Carriage House on Antique Farm Estate with Forever Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Wilton cottage description
Situated on grand 5-acre antique farm estate with rolling green lawn; peaceful, country carriage house with panoramic views and all modern amenities; wifi, cable, w/d, utilities included; 3 br/1.5 bath, turnkey furnished; 5 minute drive to New Haven train line that goes into NYC; nestled in the Norwalk River Valley, miles of hiking and snow shoeing out your back door and sledding on your front lawn; resident rooster and chickens on farm property; seasonal fishing or ice skating on Kent Pond immediately across the street. perfect for sledding and cross-country skiing on property
Keywords: private, farm, rural, turn-key, modern amenities, large covered, veranda, eat-in kitchen, wifi, w/d, utilities included, historic, cottage, carriage house, huge rolling private lawn, forever views, wood floors, 48' flat screen
- Vacation Rental
$500 nonrefundable deposit, on-leash only. No off-leash dogs allowed per Wilton law. Damages incurred above nonrefundable pet deposit will be taken from initial deposit. 1 dog per family, no cats....moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- Queen size Beds (1) Stylish Anthropoligie bedding and 4 pillows, pillow-top mattress with fluffy mattress pad, Double Beds (1) Stylish Anthropoligie bedding and 4 pillows with pillow-top mattress and fluffy mattress pad, Twin or Single Beds (1) Stylish Anthropoligie bedding and 2 pillows with fluffy mattress pad, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) brand-new jennifer convertible ultrasuede sectional sofa converts to queen bed, has never been slept on...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
eat-in kitchen, seats 6; large pantry, beautiful wood cabinetry, built-in dishwasher, ceiling fan, vaulted beamed ceiling, microwave, coffee maker, doors opening to private expansive lawn and weber kettle grill and picnic table seats 8...moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
one car garage with direct entry into carriage house and parking lot with room for 2 additional cars; garage now houses gym system, can provide fooseball or ping pong for the garage and parking area if requested at no extra charge...moreless
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- hardwood floors, eat-in kitchen, large covered veranda with panoramic views, air conditioning in bedrooms, all utilities included, basketball hoop system private road for bike riding, paddock for kite flying, enormous private lawn, farm experience, flock of homeowners chickens in barn, fresh eggs free on request, your own tire swing, miles of nature conservancy land right out your door, fishing at kent pond right across street, close to ridgefield playhouse; center of new canaan, ridgefield, pound ridge, westport, 20 minutes to long island sound beaches, 20 minutes to south norwalk downtown,bikes available to borrow. Wilton has a 4-screen movie theatre; starbucks; stop and shop and charming local village market; farm markets each wednesday, yoga studio; cvs; italian, japanese, chinese, steakhouse, mexican restaurants, several wine shops, terrific shopping; Airdyne pro recumbent bike; full set kettlebells; chin-up, dip-stand, ab-crunch system in garage....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Ping Pong Table
Deck / Patio:
large covered veranda with loveseat and oversized chair , brand new cushions this spring, PRIVATE ROLLING HUGE LAWN overlooking meadows and woods, large white picnic table seats 8 on lawn next to grill and kitchen door, views of paddock, barns, and miles of forest...moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Ice Skating
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 17 - Nov 30
5 night min stay
|winter holiday, 7 night min
Dec 20 - Dec 27, 2013
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$500 cleaning deposit with 100 nonrefundable cleaning fee, not for any damages incurred other than normal wear and tear. no smoking, if so tenant forgoes all deposit.
full payment upon lease signing; bank check only.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee: $500
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- dog only, nonrefundable: $500
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: I am a writer with a home farm consisting of 30 apple, pear, and cherry trees, fruit and vegetable gardens, and a flock of chickens and rooster named Junior. The paddock immediately across the rolling lawn is perfect for flying a kite, frisbee, football, snowshoeing, making a snowman.
Why the Owner Chose Wilton:
This is our year-round home and the cottage is far enough away from the main house to afford the renter and us our privacy. This estate farm is wonderful four seasons, which is why we chose to buy here. We use it exclusively and privately from September until June. it is not a rental unit, it is the private guest home at our antique estate and we maintain it that way for our discerning family and guests. This is the first year I will rent it during the fall and winter holidays.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Flocks of turkey, deer, fox, and all types of birds thrive in our spacious back yards. Our farm, Meadow Rock Farm, was first built in 1742 and is steeped in history.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
carriage house in background, barn in foreground. your rolling lawn is private!
front of carriage house
living space view from upstairs stairwell
kent pond across the street for fishing, canoeing, or ice skating
view from veranda to sweeping lawn, meadow, barns where the chickens live
48" flat screen tv with cable, fold-out queen sleeper sectional, eat-in kitchen
single bed, Anthropologie bedding, privacy, views, own closet
laundry off kitchen, next to half-bath
technologically backwards! can't figure out how to rotate the photo once on vrbo
view from your private veranda to your own private lawn, looking out at paddock
cottage kitchen, fully appointed
expansive private lawn
full bath with tub and shower
charming, all white half-bath on bottom floor, next to laundry room, off kitchen
stylish bedroom with forever views and flat screen tv with cable, closet
eat-in kitchen with ceiling fan, vaulted beamed ceiling
view of picnic table, kitchen door entrance, veranda entrance
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 23, 2013