Huge Views of Shadow Mountain Lake & Continental Mountain Range
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Grand Lake house description
Enjoy the stunning, panoramic lake and Continental Divide Mountain Range views from this 1/2 acre site with plenty of level ground for easy parking and playing. The beautiful cabin is just a three minute drive from the quaint town of Grand Lake. Less than one mile from a wilderness beach area and 2.5 blocks walking distance (~1/4 mile) to the Trail Ridge Marina on Beautiful Shadow Mountain Lake.
With four bedrooms (three bedrooms on the main floor), 2 1/2 baths, a downstairs Den area with its own Satellite TV/radio (total of 3 separate Satellite TV/radios in the house), two (2) gas fireplaces, and two and a half baths all with tile floors... this cabin has all the comforts of home and includes everything you need in the kitchen too.
The warm and sunny living room seats 7 (seven), with a double reclining love seat...put your feet up and relax...you are here!
Fantastic for family reunions and entertaining.
Relax on the sunny living room or on the 452 square foot wrap around upper deck after a day boating, watching wildlife in Rocky Mountain National Park, skiing Winter Park or shopping in Grand Lake.
Great area for motorcycles, four wheelers and snowmobiles. Access to town and trails with snow mobiles. Plenty of off street parking at the house in the winter and summer for ALL the toys.
This cabin is tastefully furnished with hardwood floors and cabin accessories. Very nice sunny living room and kitchen... fully furnished, two natural gas fireplaces to keep you cozy (just turn them on with the switch on the wall)...FULL kitchen equiped for large groups, VERY nice, Gas 'Weber Genesis series' (with side burner for spagetti, soups, etc.) BBQ grill...( propane provided)...., complete high capacity laundry room (soap included), high speed wireless internet and free telephone calls within the Continental USA and Canada.
We continue to remodel and update the features each year.
It is easy to find and access all year (only two blocks from paved Highway 34) with plenty of off road parking (ten plus vehicles) for all the cars, trucks and toys. No smoking inside please...ashtrays are outside on the deck and below.
Well behaved dogs welcome!
Feel secure with your own private combination to the front door lock (no keys)...so your entire group can easily get into the house!
Take a look at our previous guest's comments on this web site.
We love it up here and think you will too!
Have a GRAND time!
Call me with ANY questions.
Check out our facebook page for LOTS more photos!
Let me know if you have ANY questions!
At the western edge of Rocky Mountain National Park sits the historic town of Grand Lake, Colorado. It is a town where one steps back into time, where the store owners proudly manage their businesses, and greet visitors every day from their western boardwalk storefronts. It is home to fabulous dining, overseen by local restaurateurs, and designed to give visitors the optimal dining experience. Grand Lake is a town that buzzes to life at night; live music resonates from local lodges and saloons beckoning patrons inside for premiere entertainment. It is a place that houses the Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre, and frequent festivals and parades.
Grand Lake, Colorado is steeped in rich western history, which is embodied in our daily culture. One may find horses parked outside local establishments alongside cars. Once home to the Ute Indian Tribe, the spirit of the west is alive in Grand Lake, long after the tribe dispersed. The former County seat, Grand Lake lost the title in a wild west shoot-out. There are historic walking tours, museums, and other opportunities to immerse yourself in the way of the west during your visit to Grand Lake.
It is where nature grabs your soul, and visitors understand the feeling of being able to really breathe again here. Its namesake, Grand Lake, is the deepest natural lake in Colorado, dipping to 265 feet. Fed by high mountain runoff, the lake is clear and pristine. Home to the Colorado River Headwaters, streams and rivers snake through the area, inviting you to fish and hike along their waters. In the spring watch the wildlife emerge from Rocky Mountain National Park, cow moose and their young calves toddle across our local streets. In the summer months visitors can explore the lake by boat, kayak, and even paddle boards. Horseback riding, ATVs, and cycling opportunities are as plentiful in the area as the trout are in our waters. Golf, hot air balloon, and live your dreams here.
Winter also invites visitors to play in Grand Lake’s winter wonderland. Grand Lake is the “Snowmobile Capital of Colorado,” with over 125 miles of groomed trails. Cross Country ski, ice fish, create a snowman, and watch snowflakes peacefully fall to the ground and build upon gathering snow. A thriving creative community is alive in Grand Lake; local artists and galleries are must-sees! Grand Lake invites you to our home, full of year round stunning natural beauty, and the opportunity to actualize what you only dreamed existed. Welcome to Grand Lake, Colorado.
