Capital Hill as Close as You Can Get to Us Capital
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Capitol Hill house description
The Flat at Library Court is a rowhouse in the historic district with a completely renovated interior and all new furnishings decorated with Washington D.C. flair. You’ll enjoy expansive views of the stately Library of Congress, which is directly across the street. The house backs to Library Court, a 300 year old historic cobblestone street built in the days of horse-drawn buggies.
Why you can’t beat our location: Capitol Hill is a historic residential neighborhood that stretches from the U.S. Capitol, and Pennsylvania Ave, the main corridor, emanates from the Capitol beginning at 2nd Street. We are one block away on 3rd St – the first residential block from the Capitol. The further you get (4th Street, 5th, 6th and so on), the less desirable and less safe the areas become, and the longer your walk to the sites. This is truly as good and as close as it gets! Don’t talk yourself into staying blocks away…
• 1 Block or Less: U.S. Supreme Court, Library of Congress (across the street), Folger (Shakespeare) Theatre
• Within 2 to 3 blocks: U.S. Capitol, U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Cannon House Office Building, Capitol Mall, U.S. Botanical Garden, South Capital Metro station.
• Tour Bus: The Circulator Tour Bus picks up one block away but most of what you’ll want to see is within a short walk.
• Dining 1 Block or Less: We the Pizza; Good Stuff Eatery (President Obama’s favorite hamburger), Cosi (sandwiches, soups and salads), Starbucks, Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar, Hunan Dynasty, Hawk N Dove; Capitol Hill Liquor and Deli
• Stores 1-2 Blocks: Corner Market Grocery Store, Grubb’s Care Pharmacy, Gandel’s Liquor, Riverby Books.
The Courtyard Apartment
The Courtyard Apartment of the Flat at Library Court is a two story unit with 3 bedrooms and 3 ½ bathrooms, a private courtyard and expansive views of the stately Library of Congress. The kitchen is fully stocked and the unit has wi-fi, cable TV and central air conditioning/heat.
• Main Level: On the main level, you’ll find an expansive kitchen/great room with views of the Library of Congress. The kitchen is fully equipped and has a breakfast bar and large dining table and it opens to the living room with a sleeper sofa and flat screen TV. Behind the great room is a half bathroom, washer and drier, and a master suite with a king size bed and full bathroom, including a tub. The hallway provides access to the private courtyard for relaxation after a busy day of touring the Capitol and quiet al fresco dining; it backs to the historic cobblestone court.
• Lower Level: On the lower level, there are two bedrooms and two full bathrooms: one bedroom has a queen size bed and its own bathroom and the third bedroom has two twin beds and full bath.
DESCRIPTION OF NEIGHBORHOOD:
Capitol Hill is the largest historic residential neighborhood in Washington D.C., stretching easterly in front of the United States Capitol along wide avenues. It is one of the oldest residential communities in Washington D.C.
As a geographic feature, Capitol Hill rises near the center of the District of Columbia and extends eastward. The Capitol Hill neighborhood today straddles two quadrants of the city, Southeast and Northeast, and a large portion is now designated as the Capitol Hill historic district. The name Capitol Hill is often used to refer to both the historic district and to the larger neighborhood around it.
Capitol Hill's landmarks include not only the United States Capitol, but also the Senate and House office buildings, the Supreme Court building, the Library of Congress, the Marine Barracks, the Washington Navy Yard, and Congressional Cemetery.
The main non-residential corridor of Capitol Hill is Pennsylvania Avenue, a lively commercial street with shops, restaurants and bars. Eastern Market is an 1873 public market on 7th Street SE, where vendors sell fresh meat and produce in indoor stalls and at outdoor farmers' stands. It is also the site of an outdoor flea market every weekend
- 4 story
- 4500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Not Necessary
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
local services and businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
|August & September
Aug 1 - Sep 30
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
1/2 of Rental Rate due prior to confirmation of reservation and the balance is due 15 days prior to arrival.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Reagan at 5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Union Station at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Ocean City at 50 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Bob and Kaye Finn are the reservation and web site managers for this property. Bob is a retired District Judge from Nebraska and Kaye is retired from Nebraska Public Power District.
Why the Owner Chose Capitol Hill:
This property has been completely remodeled from top to bottom with all new plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning and new furnishings.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The location of this property is what makes it unique. It couldn't be more perfect for visitors to Washington, DC, Government personnel visiting and others wishing to experience the Nations Capital..
- Primary: +1 6232978193
- Secondary: +1 520 404-9505
Flat At Library Court
Spare bedroom with efficiency kitchen
Flat 1 TV & storage in bunk bed room.
Flat 1 bath in bunk bed room
Flat 1 chest of drawers with TV and fan.
Flat 1 Living Room
Flat 1 Kitchen
Flat 1 with King Bed, TV and Chester Drawers
Flat 2 Living Room and Bay Windows
Flat 2 Kitchen
Flat 2 Master Bedroom Bath
Flat 2 Bunk Bed Room Bath
Spare bedroom with washer/dryer and full bath.
Flat 1 bunk bed in bunk bed room
Flat 1 queen bed in bedroom 2.
Flat 1 bath in bedroom 2
Flat 1 Dining Room
Flat 1 2nd bath
Flat 1 Master BR Bath
Flat 2 Living Room
Flat 2 King Bed Master Bedroom
Flat 2 Bunk Bed Room
Flat 2 Master Bedroom 2 King Bed.