Smokey Mountains Cabin Hot Tub, Wi-Fi, Gas Logs, Hiking Trail
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Bat Cave cabin description
Absolutely beautiful cabin in the pristine Smoky mountains of North Carolina 20 minutes from Asheville in the neat little town of Bat Cave. This cabin is the reason you came to the mountains! High elevation for cool nights, gorgeous country, winding roads, rushing rivers, trout fishing...pure paradise.
Cabin is fully remodeled with 2 bedrooms/ 1 bath, new queen size posturepedic beds, full kitchen, microwave, pots, pans, linens. Washer/dryer, cable TV's, internet, video library, Nintendo 64, board games, and book library. A/C, heat, gas fireplace, flat screen TV and much more to make your stay a pleasurable one.
Outside enjoy the large covered front porches with jacuzzi, rocking chairs, old time porch swing and gas grill. Hike the many trails on the 5 acres, toast marshmallows on the open fire pit, or enjoy with a game of horseshoes with the family. We are pet friendly and we have ample room to accommodate your boat.
Conveniently located minutes from Chimney Rock State Park, Lake Lure, Black Mountain, Asheville and Hendersonville. Don't forget to visit the landmark cider mill just minutes away and shop the quaint stores in downtown Chimney Rock.
Ingles superstore w/ 36 gas pumps.......7 miles
Biltmore Estate...................................24 miles
Lake Lure..........................................5 miles
Chimney Rock State Park....................4 miles
Keywords: Near Asheville NC, Black Mountain NC, Lake Lure NC, Chimney Rock State Park Mountain Cabin, Peace and quiet, Nature Trails, Mountain Views, Wildlife,
- Vacation Rental
- Limited Accessibility
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Queen size Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Parking Off Street
- Gas Fireplace
- CD Player
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Fly Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Hunting Big Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Massage Therapist
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Attractions and Activities in and Around the Lake Lure Area Lake Lure: Enjoy a Boat Tour of the lake in a spacious covered boat, or enjoy a Dinner Cruise. Bring the kids to the Lake Lure Water Park and Fun Center, Check out the beach and Golfing at Rumbling Bald Resort, and Golf at the Lake Lure Municipal Golf Course. Visit the Refurbished Lake Lure Inn and Spa for a look at an historic building, great meal and massage. Shop and hike and much more in Lake Lure! Chimney Rock: Take a hike at Chimney Rock State Park and see the most spectacular views of Lake Lure, and beyond! Dine and shop while walking along a beautiful mountain river, and feel as if you have walked back in time. Enjoy a scenic drive from Lake Lure heading north on 74A west toward Asheville. You will go through little towns like Bat Cave, Gerton and Fairview. Along the way you will find gorgeous mountain views, while driving along switch-backs, farmland and valleys. Stop at small, quaint shops along the way. Asheville: In Asheville you can visit downtown and find eclectic shops, a great variety of fine dining, and all kinds of parks and activity. Ride the Asheville Historic Trolley for a tour of the downtown, or visit the Art Museum on Pack Square. You can watch their very own Asheville Tourists Baseball Team play, or visit the North Carolina Arboretum on the west side of the city. Take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and visit the Folk Art Museum where you will find Art by artists of the Carolinas. Asheville is famous for the Biltmore House, and The Famers Market, the largest for miles and open year round. Hendersonville: Historic Downtown Hendersonville has been completely revitalized over the last 10 years and has become a great place. With beautifully restored historic buildings, unique shopping and dining, it is a great experience. While in the area there are two theaters for shows, Little Theater and the Flat Rock Playhouse. Visit the Carl Sandburg Home and walk the park trails around it. So stay in Lake lure for your vacation, or venture out for day trips in any direction, for whatever your heart desires. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Ladies' Weekend Done Right
Ladies' Weekend Done Right
Cute and comfy little cabin back in the woods. We were pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of the cabin. It looked exactly like the pictures. A nice relaxing vacation definitely. Close enough to attractions (Chimney Rock & Lake Lure are both just down the road) but far enough away for some peace and quiet. Hottub and firepit on the property provided for fun in home activities but we also drove out to downtown Hendersonville (about a 20 minute drive) and some local shops on the way. Definitely make it a point to visit some of the nearby apple orchards! All in all it was a relaxing and yet adventurous getaway for all. Definitely would recommend.