Keywords: House, vacation property, vacation rental, cabin, family reunion.
- 2200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
There are (6) Six steps to get into the main floor of the house (stainless steel grab bars on both sides of the railing outside steps leading into the house)....once inside the upstairs is a ranch with access to the 450 square foot wrap around patio - 1/2 sunny and 1/2 shade (covered) patios without any additional stairs. Three bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, kitchen and living room on the main floor. The downstairs potion of the house includes a 4th bedroom, Den/Living room, 2 futons, and 1/2 bathroom (toilet and sink). The house is NOT wheelchair accessible from the outside....6 steps to get into the house from the level ground parking by the front door. Once inside the 6 steps, you have access to most of the house without additional steps. My mother uses a walker and wheelchair and she loves the property. Entrance in the house through the laundry room doorway and entrance into the bathroom doorways allows 25 inches access....too narrow for most wheelchairs (if wheelchair bound)....moreless
Seperate downstairs Den area with satellite TV/radio, foutons, gas fireplace and views of the lake and mountains. Lots of books and magazines and some games. Horseshoe pits on property. Some outdoor toys and balls provided in large bench box under the deck. Plenty of room for frisbee golf...kickball, Small kids snow sled (or two...) provided in winter . Most of the property is level ground....great for playing catch, frisbee, tag, hide and seek, etc. Kids love the outdoors! Oh yeah, lots of extra plugs in each room to charge up all the electronic gadgets. Three satellite TVs with their own control box so you can watch 3 different programs. You can see (and walk to ) the lake 2 blocks away. Mountain bike, hike, snow shoe, cross counrty ski, ATV and snowmobile right from the house....moreless
Well behaved dogs are welcomed (...sorry NO cats). Dogs LOVE laying on the sunny deck....then walk over and cool down on the shaded, covered side of the deck... dog bliss. Additional $100 REFUNDABLE damage deposit and additional dog fee. We NO longer have the dog cage/kennel at the house....sorry for any inconvenience. The laundry room is a good place to keep dogs when you are gone if needed. ...moreless
Non Smoking Only:
Ashtrays are located outside. Please use the ashtrays provided so the butts are collected. DON'T smoke in the house. Smoking inside will result in loss of the 'refundable' damage deposit...therefore...it is MUCH cheaper to smoke outside....moreless
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, Beds for 13
- Sleeps 13 in beds and futons. Main Floor - (3 bedrooms) King size bed (1) Master bedroom. Double sink, walk in closet & additional large closet. Two hair dryers. Nice views of Shadow Mountain Lake; Every room has extra plugs to charge your electonics. Alarm clock in each room. Various lighting options in each bedroom also. All bathrooms (2 1/2) have tiled floors. Two full bathrooms upstairs. Plenty of extra pillows & blankets., Queen size Beds (2) Upstairs bedroom & downstairs bedroom. Both rooms have views of the lake and mountains. Double Beds (1) Upstairs bedroom, double (full) below and single above (bunk). Lower bunk is double size. This room can sleep three. Downstairs - 4th Bedroom (Queen) - Sleep Sofa or Futons (2) One new queen futon and one new full sized futon in the 'den' room downstairs with gas fireplace and satillite TV with 1/2 bathroom downstairs. GREAT VIEWS!...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- 2.5 bathrooms total, with 2 full bathrooms upstairs and 1/2 bathroom in downstairs den area. Nice linens provided. Hair dryers provided. Bar soap and two rolls of toilet paper per bathroom provided to get you started. Fifty (50) gallon water heater to give you extra hot water for the showers...(25% more hot water than a 40 gallon tank)......moreless
Kitchen & Dining
Two crock pots, very nice Gas Weber 'Genesis model' BBQ grill with 3 burner controls and side burner for pots of spagetti, soups, etc., lots of pots and pans, baking trays, electric fondue set, nice blender, two coffee pots, tea kettle, 4 slice toaster, plenty of cutting boards, a variety of nice knives, electric can opener, electric rice/ vegetable steamer/cooker, teapot, 4 'TV' tray tables, most common spices, sugar, creamer, teas...etc. Kitchen table can seat up to 10 with table extensions and additional folding chairs. Three stools at the 'breakfast bar' area. Several (6-8) comfortable fold out chairs also. Enough dishes/ silverware for settings of 18...so you can load the dish washer and still have clean dishes for the next meal! Variety of 'Bar tools' and seperate bar - food prep cart....moreless
Several cutting boards, blender, pots & pans, cookie sheets, carving knives, bowls, coffee mugs, large variety glasses, silverware, BBQ utensils, large variety of serving utensils/bowls, & bar tools....moreless
