Charming Rustic Summer Cottage on Verdant Farm with Wifi
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Angelica cabin description
The Granary is a rural, rustic, clean, private, family farm guesthouse available from Memorial Day weekend until the end of September.
This is a renovated 100+ year old granary, that sleeps 4 adults in 1 queen inside and 1 standard double on sleeping porch. Linens provided. Also has sleeping loft with one queen size and two single bed mattresses on the floor (bring sleeping bags for kids). Has sitting area, porches, and equipped kitchen. Indoor half bath and enclosed outdoor shower. Fenced attached play yard for dogs (sheep fencing may not contain very small dogs). Campfire site with wood provided. One tent site near campfire. WiFi and good cell reception.
Located on 125 acre crop farm west of the peaceful village of Angelica, NY off Interstate 86 at exit 31 in the rural Genesee River Valley of western New York State. Farm grows hay, grains, buckwheat and organic vegetables. Angelica is known for it’s quaint charm, antique stores, Saturday Farmers’ Market, Lavender Festival on July 4th weekend Saturday and live music on Friday and Saturday nights.
The Granary comes with some privileges like…a creek for dipping, nice campfire circle with wood provided, and land for roaming. Very nearby are; public access stocked trout fishing on the Genesee or in Allen Lake, and 27 holes of golf. Live music in village on weekends. Decent restaurants.
No Smoking anywhere on premises. No motorized off road machines of any type. No television or phone provided. No air conditioning or central heat, though there is a good electric heater for chilly nights. Please no RV’s or Campers. One extra tent is OK. Legal hunting is fine. No target shooting. No handguns allowed on the grounds.
Chatauqua Institute, Buffalo and Rochester airports all about 90 miles away. Alfred University, SUNY Alfred, Houghton College and St Bonaventure are all under 45 minutes away.
The Granary is available by prior arrangement/reservation only for minimum 2 night stay or two week maximum stay. Check in for guests is 4pm. Check out is 12 noon. Two night stay amount due at booking with remaining payment due two weeks prior to stay. PayPal or personal check.
Keywords: COTTAGE, BUNGALO, FARM, FARMERS' MARKET FARM, RETREAT, FAMILY VACATION HOME, ANTIQUES, ORGANIC FARM, GENESEE RIVER VALLEY, PET FRIENDLY, KID FRIENDLY, SLEEPING PORCH, NO TV, FENCED PLAY YARD, CAMPFIRE SITE, VIEW, LAND, CREEK, HIKING, CYCLING, FISHING, GOLF,
- 600 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
This is a wonderful vacation home for kids. The campfire site and adjacent tent site would be great for older kids to be independent, though it is quite close to the Granary itself, about 40 ft away....moreless
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Queen size Beds (1) Queen sized bed is inside, Double Beds (1) Double bed is on the sleeping porch, Twin or Single Beds (2) In the Granary loft there is one queen sized mattress and 1 single mattress on the floor for kids. Please bring sleeping bags for kids, although bedding can be available by request., Baby Cribs (1) portable travel type crib available by request...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Indoor half bath. Outdoor shower.
