VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Please note I have some other apartments in Paris: smaller and bigger than this one.
If you are planning a travell around Europe, keep in mind I have an apartment in ROME ( Italy) and an apartments in ISTANBUL ( Turkey).
All my apartment are located in the central area of the cities.
Check below 'All My Rental Listings' for more informations about all my own apartments in Paris, Rome and Istanbul. ----------------------------
The MARAIS LARGE APARTMENT WITH TERRACE ( address : Rue Aubriot, corner Rue Blancs Manteaux, quiet street in the very heart of the Marais, between Rue Saint Croix de la Bretonnerie and Rue des Francs Bourgeois) sunny , bright and well heated loft on two levels, 75 square meters/ 810 square feet, with large green terrace, exposed beams, fireplace, great character, on 3rd ( top floor) of a 17th century building.
Ideal for couples seeking a romantic hideaway, for friends who want a special place in the very heart of old Paris, or for a family who want to live like true Parisians. (There is a small park nearby with facilities for children).
*** THE APARTMENT
Located in the heart of the picturesque and vibrant Marais, the apartment ,tastefully and comfortably furnished (some furniture designed by Rietveld) with exposed beams and picture windows, consists of:
* a large LIVING AREA with one double bed divan, one ordinary sofa, Cable TV ( with International Channels such as BBC), hi-fi stereo/ CD player, desk and French windows opening onto terrace.
* one raised-level BEDROOM with a double bed ( queen size 160x200 cm) and beautiful views over Paris roof-tops.
* Curtained ALCOVE ( off living area, overlooking terrace ) with double bed.
* large KITCHEN fully equipped ( refrigerator, oven, gas-stove with 4 burners, dishes, coffee maker-Italian moka , electric kettle, microwave, juicer, etc.) with fireplace, large dining table and a divan bed.
* The large TERRACE with table and seats is ideal place for eating out on fine days surrounded by plants and flowers.
* one BATHROOM with WC, tub and shower, 2 wash-basins, bidet.
AIR CON, TV ( Cable TV with International Channels such as BBC, CNN, etc), Hi-Fi stereo with CD player, washing machine and dryer, INTERNET ACCESS ( DSL also wireless), telephone for incoming calls ( outgoing calls with prepaid card), 2 fans, hair dryer, coffee maker, kettle, microwave, central heating, iron and ironing board.
* Bed linen and towels available. * PARKING is available in a nearby public garage. * A cleaner is available during the rental period ( at extra cost ). * PARK nearby with facilities for children.
Please note there is no elevator / lift ( as in all such buildings in the Marais ).
*** THE AREA
The MARAIS is one of the liveliest, and safest, areas of the whole of Paris. It has world-famous museums and galleries within easy walking distance. Great restaurants and bars, fashion and art/design boutiques, and shops of every variety (bakers, green grocers, daily market...). There are also churches of every denomination. Swimming and Cinemas are nearby.
*** DISTANCES FROM THE APARTMENT
* 1-5 minutes walk: PLACE DES VOSGES, RIVER SEINE, CENTRE POMPIDOU, PICASSO MUSEUM, ILE SAINT LOUIS.
* 5-10 minutes walk: NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL,RIVE GAUCHE-LEFT BANK, Place de la BASTILLE.
* 10-15 minutes walk: the LOUVRE, Palais Royal and Giardin de Tuileries. Easy distance also for EIFFEL TOWER ( bus stop line 69 is located 1 minute walk from apartment) and MONTMARTRE.
* Excellent METRO/ SUBWAY links: # 1 minute walk from 'Hotel de Ville' metro station (Line 1, direct to the Louvre - though that too is within easy walking distance- and to 'Chatlet-Les Halles ' metro station, the main interlink of Paris where stop the trains TO and from the Airports) # 1 minute walk 'Rambuteau Station' ( line 11) where the Pompidou Centre is located. # 5-10 minute walk 'Chatelet -Les Halles Station': main interlink of 5 lines of metro and 2 RER ( train for CDG Airport and ORLY Airport, Disneyland).
* BUS STOP ( line 69 , direct to Eiffel Tower) is located 1 minute walk.
* AIRPORT: 45 minutes from Charles de Gaulle Airport ( or Orly) to Chatelet with RER, then one metro stop (Hotel de Ville).
* Easy distance from all TRAIN STATIONS.
* A PUBLIC GARAGE PARKING ( 24/24) and a TAXI RANK is located 1 minute walk ( although taxis can be stopped anywhere).
*** RESERVATION: * Security deposit (refundable after departure) required by credit card via paypal.
Keywords: Historic 17 th Century Building in the very heart of Marais, quiet and safe apartment with terrace, wash & dryer, free internet , air con. , minute walk from Place des Vosges, Notre Dame, Centre Pompidou, Picasso Museum, Sein River, Louvre.
Alcove off living room,separated by curtain for more privacy...moreless
Convertible bed: 1 queen
convertible sofa bed (futon) located in the living room....moreless
The apartment can accommodate max 6 persons (+1 baby in the baby crib available on request) sleeping in 3 separate beds located in 3 areas. There are: Queen size Beds (1) in the bedroom; Double Beds (1) in the alcove located just off the living room and separated by curtain for more privacy; Convertible sofa beds / queen size Futon (1) in the living room; baby crib (1) available on request....moreless
The living room gives into the terrace.
There are a sofa and a convertible sofa bed for 2 persons sleeping. Adjacent to the living room there is the 'alcove' with a double bed (separated by curtain)...moreless
Only for incoming calls. With a prepaied card ( purchasable at tobaccos) you can also call out....moreless
There are: an Italian coffee maker 'moka ' type and an American coffee maker....moreless
Dishes & Utensils
The spacious kitchen has a table for up 8 persons sitting and all the necessary to prepare your meal: 4 ring stove, oven, kettle, microwave, utensils and pottery, coffe maker, orange juicer, etc....moreless
You may find some condiments and spices left from previous guests. As welcome I provide basic stock of toilet paper and detergent for washing machine just to start. You will purchase your own items....moreless
Rates are based on 2 guests; add €45 per night, per additional guest
Low season Nov 2 - Dec 17, 2015 1 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add €40 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate 1 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add €45 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Final cleaning fee€180
- Rates are based on number of persons.
- For stay longer than 1 week: the nightly rate is applied to additional night(s).
- Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
- A surcharge on Rates is applied during special periods ( such as for Christmas, Easter, Events, etc).
- Discount available for long stay.
- Final cleaning fee depending on number of persons and length of rent.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.