Newly Renovated Waterfront Cottage on Spectacular Lake Waramaug
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Warren cottage description
Enjoy classic New England weekends and holidays in this newly renovated cottage on Lake Waramaug Gold Coast. The Lake House is nestled in the trees with water views and easy access to everything this pristine lake has to offer. Beautifully furnished with a mixture of comfortable Mitchell Gold furniture and country antiques, the house boasts two working fireplaces, a stone terrace, a private deck for dining out, a lovely lawn surrounded by landscaped plantings and stone walls and paths.
The living room has a cathedral ceiling, a panelled fireplace, large picture window with lake views, built-in storage and bookcases, a flat-screen TV, and a comfortable sofa and chairs. The open kitchen is convenient to both the indoor and outdoor dining areas. The private Master Bedroom Suite has french doors opening to the stone terrace furnished with Adirondack chairs, as well as a fireplace, dual closets and storage space, and an adjoining bathroom with a tiled shower and antique marble sink. The second bedroom is furnished with twin beds and has access to a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and rain shower head. There is also an open office/work area/ playroom, where you can set-up your laptop and other electronic devices to work, study or play. Air-conditioning is provided and the house has wide-board pine floors throughout.
The Guest House tenants have access to the waterfront and dock and the use of a new kayak and other amenities. The charming New Preston village is a short bike ride away with shops and restaurants specializing in locally grown produce. And, the newly expanded Hopkins Winery is a short walk away and a great choice for a late afternoon drink and snack!
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The lake features July 4th fireworks, annual college and prep school crew races, triathelon races, and numerous running and bike races, Within a short walk are located two public beaches, a public playground, canoe and kayak rentals, walking trails, a winery and a restaurant overlooking the lake. A short drive will lead to a public golf course, a driving range, public tennis courts, horseback riding, numerous antique shops, and excellent restaurants. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
local services and businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Lake View
sports and adventure activities
- Ice Skating
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Fly Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Off-season and year-round rental rates are available on request
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Westchester County Airport at 64 Miles
- Nearest Train: Metro North Harlem Valley Line at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 202 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Warren Beach at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: White Horse Tavern at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mohawk Mountain at 15 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Stony Brook Golf Club, Litchfield CT at 15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Oliva at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 1993
About the owner: The Lake House owners live in New York City and have enjoyed weekends and summers on Lake Waramaug for more than 20 years.
- Primary: +1 9176915121
- Secondary: +
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.