- Guest GummyGator (Georgia)
- Date of stay 08/16/13
- Review Submitted 08/21/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Manager response: Thanks for the review! We hope you come back soon and we are glad you had a good time. Scott
This Is The Place
This Is The Place
We really enjoyed our stay here at Grandma's Cabin. It is centrally located (within 30-45 mins) to all the places you want to visit while here including Asheville, Hendersonville, Flat Rock, Lake Lure, Black Mountain and Chimney Rock is right down the street with wonderful hiking trails. The cabin is quiet and secluded and equiped with everything you need from cooking to linens. If you forget something at home, I am sure they will have it here waiting for you! The roadside vegetable stands are fabulous for local fare. We made fantastic dinners from all the fresh local produce. The apple orchards are certainly a sight to see and the Old Cider Mill is a great place with yummy home made, no sugar added cider. It was the best we ever tasted. We didn't see deer but, we did see about 20 wild turkeys each evening while enjoying the serenity on the front porch rockers and roasting marshmallows in the outside fire pit. I appreciate that dogs are welcome. Franklin, who we rescued 7 years ago while vacationing in Franklin North Carolina, loved being able to run and explore the grounds freely. The whole process with booking the cabin and the directions to the cabin were super easy and Scott, the broker was very quick to respond to all our needs. I have recommended Grandma's Cabin to several friends. It is clean, quiet, comfortable and very homey. We are looking forward to returning next year and enjoying another stay here. Thank you again for allowing us to stay in your home.
- Guest Dawn and Fred (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Date of stay 10/21/12
- Review Submitted 12/08/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, pet owners, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Manager response: Hey Guys, We are glad you had a good time and we hope you and your friends come back! Scott
Good time at the cabin!
Good time at the cabin!
As soon as I walked through the door I felt right at home. This cabin was exactly what I was looking for: clean and cozy with a great location. Not too far away from town, but far enough for a "in the woods" vacation. The cabin was well kept, the perfect size, and had many perks (the appliances and jacuzzi being my favorite). All in all, staying at the cabin has provided me with the ultimate vacation experience. My family and I will definately be returning for another visit in the near future.
- Guest happy_camper (Sebring, FL)
- Date of stay 03/10/12
- Review Submitted 03/17/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing, girls getaway.
Manager response: Thanks for staying with us. Hope you come back real soon.
**************************PLEASE CALL FOR HOLIDAY PRICES!!************************ -----------------2 Night (min) Extra Night Weekly Monthly 1-2 People $198.00 $90.00 $710.00 $2130.00 3-8 People $240.00 $115.00 $810.00 $2230.00 Tax 11.75% 11.75% 11.75% 11.75% Security Deposit $125.00 $125.00 $125.00 $125.00 Security Deposit will be returned if no damage is done to cabin. Cleaning Fee-$80.00 Reservation fee-$30.00 Pet Fee $50.00 per pet
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
Why Bat Cave:
I love the area and the people of the Hickory Nut Gorge.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
This home is what I think of when I think of Western North Carolina, tuck back in the mountains and just peace and quiet. Plenty of wildlife and nature it's fullest. JT
- Primary: (828) 674-0901 (North Carolina, USA)
- Secondary: (828) 685-8715 (North Carolina, USA)
- Fax: +1 8774690499
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Gas Log Unit
Near by Fruit Stand
The Hickory Nut Gorge
Near By Rocky Broad River Public Access
Fruit Stand With many things for kids to do! September thru October
Beautiful lake Lure Less than 10 miles
Waterfall throughout Western North Carolina (see waterfall tours in Brevard)
Chimney Rock Less than 5 Miles
Hendersonville Downtown 25 minutes Great Shopping and Dinning
Horse Back Riding near by.
Wildlife enjoys the 5 acres also
Local Historic Baptist Church
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, August 02, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.