite activities on each of the two beautiful private beaches. Tennis lessons are offered M-F mornings to adults and children. There are weekly beach cookouts followed by a children's game night. A variety of activities are offered at the clubhouse, or 'Casino', for adults and children. The playground equipment is placed conveniently outside the Casino and is flanked by the tennis courts and golf course. Children and adults find bicycles a wonderful mode of transportation. Guest moorings are available for boats up to 40 feet in our harbor. Contact the New Bedford Yacht Club in nearby Padanaram for information about reciprocal membership. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Within the gated community of Salters Point there are two beautiful sandy beaches, two clay and one hard tennis court, a seven hole casual golf course, swimming and tennis lessons, organized children and adult activities, clubhouse, and playground equipment. Reciprocal membership to the New Bedford Yacht Club in nearby Padanaram is often appreciated by renters. The New Bedford whaling museum is world renowned. There is a wonderful library in town which provides museum passes to local spots as well as Boston and Providence. Whale watching, fishing cruises, nurseries, vineyards, breweries, ferries to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard and so much more are all available nearby....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 20 - Oct 13, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
- Utilities- amount varies: $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $1,000
- SPIA membership 22/night: $154
- Cleaning: $300
- Taxes Included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Providence, RI at 37 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: New Bedford, Ma at 11 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 6, 140, 195 at 8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: South Beach at 200 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Padanaram has multiple restaurants and bars. at 5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Whaling City Golf Course is in New Bedford at 11 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: There are multiple restaurants in Padanaram. at 5 Miles
Escape to our dazzling and charming home. Enjoy more privacy at end of the Point
Live vicariously as people take boats out of the Salters harbor- bring your own.
Fascinating historical information is in the drawer of the side table.
A picture is worth a thousand words!
From the master bedroom's queen bed there's a commanding view of Buzzards Bay.
South Beach a wonderful place for finding treasures between Salters and Mishaum.
Salters Point has two clay courts, one hard tennis court and a backboard. Tennis pro gives lessons to children and adults M-F mornings.
The harbor of the nearby village of Padanaram home of The New Bedford Yacht Club.
Moonrise over Pasque Island which is one of the Elizabeth Islands.
Watch sailboats, tugs, fishing boats and yachts as summer breezes surround you.
The living room picture windows look out over both yards and their water views.
Fishnet curtains grace the windows and painted furniture and old glass add charm
Pier Beach is a favorite place for families, boaters and swimmers.
Watch osprey, ducks, geese, plover, seagulls and a family of swans on Salt Pond.
A beautiful end to another wonderful day. Sunset over the Salt Pond.
The 'Casino' looks mighty quiet now, but in the summer it's a hub of activity.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Saturday, February 15, 2014
5 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.