Attached to the main room. Seating for 6 people with additional seating for up to 10 with table extensions under master bed, 3 bar stools & 3 'TV' trays. Picnic table on deck off kitchen/living room...moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Catering Available:
- Pantry Items:
Living Room seats 7:
Plenty of sun and excellent views of Shadow Mountain Lake and the mountains. Gas fireplace in the corner, ceiling fan, satellite TV. Reclining love seat. Views of the pelicans on Shadow Mountain Lake...moreless
- Gas Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Towels Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Feel secure with your own private combination to front door lock (no keys). 3 Satellite TVs/Radios, 2 DVD players, 2 gas fireplaces, Surround Sound system, All Cooking Utensils, 2 Crock Pots, Fondue Set, two coffee makers, Electric can opener, Toaster, Blender, Linens, one 'plastic/basic' Child Booster seat, two removable doorway 'fences' for blocking stairs or a room off for kids or dogs, portable fans, books, magazines, nice card table, nice extra fold up chairs, 4 TV tray tables, two outdoor dog ties, some toys, cards & games. Great lighting inside and outside. Low voltage Garden lights (~21) attached to the house and deck, three auto sensor lights, 3 optional spotlights on the front patio and above the the gas grill, and hallogen spotlights in the parking area. Plenty of outdoor lighting options. Inside complete lighting options... anything from plenty of windows, a skylight and dimmer switchs, 'mood' lighting, etc. Very comfortable for book readers and entertaining alike! ENJOY!...moreless
Satellite / Cable:
(3) Three TVs with 3 satellite boxes so you can watch different shows (or satellite music) same time. A portable 'boom box' radio is also supplied. Living room seats 8 with three reclining seats (a reclining love seat and reclining swivel chair...put your feet up and relax! Outstanding views of the Shadow Mountain lake and surronding mountains. Warm and sunny....moreless
A few. Usually some soccer balls, footballs, frisbees, etc. outside in the toy bin below the patio. Items rotate and are varied. I try to stock it up with a few things all the time. Horseshoes outside...moreless
Some board games and puzzels. Cards and poker chips. Dice. Horseshoes outside. Large storage bin under deck has a variety of balls, frisbees, etc. Frisbee golf is always an easy game to set up....moreless
Video and DVD rentals in town. Free DVD's available at the Grand Lake Library to Colorado residents that have a Colorado Library card. Lots of DVD movie rentals in town at the bowling alley....moreless
- DVD Player:
(4) One telephone attached to the wall and 3 cordless with built in answering machine to help you keep in touch with your whole group. Unlimited local and long distance calls in the Continental USA and Canada. Has 'call waiting' and 'caller ID' features. Most cell phones will work in the Grand Lake area. Wireless for 'Skype' options also....moreless
- Wireless Internet:
- Broadband Access:
- Free Long Distance:
- Deck / Patio:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Porch / Veranda:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Garden Chairs:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Wood Deck
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
Fantastic views of Shadow Mountain Lake and surrounding Contiental Divide mountains from inside the house, deck and property. In the summer you can see the American White Pelicans and Canadian Geese (on the lake about 1/2 mile away) from the balcony. Wildlife is all around and on the property, including: Lots of Hummingbirds, Bluebirds, Hawks, Moose, Deer, Elk, Fox, Coyote, and the rare, occassional bear. Two blocks walking distance (1/4 mile) from Trail Ridge Marina on Shadow Mountain Lake and to an area of lake front by the white pelicans on the lake....moreless
Great views of Shadow Mountain Lake and surrounding Contiental divide mountains from inside the house, deck and property. In the summer you can see the American White Pelicans and Canadian Geese (on the lake about 1/2 mile away) from the balcony. Wildlife is all around and on the property, including: Lots of Hummingbirds, Bluebirds, Hawks, Moose, Deer, Elk, Fox, Coyote, and the rare, occassional bear. Two blocks walking distance (1/4 mile) from Trail Ridge Marina on Shadow Mountain Lake and to an area of lake front by the white pelicans on the lake....moreless
Able to cross country ski - snow shoe, from the property and snow mobile directly from the property (depending on the snow of course). ATV's all around on these dirt/snow covered roads all year too....moreless
- Mountain View:
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Massage Therapist
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Basketball Court
- Coin Laundry
- Autumn Foliage
