Birch Cove - Family Cottage on Pristine Rush Lake
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Atlanta cottage description
Birch Cove is a comfortable, private cottage on Rush Lake, north of Atlanta, Michigan. Rush Lake is an isolated, pristine 230 acre lake surrounded by miles of wilderness.
Wake up in the morning to the call of loons amid the silence of the North Woods.
Spend your days:
• Canoeing or Kayaking – Explore the upper basin or take a long paddle down the lower basin, a 4 mile long flooded marsh that seems to meander forever. Convenient to the Thunder Bay, Black and Pigeon rivers.
• Fishing – Rush Lake is a noted large-mouth bass and pike lake. Kids are guaranteed to catch blue gill right off the dock. The world class trout fishing of the Pigeon and Black Rivers are within 40 minute drive.
• Swimming – we have a sandy beach front with a beach area for the kids.
• Boating – Rush Lake is an all sports lake. There’s a convenient public boat launch across the lake and a private dock on our shorefront.
• Golfing - Rush Cove is located close to the best kept secret of Michigan golf, Elk Ridge. You will not find a course in the Midwest that offers a better combination of world class quality, natural beauty, and best of all convenient, reasonably priced tee times. Tree Tops, Black Lake and the Thunder Bay Resort are all within 45 minute drives from the cottage.
• Wild-life watching – Rush Lake is perfect for the bird watcher - home to loons, bald eagles, and a variety of other birds and waterfowl. Michigan’s famous Elk Herd is just across the highway.
• Hiking – We have several local paths for day hiking and The High Country Pathway, a seventy mile long loop trail through the Pigeon River Forest, passes within 1 mile of the cottage.
Spend your evenings:
• Around the campfire down by the lake or in front of the fireplace.
• Games - The cottage is fully stocked with games, dvd’s.
• No cable tv, no internet, cell phones work but just barely!
• There is a land line telephone for others to reach you if need be. Although you cannot dial out beyond the local area, you can use a phone card.
This wonderful retreat is perfect for families, or a small group of adults looking for a quiet relaxing time. The only nightlife you’ll find here is the occasional black bear wandering through the property. Rush Cove is a non-smoking property, no exceptions. Dogs are welcome and will love it!
Keywords: wildlife viewing, fishing, water sports, golf, canoeing, kayaking, pet friendly, non-smoking, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snow-shoeing, hiking, family, kid friendly, loons, eagles, elk
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Wood Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Secluded, private, well maintained
- CD Player
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain Biking
ReviewsWrite a review
birch cove get away
birch cove get away
arrangements were very easy.the facilities were clean and very welcoming.we look forward to next year thanks again
- Guest James B.
- Date of stay 10/11/13
- Review Submitted 10/17/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, pet owners.
Our first time to northern Michigan and our family had a nice time here. The cottage is a good way in the woods and consequently away from the burdens of a city. The cottage is well equipped and clean- and you may enjoy relaxing on the porch with a good book or an evening watching a favorite DVD. If you're looking for peace, quiet and quality family time enjoying nature then you will enjoy your stay here. The lake water is very clear and the night sky affords the oppourtunity for good star watching including the Milky Way.
- Guest Jason L. (Where do you live?)
- Date of stay 08/04/13
- Review Submitted 08/14/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children.
Had a fantastic week!
Had a fantastic week!
I visited here with my friends last summer. I looked it up just to see and realized there was only 1 review. I have to say for the money, this place is amazing. We stayed there with 4 adults and 3 kids (2 toddlers and one baby). There are 3 bedroom which were comfortable, and both bathrooms were very decent, actually the big tub was great. I really liked this place. It was secluded enough and private. The beach area was nice, although there were some leaches in the water, which I suppose it to be expected. The pictures really don't do it justice to be fair. Its not a huge place, but with the walkout area onto the enormous deck it feels very large. In my opinion the large deck really makes the cottage what it is, we aet all meals out there without any sort of insect issues, which was awesome! There is plenty of space for kids to play out toward the lake and the basement area is actually very large. The owners had most things stocked, kitchen was great and there are also stuff for kids to use/play with as well as tons of lifejackets, fishing rods etc ... . We did a bit of the canoe and the lake is quiet. Small blue gill can be caught by the kids right off the dock, guaranteed. Bonfire at night was perfect. No A/C but it was cool at night I would say, and I hate to sleep when its hot. We slept in the downstairs bedroom, but the master is huge. The last bedroom is good for up to 4 kids easy, I don't think you'd want to do adults however. Really I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, it is a bit tricky to get back to along the dirt road, but that is part of the experience as well.
- Guest Ryan J. (Ontario)
- Date of stay 08/13/11
- Review Submitted 01/05/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, pet owners.
cabin in "wilderness"
cabin in "wilderness"
It was a drive down dirt roads through the woods to get to the cabin, but we had good directions from the owner and had no problem finding it...it was worth the drive. Everything you need and well maintained. The tub with whirlpool jets was wonderful and relaxing. We were in the area to view elk and spend most of the daytime hours in "elk country" which was close by. It's a roomy cabin and would probably be really fun in the summer too...the beach area looked good. It is a good place for a family vacation.
- Guest Happy Hiker. (Sanford MI)
- Date of stay 09/23/11
- Review Submitted 09/30/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 - Sep 6, 2014
4 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $350
- Tax Rate 6%
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Two trundle beds, sleeps 4
Master Bedroom - queen
dock and beach area
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 09, 2014
3 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.