Quadra Island Waterfront--Newly Ren. 4 Bdr, Lrg Deck & Dock
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Quadra Island lodge description
Gorgeous, waterfront vacation rental with spectacular views of Gowlland Harbour and shared private dock. Perfect for nature lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, boaters or anyone who just wants to kick back and relax by the water!
The 'Arbutus Lodge' features 4 bedrooms -- each with its own private ensuite bathroom -- including a larger top-floor room with its own small balcony with a view of the water.
A fully-equipped kitchen, large oak dining table, and cozy living room with a wood-burning stone fireplace and water and harbour views make this rental a luxurious treat! A full laundry room and entry mud room make this a practical rental, too.
A large outdoor deck with patio furniture and gas BBQ is perfect for relaxing and enjoying the spectacular views!
Also included, is a shared private dock with moorage for watercraft up to 24 feet and a professional putting green.
For more photos of this property, see GowllandHarbour dot com (note: there are two 'l's in 'Gowlland'). We also have a second lodge available on the property -- perfect for family reunions or larger groups! [Please note: VRBO rentals include lodge rental, as well as use of dock, waterfront access and professional putting green only. The Resort Main Lodge facilities are NOT included with VRBO rentals. ]
Keywords: Vancouver Island, Quadra Island, Hollyhock, Cortes Island, waterfront, ocean view, cabin, lodge, family, group, large groups, corporate get-away, fishing, golf putting green, kayaking, whale watching, dock, boat moorage, Discovery Islands, west coast of BC, protected harbour, cove, fly in, private, self-contained, acreage, large groups, fireplace, laundry facilities, pottery, arts & culture
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 2-8
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
There is room for parking a boat trailer. We offer complimentary moorage for watercraft up to 24', however, do NOT have a boat launch. The closest launch is in either Quathiaski Cove or Heriot Bay....moreless
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Fireplace
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Each room incl. private ensuite bathrooms, beds can be set up as one king or two twins in each room, one large 'suite' room with a private balcony, dining room with oak table that seats 8, beautiful woodburning stone fireplace, large entry mudroom great for organizing family gear, spacious outdoor deck with patio furniture and spectacular water view. Free moorage for watercraft up to 24', however, we do NOT have a boat launch. The closest public-access launch is in either Quathiaski Cove or Heriot Bay. Family Reunions & Larger Groups: We also have a second lodge available on the property that accommodates the same number of people -- perfect if you're planning a family reunion or larger group retreat. It has the same amenities as the Arbutus Lodge but has not been updated and has a partial water view. We can also host private corporate retreats in our Main Lodge. Please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you'd like more information....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
Pool & Spa
The outdoor hot tub is located steps away in a separate building--our Main Lodge B&B. For adult use only. Note: the hot tub is not part of the Arbutus House, so we do not guarantee it's availability....moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Professional putting green located on the property. Shared private dock includes moorage for watercraft up to 24 feet. Excellent swimming and beachcombing only 10 minutes away at the popular Rebecca Spit Marine Provincial Park. Pottery lovers will love the island potters and studios! Lots of great restaurants only a few minutes drive, including the Lovin' Oven (great pizza and baked goods), Cafe Aroma for yummy lattes and Niko's Sushi Bar & Grill for fresh sushi (make sure to take home some of their homemade dipping sauce!). Looking for events happening on Quadra and Vancouver Island? Be sure to visit HarbourLiving.ca for 100's of events happening....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Best fishing trip I've ever been on!Guest comment entered by manager
Best fishing trip I've ever been on!
The location and beauty of this place is exceptional. The fishing boat charter we hired was fantastic! If you’re looking for GREAT fishing and beautiful scenery, you won’t find a better resort than this. I can’t wait to plan our next trip back!
- Guest Lynn Z. (Phoenix, AZ)
- Date of stay 06/08/11
- Review Submitted 08/03/11
Offers the best of everything!Guest comment entered by manager
Offers the best of everything!