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- At the western edge of Rocky Mountain National Park sits the historic town of Grand Lake, Colorado. It is a town where one steps back into time, where the store owners proudly manage their businesses, and greet visitors every day from their western boardwalk storefronts. It is home to fabulous dining, overseen by local restaurateurs, and designed to give visitors the optimal dining experience. Grand Lake is a town that buzzes to life at night; live music resonates from local lodges and saloons beckoning patrons inside for premiere entertainment. It is a place that houses the Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre, and frequent festivals and parades. Grand Lake, Colorado is steeped in rich western history, which is embodied in our daily culture. One may find horses parked outside local establishments alongside cars. Once home to the Ute Indian Tribe, the spirit of the west is alive in Grand Lake, long after the tribe dispersed. The former County seat, Grand Lake lost the title in a wild west shoot-out. There are historic walking tours, museums, and other opportunities to immerse yourself in the way of the west during your visit to Grand Lake. It is where nature grabs your soul, and visitors understand the feeling of being able to really breathe again here. Its namesake, Grand Lake, is the deepest natural lake in Colorado, dipping to 265 feet. Fed by high mountain runoff, the lake is clear and pristine. Home to the Colorado River Headwaters, streams and rivers snake through the area, inviting you to fish and hike along their waters. In the spring watch the wildlife emerge from Rocky Mountain National Park, cow moose and their young calves toddle across our local streets. In the summer months visitors can explore the lake by boat, kayak, and even paddle boards. Horseback riding, ATVs, and cycling opportunities are as plentiful in the area as the trout are in our waters. Golf, hot air balloon, and live your dreams here. Winter also invites visitors to play in Grand Lake’s winter wonderland. Grand Lake is the “Snowmobile Capital of Colorado,” with over 125 miles of groomed trails. Cross Country ski, ice fish, create a snowman, and watch snowflakes peacefully fall to the ground and build upon gathering snow. A thriving creative community is alive in Grand Lake; local artists and galleries are must-sees! Grand Lake invites you to our home, full of year round stunning natural beauty, and the opportunity to actualize what you only dreamed existed. Welcome to Grand Lake, Colorado. Star-gazing (Lots of stars in the night sky!), ATV rentals, Snow shoeing, Ice fishing, Fly Fishing, Sleigh rides, Dogsledding, Bowling, Go cart rentals, 'Bumper' boats, Kayak rentals, Boat tours, Boat rentals on Shadow Mountain Lake at Trail Ridge Marina (~1/4 mile) www.trailridgemarina.com, Hot Sulpher Springs (30 minute drive), Grand Lake Library (very nice), Massage Therapy available in Grand Lake (2 miles) and surrounding towns, Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre (live, professional theatre) www.rockymountainrep.com for schedule information, Town of Grand Lake www.grandlakechamber.com. Granby Ranch ( formally Sol Vista Ski Resort) - great for beginners and families... outside Town of Granby (18 minutes), Town of Winter Park and ski resort www.winterpark.com (35-40 minutes). Summer concerts and festivals! Ride your ATV or Snow mobile right from the property. Grand Lake is the home to LOTS of great LIVE music every weekend. A Beautiful quaint town, with a relaxed atmosphere and great people... on the edge of heaven....can't be beat!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property rental far exceeded my expectations. The photos online were accurate, the property was spotlessly clean and well maintained, and the location is just a few minutes away from the Grand Lake downtown area. I would absolutely recommend this property to a relative and plan on visiting again myself. The owner is gracious and very responsive to our every question.
- Guest Loving Colorado (North Denver Suburbs)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 07/30/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
My sister lives in Denver Colorado. She wanted our first visit to Colorado to be exceptional and researched for a cabin for all five of us to stay, including her two dogs. After much research, she reserved this cabin that offered an exceptional view, the comfort of having all necessities as well as scenery that included nature such as moose and humming birds! We also appreciated the location as we explored Grand Lake town, Estes Park, Grand Lake view and other places we ventured to such as touring the Stanley Hotel. A nearby grocery store offered all needed items to make our stay complete. I would recommend this property to anyone who has dogs as it is pet friendly, an appeal for those who travel with pets. It also is child friendly too, offering many rooms for sleeping arrangement options. The cabin was clean, orderly and welcoming where we all felt comfortable during our stay. We felt blessed to have the chance to enjoy Grand Lake, will certainly consider a return here wehn we come back to visit Colorado in the future.
