The Sunset - the New Getaway in Pass Christian
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Pass Christian, Mississippi -- city in Harrison County, Mississippi, United States, along the Gulf of Mexico. It is part of the Gulfport–Biloxi, Mississippi Metropolitan Statistical Area. There are many attractions and activities nearby - beach, golf, five star restaurants, shopping - mall and outlet stores - sailing - water park - casinos - deep sea fishing - ferry boat rides to nearby islands - scenic drive to view mansions - Stennis Space Center - Memorial park facing gulf with picnic tables,swings and Kaboom set for children and more. Oldest yacht club in south, harbor for commercial shrimp, oyster, pleasure and sail boats.
Fully & newly furnished
3 private bedrooms (2 Queen beds, 1 full sized bed, TV & closet)
2 full baths
Full kitchen (refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, plates, glasses, silverware, toaster, pots & pans, TV, table & chairs)
Living room: Full sofa (with sofa bed)
Electronics (phone, internet, 'Da Sports' Room'- with 3 TV's)
Outside: Grill, elevator, table & chairs on front & back deck as well as ground level, 6 car driveway, fireplace, porch swing
?Washer/Dryer, A/C, iron & ironing board, linens for beds, towels/wash cloths
Formal dining room with water front views
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- The New Getaway is located in Historic Pass Christian, MS. Below you will find a few of our suggestions on things we offer and places to visit. The New Getaway Amenities Two Pools w/ Volley Ball Net Basket Ball Court Soccer Field Horse Shoes Kayaks / Canoes John Boat Kids Play Sets 12 Hole Putt-Putt Golf ?Free WiFi Wharf Behind Each Home For Fishing & Crabbing ?Walking Path Asphalt Street with safe Cul-de-sac Over Flow Parking Lot Pelican Park Bird Watching Pelicans ?Wild Duck Grey Cranes, Egrets An Occasional Eagle Rabbits, Squirrels Beautiful Sunsets Wild Canadian Geese in the winter Things To Do In & Around The New Getaway Gulf Courses The Oaks - 6.3 Miles Away The Isles - 5.6 Miles Away 14 Total On MS Gulf Coast Shopping Walmart - 4.4 Miles Away Outlet Mall - 16.4 Miles Away Retail Shopping - 16.8 Miles Farmers Market - 3.6 Miles Open Saturday 8am-Noon Restaurants nearby Our Favorites: Bacchus Food & Drink Pirates Cove Old Cuevas Bistro Trapani's Eatery Daddyz In The Pass Ricky's Bar & Grill Shaggy's Casinos Hollywood - 12.3 Miles Away Island View - 10 Miles Away ??????Beau Rivage??? ??- 22 Miles Away 12 Total On MS Gulf Coast Tennis ?Abbey Road - 2 Miles Away ?Public Courts - 2.5 Miles Away Attractions Our Favorites: Ship Island Excursions Beauvior Ohr O'Keefe Museum of Art Infinity Science Center Biloxi Schooners Gulf Island Water Park Fins & Grins Charter Fishing ? ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The home and location was just what the doctor ordered. Brought the boat for some great fishing and skiiing with the family. Mr. Warren and Ms. Lynn went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed. There was only one glitch with the internet at the house was not operational. I would highly recommend this as a vacation spot and will be back next year. I also recommend his other homes. We actually rented both the Sunset and View for the weekend and had the whole family up. The experience was much better than just getting a condo. Dan (Maintenance) was there everyday to check on the pool and facilities. He is also an excellent mechanic and had to do some work on my vehicle while we were there. He picked it up and brought it back repaired and was very reasonably priced. Thanks again Mr. Warren and Dan for all your help.
- Guest Scott and Sue
- Date of stay 07/08/11
- Review Submitted 07/23/11
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more $180 nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Please call Tanya Darrow at 228-363-3931 if you need anymore information!
- Taxes Included
NO pets, NO Smoking inside (you may smoke outside), NO atv's, motorcycles or other loud vehicles, NO firearms or fireworks, NO parking on grass, NO motorhomes, rv' or campers
If you have any questions please contact the owner.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Year Purchased: 1975
About the owner: The New Getaway ?In 1975 our family purchased a beautiful waterfront lot along a slip of Bayou Johnson. We built a summer home for our family. Within months a friend of ours asked to rent our home for their vacation. That we did. From that day, we began purchasing property for sale from our neighbors & other sources. In 1991 after our 4 children graduated from college, we built our home on the resort site. By 2005 the Getaway had 10 water front vacation homes for rent. Hurricane Katrina (2005) blew away 4 homes & left us with 6 homes to completely rebuild. By 2008 we completed the above better than before. The Getaway purchased 1 1/2 acres along Bayou Johnson & developed a park (Pelican Park Wildlife Conservatory) for our guests. In 2010 we changed the name to The New Getaway and the resort rests on 8 acres of beautiful water front property. Our staff consists of the following: Mr. Dan Parker - General Manager, Ms. Tanya Darrow - Reservation Specialist, 3 part time builders. We are very proud of our staff & resort. We thank God for our Success.
- Primary: +1 2283633931
Links to more information:
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013