It's easy to get to and once you're there, you may never want to leave! Everything about it was absolutely fantastic for an outdoor adventure without having to rough it. Beautiful accommodations. It was my first trip to Canada for salmon fishing and it definitely won't be my last! Our next trip to Canada will be back to the Gowlland Harbor Resort. Thanks so much!
- Guest Kane K, Atlanta, GA
- Date of stay 06/01/11
- Review Submitted 08/03/11
Guest comment entered by manager
Our experience at Gowlland Harbour Resort was wonderful from start to finish. The beauty of the location is simply unparalleled and the water adventure activities were loads of fun. The accommodations and property were fantastic, the cook prepared yummy meals and the staff went the extra mile to make our stay an unforgettable one. Gowlland Harbour Resort is a world class destination. Thank you for an incredible holiday!
- Guest Kelly (White Rock, BC)
- Date of stay 06/11/10
- Review Submitted 06/16/11
Guest comment entered by manager
We had a fabulous time at the Arbutus Lodge at Gowlland Harbour. The oceanfront setting was amazing and the lodge had everything you could ask for. We had two families stay in the lodge together for a weekend getaway and it was the perfect spot to accomodate all of us. The grounds were wonderfully kept and it was a great place to explore. Great spot to relax. We would definitely come here again! Thank you!
- Guest Jill (North Van, BC)
- Date of stay 04/09/10
- Review Submitted 06/13/11
Peak Season (June 16-Sept 14 & Dec 1-Jan 1): $495/night CDN (+ 12% tax) Shoulder Season (May 15-June 15 & Sept 15-Nov 30): $455/night + tax Winter Season (Jan 2-May 14): $415/night + tax Mininum 2 night rental | Max. 8 guests | 4 Rooms w Ensuite Bathroom 50% deposit required to secure booking | Damage Deposit: $1,000 CAD Visa, Mastercard, Debit and cash accepted. (Cheques not accepted.) Check-in: 3 pm. Check-out: 11 am. Reunion or corportate retreat? Ask about our other lodge rentals for large groups.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Campbell River Airport at 23 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: BC Ferries, Quathiaski Cove, Quadra Island, BC at 8 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 19, Inland Island Highway, Campbell River, BC at 15 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Gowlland Harbour Resort Lounge & Dining Room at 10 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Mount Washington Ski Resort, Courtenay, BC at 71 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Quadra Island Golf Course at 8 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Gowlland Harbour Resort Lounge & Dining Room at 10 Metres
Year Purchased: 2003
About: Our family has been vacationing on Quadra Island for over 50 years! It's just a peaceful, beautiful, natural west coast location that can't be beat.
Why Quadra Island:
We fell in love with the location and privacy of this acreage waterfront property with it's own small cove. We think it's magical and everyone who visits agrees!
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
A number of years ago we had a horticulturist create walking paths on the property so we could enjoy walking among the huge ferns and trees. (Note: some of the paths to the water are quite steep.) Another unique benefit, is that we have a local kayak adventure company, Wildcoast Adventures Ltd., which offers kayak and paddle board day tours right from our dock, as well as longer 'Orca Camp' tours to the Robson Bight Ecological Reserve where paddlers get up close with orca whales in their natural habitat!
- Primary: +1 250-285-3572 Please call between 9 am & 9 pm PST
Links to more information:
View of Gowlland Harbour & shared private dock (boat moorage up to 24' incl.)
Living room with stone fireplace and water and harbour views.
Fully-equipped open kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, etc.
Each room has a private ensuite bathroom with glass walk-in showers.
Our own private cove perfect for kayaking and watching wildlife!
Our rentals are inspected and approved by Tourism British Columbia.
View from the Arbutus Lodge deck of Gowlland Harbour.
Dining room with large oak table that seats 8. Great for entertaining!
Larger bdrm w/ view & private balcony. Each room can be 1 king OR 2 twins.
Outside of lodge showing partial wrap-around deck, view and parking
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, September 10, 2013
4 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Please call between 9 am & 9 pm PST
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.