- Guest Alberta G. (Michigan)
- Date of stay 07/23/13
- Review Submitted 07/28/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
The house is a warm, inviting mountain home, close enough to town to get there in just a few minutes but far enough to be out of the mainstream and noise. We had fox, deer and even a bear one night, enjoyed the early morning views of the lake, entertained a larger group for a family picnic and cannot say enough about how great the house (and Roger) are. I would highly recommend this property and we hope to have a return visit in the near future.
- Guest Mary (Littleton, CO)
- Date of stay 07/12/13
- Review Submitted 07/17/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Spectacular home away from home
Spectacular home away from home
We couldn't have asking for anything more from a vacation home. Roger's home exceeded our expectations. Not to mention the great views of the lake, the home was beautifully decorated with typical mountain accessories which made it a inviting place to spend your family reunion. We brought family from New Jersey which included our 2 year old grandson who really enjoyed himself. This home was spacious, clean and had all the cooking utensils you could possibly want. Thanks to roger, the home owner, for sharing this great home WY from home for us.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 07/02/13
- Review Submitted 07/07/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, people with disabilities, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children, adventure seekers.
Perfect vacation home
Perfect vacation home
This home is not only beautiful but very comfortable. It has an amazing view and we loved having our coffee and looking out of the big windows at all the beautiful scenery. We even spotted a moose in the snow! The home itself is full of everything you will need. Every time I thought "Oh I forgot...." I opened a cabinet and there it was! They have thought of everything! There was tons of room for the entire family including kids. For all you fisherman out there, my husband caught a 36" lake trout!! The fishing in the area is second to none. Tons of outdoor sports and things to do. We can't wait to come back in the summer!! Thanks for the wonderful memories and the beautiful home.
- Guest Amanda F.
- Date of stay 02/23/13
- Review Submitted 02/26/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
lakewood at the lake
lakewood at the lake
We have stayed many places the past 15 years in the grandlake as well as winterpark area. By far this has been the best all around accomadations we have experienced. Great veiw,close to the lake and everything you need is here at the cabin.Looking forward to coming back this summer with our canoe.Really special being here. Thanks Roger!! It was everything you said it was.
- Guest CJ (lakewood,co)
- Date of stay 02/12/13
- Review Submitted 02/15/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, pet owners, families with young children, adventure seekers.
Went up ice fiching with a large group and this house was perfect. Plenty of room in the house for people to lounge around. It was very nice to have the large driveway, had alot of room to park and turn around trailers. Will definitely call next year to reserve again for our ice fishing trip.
- Guest andrea c.
- Date of stay 01/17/13
- Review Submitted 02/05/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, adventure seekers.
Owner response: The house has easy access all year long. Winter is a great time in Grand Lake to enjoy snowmobiles, ice fishing, cross country skiing and snow shoeing. Winter carnival is always a good time too.
Nicely decorated home with beautiful views. Easy to find. Well equipped IE: towels,blankets, furnishing, pillows, all the kitchen gadgets you could need. Very roomy and plenty of parking. Roger was very easy to work with. I am looking forward to returning soon.
- Guest Bart (Colorado Springs)
- Date of stay 01/17/13
- Review Submitted 01/25/13
Recommended for: Pet owners.
We stayed here December 21st through Dec 25th 2012 with our adult children for a family Christmas and snowmobiling trip, had a great time. It snowed a little each day and the snowmobiling was amazing. The cabin is very nice and clean and has everything you will need to be very comfortable. The owner was wonderful to work with and we will be back again for sure. Thanks Roger!
- Guest JB (Nebraska)
- Date of stay 12/21/12
- Review Submitted 01/02/13
This place is great. We rented this house for 4 couples for the weekend and it was perfect. Beautiful views, quiet, comfortable beds, good decor, and a well stocked kitchen with everything you need. A really nice house in a picturesque part of Colorado. Much better than your average vacation rental.
