Birch Cove - Family Cottage on Pristine Rush Lake
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Birch Cove is a comfortable, private cottage on Rush Lake, north of Atlanta, Michigan. Rush Lake is an isolated, pristine 230 acre lake surrounded by miles of wilderness.
Wake up in the morning to the call of loons amid the silence of the North Woods.
Spend your days:
• Canoeing or Kayaking – Explore the upper basin or take a long paddle down the lower basin, a 4 mile long flooded marsh that seems to meander forever. Convenient to the Thunder Bay, Black and Pigeon rivers.
• Fishing – Rush Lake is a noted large-mouth bass and pike lake. Kids are guaranteed to catch blue gill right off the dock. The world class trout fishing of the Pigeon and Black Rivers are within 40 minute drive.
• Swimming – we have a sandy beach front with a beach area for the kids.
• Boating – Rush Lake is an all sports lake. There’s a convenient public boat launch across the lake and a private dock on our shorefront.
• Golfing - Rush Cove is located close to the best kept secret of Michigan golf, Elk Ridge. You will not find a course in the Midwest that offers a better combination of world class quality, natural beauty, and best of all convenient, reasonably priced tee times. Tree Tops, Black Lake and the Thunder Bay Resort are all within 45 minute drives from the cottage.
• Wild-life watching – Rush Lake is perfect for the bird watcher - home to loons, bald eagles, and a variety of other birds and waterfowl. Michigan’s famous Elk Herd is just across the highway.
• Hiking – We have several local paths for day hiking and The High Country Pathway, a seventy mile long loop trail through the Pigeon River Forest, passes within 1 mile of the cottage.
Spend your evenings:
• Around the campfire down by the lake or in front of the fireplace.
• Games - The cottage is fully stocked with games, dvd’s.
• No cable tv, no internet, cell phones work but just barely!
• There is a land line telephone for others to reach you if need be. Although you cannot dial out beyond the local area, you can use a phone card.
This wonderful retreat is perfect for families, or a small group of adults looking for a quiet relaxing time. The only nightlife you’ll find here is the occasional black bear wandering through the property. Rush Cove is a non-smoking property, no exceptions. Dogs are welcome and will love it!
Keywords: wildlife viewing, fishing, water sports, golf, canoeing, kayaking, pet friendly, non-smoking, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snow-shoeing, hiking, family, kid friendly, loons, eagles, elk
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- 1.0 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Wood Fireplace
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Secluded, private, well maintained
- CD Player
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Wildlife Viewing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
ReviewsWrite a review
Had a fantastic week!
Had a fantastic week!
I visited here with my friends last summer. I looked it up just to see and realized there was only 1 review. I have to say for the money, this place is amazing. We stayed there with 4 adults and 3 kids (2 toddlers and one baby). There are 3 bedroom which were comfortable, and both bathrooms were very decent, actually the big tub was great. I really liked this place. It was secluded enough and private. The beach area was nice, although there were some leaches in the water, which I suppose it to be expected. The pictures really don't do it justice to be fair. Its not a huge place, but with the walkout area onto the enormous deck it feels very large. In my opinion the large deck really makes the cottage what it is, we aet all meals out there without any sort of insect issues, which was awesome! There is plenty of space for kids to play out toward the lake and the basement area is actually very large. The owners had most things stocked, kitchen was great and there are also stuff for kids to use/play with as well as tons of lifejackets, fishing rods etc ... . We did a bit of the canoe and the lake is quiet. Small blue gill can be caught by the kids right off the dock, guaranteed. Bonfire at night was perfect. No A/C but it was cool at night I would say, and I hate to sleep when its hot. We slept in the downstairs bedroom, but the master is huge. The last bedroom is good for up to 4 kids easy, I don't think you'd want to do adults however. Really I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, it is a bit tricky to get back to along the dirt road, but that is part of the experience as well.
- Guest Ryan J.
- Date of stay 08/13/11
- Review Submitted 01/05/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, pet owners.
cabin in "wilderness"
cabin in "wilderness"
It was a drive down dirt roads through the woods to get to the cabin, but we had good directions from the owner and had no problem finding it...it was worth the drive. Everything you need and well maintained. The tub with whirlpool jets was wonderful and relaxing. We were in the area to view elk and spend most of the daytime hours in "elk country" which was close by. It's a roomy cabin and would probably be really fun in the summer too...the beach area looked good. It is a good place for a family vacation.
- Guest Adele S.
- Date of stay 09/23/11
- Review Submitted 09/30/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
2013 High Season (Memorial Day through Labor Day) $150.00/night, 4 night minimum: $600 6 nights $900 - additional nights: $100 per night $350 refundable security/damage deposit. 6% Michigan Sales Tax July 4 and Labor Day weeks - request quote 2013 Fall Rates (through Thanksgiving) $150.00/night, 3 night minimum: $450
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
Two trundle beds, sleeps 4
Master Bedroom - queen
dock and beach area
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 10, 2013