Private Cabin in the Cascades. Close to Crater Lake & Rivers.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Crater Lake cabin description
A comfortable home base to explore the Southern Oregon Cascades and nearby lakes and rivers. The cabin is in a wooded area just off Klamath Lake and is very private and quiet but close enough to take advantage of amenities like resort restaurants, golf and guided adventures.
The cabin is well equipped with linens, pots and pans, coffee maker, TV with VCR, movie library, deck with table and chairs, blow dryer and more to make it easy to pack for a relaxing visit.. There is plenty of space for a couple or family to kick back and relax with a book or watch a movie.
This is an easy starting point for visiting Crater Lake National Park, world class birding and fly fishing, hiking and mountain biking or canoeing and kayaking on the Upper Klamath Canoe Trail. Two single kayaks are available for your use along with two adult cruiser bikes.
The cabin has vaulted ceilings, a well appointed full size kitchen private bathroom with shower/tub and open living and sleeping area. A queen size bed is available, a bunk bed and a pull out couch/futon.
With close to an acre of property, there is plenty of room to park a boat or snowmobile trailer and the double driveway makes it easy to enter and exit.
Explorers and relaxers welcome!
Keywords: cabin, cottage, bungalow
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Queen size Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1), Bunk Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- tub/shower combo
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- 2 Kayaks available for use, 3 adult cruiser bikes available for use, books & board games available, play pen available for child, 2 minute drive to Klamath Lake boat launch and upper Klamath Canoe Trail, easy 45 minute drive to Ashland Shakespeare Festival, 3 resorts and restaurants within 15 minutes, Crater Lake National Park 25 minutes, easy access to Pacific Crest Trail and Mount McLoughlin trail head....moreless
- CD Player
- Video Library
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- The rocky point area is well know for its hiking trails, bird watching and paddle sport opportunities. Kayak and canoe trails are nearby and fantastic fishing or fly fishing for redband rainbow trout. Mt Mcloughlin trail head is nearby and access to the Pacific Crest Trail and the Sky Lakes Wilderness area is close. Crater Lake National Park, Lava Beds National Monument, whitewater rafting the Klamath River, kayaking the wetlands, Favell Museum, exploring the Volcanic Scenic Byway and fishing the area lakes and rivers are the must do on our list. The Shakespearean Festival in Ashland is great too!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Not Quite What We Were Expecting
Not Quite What We Were Expecting
No market within 25 miles other then snacks, it would have been helpful to know this. Only 1 restaurant nearby and it is not very good. Cabin was quite smelly upon our arrival and for the next 24 hours until it aired out or the heater dried the doggy musty smell away. Deck chairs were dirty and BBQ area was filthy, did not look as though anyone had grilled there in years. Kitchen is large but the equipment need upgrading. The upper lake area is beautiful and you would do better to find a place on the lake. No matter bring groceries unless you want to round trip it to Kalmath Falls which is more then 50 miles round-trip.
- Guest Travelhapi (Hawaii)
- Date of stay 09/16/11
- Review Submitted 09/23/11
Recommended for: Families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Oct 1 - Nov 30
2 night min stay
Dec 13 - Jan 5
2 night min stay
Discounts: 4 nights or more: $119 Nightly
|Memorial Day Weekend
May 22 - May 26
3 night min stay
Discounts: 5 nights or more: $119 Nightly
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Klamath Falls Oregon at 30 Miles
- Nearest Train: Klamath Falls at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 140West at 2.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lake of the Woods at 12 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Lake of the Woods at 12 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mt Ashland at 65 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Klamath Falls at 20 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Rocky Point at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1995
About the owner: We are a young family and we love to explore outside. We fish, hike, hunt, cave, bird, raft and kayak every chance we get. Good thing it is also our job! We guide adventure seekers all over Southern Oregon on our adventure trips with ROE Outfitters.
Why the Owner Chose Crater Lake:
We love spending time at our cabin in Rocky Point because it is so close to so many things we love to do. We can be at several favorite fishing spots within minutes, hiking out the front door. Yet when we are ready to relax with dinner and a movie the cabin is a welcome place to snuggle in on the couch.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Rocky Point is very quiet and has a secluded feel to it yet it is close enough to drive into Klamath Falls or Ashland for supplies or a first class play. There are several very good restaurants close by too in case we don't feel like cooking. The seasons are great too. Beautiful summers, amazing fall foliage and just enough snow to have fun.
- Primary: 541-884-3825
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Relax in a comfortable spot or play a board game in the living area.
Well appointed full size kitchen with plenty of storage for snacks and food.
Boat Launch at Klamath Lake. Two minutes drive from Cabin door.
Comfortable, cozy, quiet and private. Relax on your deck in the woods.
Comfortable bunk beds for families and groups.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, September 05, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.