- Guest L.J. (Denver)
- Date of stay 10/26/12
- Review Submitted 10/29/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
** Stay 6 consecutive nights, get 7th night FREE** SHORT notice discount possible PEAK:post Memorial Day weekend to Sept 30, $299/night (** 2 night minimum **) NON-PEAK:Post Oct 1st to Memorial Day Weekend, $199/night(** 2 night minimum **) Winter Holidays: Christmas, New Years .. $399/night (**4 night minimum**). Summer Holiday:$399/night Mem & Labor weekend (3 night min) July 4th-(4 night min) OTHER HOLIDAYS: Thanksgiving... $279/night (**3 night minimum**) Linen & clean fee $100 REFUNDABLE Damage Deposit $400($500 if dogs)LodgingTax 5.7% Midweek ONLY special Mon-Thurs 25% off (2 night min) not including holiday/weekend
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Denver International Airport (DIA) at 150 Miles
- Nearest Train: Granby at 13 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 34 at 12 Miles
- Nearest Beach: On Grand Lake (small - fun for the kids) at 3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Grand Lake at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Grandby Ranch (formerly Sol Vista) at 17 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Grand Lake Golf Course at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Downtown Grand Lake at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: We love the outdoors and all the wildlife. The Village of Grand Lake is small and very special, not like the larger mountain towns or cities! Grand Lake is right on the water.... the largest natural lake in Colorado. We are fortunate to have three nice lakes (and several rivers) right here. Summer and winter fishing. This place is well suited for boats and ATV's as well as snowmobiles and skiing! Enjoy the magic of a small historic Colorado town. A DAY in the mountains is better than a MONTH in town! If you are lucky enough to live on the lake...you are lucky enough! ENJOY!
Why the Owner Chose Grand Lake:
This place is special...you can feel it as soon as you arrive. Fantastic views, plenty of wildlife and friendly people. The largest natural lake in Colorado too. Everything is very close. This area is much smaller (and nicer) than the big ski towns. Largest natural lakes in Colorado. Lots of outdoor activities all around.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I fell in love with this area the first time I visited. A comfortable, slower pace with beautiful mountains and spectacular lake views. Plenty of flat land so you can have fun outside without feel like you are standing on the side of a ski slope. Speaking of ski slopes....cross country skiing and snow shoeing out the front door....downhill ski resorts...Sol Vista (soon to be Granby Ranch ski resort)..... (20 minutes), Winter Park (35 minutes) and Steamboat Springs (90 Minutes). Great fishing summer and winter! Get involved in an ice fishing contest! Plenty of wildlife to see right from the house. Once you get to know the 'Grand Lake Village' experience....you will understand. ENJOY your life...and spend some of it here.
- Primary: 303-919-5216
Spectacular views all around...of Shadow Mountain Lake and four mountain ranges
Nicely decorated for the Holidays. Relax & enjoy a very memorable vacation.
Beautiful 452 sq foot wrap around deck, spectacular views, NICE Weber gas grill.
View of Shadow Mountain Lake from living room. House is on great 1/2 acre lot.
Entry with W/D & utility sink. Soap provided. Good place to keep the dog if need
Living room and kitchen area. Spacious and sunny. View from the gas fireplace.
Master suite full bath, 2 sinks, walkin closet, TV. Great mountain & lake views.
Main floor bunk room, full bed lower, single bed up. Window to front driveway.
Downstairs 4th bedroom. This floor has 1/2 bath. Great mountain & lake views!
Downstairs "den" area, 4th bedroom, living area, fireplace, TV & 1/2 bath. Views
Moose in our front yard...75 feet from the front door! Lots of wildlife around!
White Pelicans that can be seen from our patio (this is a close up photo). Relax
Plenty of level parking, big wraparound deck, spectacular Mountain & Lake views.
Round picnic table, plenty of chairs on south facing deck. Lake & mountain views
Views from the deck - the back yard and Rocky Mountain National Park 5 min drive
Looking North East from deck. Huge views of Shadow Mountain Lake & Mountains!
Spread out & relax, sunny kitchen living room area, sliding glass door to deck.
Master bedroom - great views, plenty of room with large closet and walkin closet
Queen bed main floor. Great mountain and lake views! Plenty of closet space.
Full bath with skylight on main level. Master bedroom suite also has full bath.
Downstairs den area, gas fireplace, satellite TV, 4th bedroom, 1/2 bath, VIEWS!
Pet fiendly, with utility sink in laundry room. This is 'Happy' getting a bath.
A herd of elk in our back yard! Photo from the porch. Keep your camera handy!
Wildlife all over. Have your camera (phone?) ready! Relax & enjoy nature all day
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 01, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.