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- 100+ year old granary, gently renovated. All wood inside. Rustic, clean, charming, cozy. Campfire/tent site close to cottage overlooking corn/wheat fields below. Misty in the morning. 120 acres of land for wandering. Creek for dipping. Large fenced yard to enclose dogs. Genesee River nearby for trout fishing. Good golf course with Irish pub/restaurant 1 mile away. Queen bed inside. Sleeping porch with double bed. Loft for sleeps 3 for small people. Farm supports local Farmers' Market Stand that sells pancakes, maple syrup and other prepared foods. Farm also grows buckwheat, sweet corn, organic vegetables, lavender, and experimental forage grasses. Good cell reception. WIFI. No TV. Plenty of books. No air conditioning. Plenty of fans. There is an electric heater to take a chilly edge off. Half bath inside. Enclosed outdoor shower with dressing room. Please no RV's or off road motorized vehicles of any type. No smoking anywhere on the property. 2 night minimum. 2 week maximum ...moreless
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
The Granary, especially the campfire circle and tent site overlook lower fields. Below these fields is Angelica Creek. It's not visible from the Granary in the summer but the creek is available for getting wet, great fossil hunting, and fishing for small people who don't mind catching small fish. Dogs LOVE it....moreless
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Massage Therapist
- Letchworth State Park on the Genesee River is 20 miles north with rafting trips available or kayaking/canoeing on your own. Colleges nearby are Alfred University, Alfred State College, St Bonaventure, and Houghton College. Access to Genesee River - NY State Public Fishing Rights Wild Trout Waterway is just a mile away. Waterways Golf Course 1 mile away. Allen Lake for public fishing (no power boats), Finger Lakes Trail passes within 15 miles, as does the Greenway, great biking on rural roads. 2014 Angelica Festivals include; Farmers' Market Opening, June 14. Lavender Festival July 5th. Allegany County Fair, Angelica July 14 - 19. Heritage Days, August 1-3, CIVIL WAR REENACTMENT/ENCAMPMENT mid Sept. Every weekend there is live music and good food in Angelica Friday and Saturday nights at the Black Eyed Susan. There is an Irish Pub at the Waterways Golf course one mile down the road. Corning Glass is 90 minutes away. International Ceramics Museum in Alfred 20 miles away....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful hosts make The Granary a pleasure!
Wonderful hosts make The Granary a pleasure!
My husband and I stayed in the Granary for a week in summer of 2012. It was a charming place surrounded by a working farm with lovely misty views over the fields. My husband enjoyed hiking down to the creek to search for fossils while I sat in a chair and observed. The hosts are warm, lovely, talented people who make certain that the cottage is clean and well-supplied. We highly recommend The Granary and the charm of the town of Angelica.
- Guest Cheryl W. (Grove City, PA)
- Date of stay 07/29/12
- Review Submitted 02/24/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
The Perfect Little Getaway
The Perfect Little Getaway
We took a chance on this little cabin in Angelica for a small honeymoon getaway and we had an awesome time! The cabin is adorable, you will love it the moment you walk in. The grounds are expansive and the creek is a nice little hike down grassy trail. Perfect getaway for dog owners, we brought our two dogs and they felt at home right away. The fenced in yard was huge convenience for us and the additional features like the fire pit area, grill, outdoor shower, screened in porch and cute loft area were the icing on the cake. We had fun exploring the town and nearby attractions and came home with some nice antiques but even better memories. The owners were very helpful and always available if we needed anything.There is no doubt that we will be coming back.
- Guest Kelly Michelle (Fredonia, NY)
- Date of stay 08/15/12
- Review Submitted 08/20/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, pet owners, romantic getaway, girls getaway, sightseeing, families with young children.
Owner response: It was fun to have honeymooners stay at the Granary. Glad you two had a good time and we look forward to you visiting again.
My boyfriend, our dog and I just had an awesome weekend at this cottage! The cottage was perfect. The photos do not do it justice. There is a nice fenced in area for dogs off the front porch. The river is near by. Our dog loved swimming in it. The sleeping porch was awesome. Fell asleep listening to the crickets! The town of Angelica is cute. We went into a few shops, ate at breakfast at Blackeyed Susan's and took in some sites. There is a farmer's market on Saturdays. We ate breakfast at the Cat Bird Griddle stand (the owner's stand) and the food was amazing! We purchased our items for dinner that evening (steaks and veggies) and grilled that night! Can't say enough nice things. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway, this is the place to go!
- Guest pfeffa (lakewood, oh)
- Date of stay 06/29/12
- Review Submitted 07/02/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway, girls getaway, families with young children.
Owner response: Jessica, we're so glad you all had a good time. We hope you come again any time.
The perfect setup for a perfect trip
The perfect setup for a perfect trip
You can always drop into cookie cutter lodging; but for something different and completely satisfying you need to try this beautiful,red cabin in the little town of Angelica, N.Y.. Situated on a small farm this cabin provided everything and more for a fishing and exploring trip with my teenage daughter. We had a full kitchen,a sleeping porch(big bed,great idea),a campfire, and an outside shower.We cooked our fish outside, slept with the sounds and smells of the country in a comfy bed,s'mores for dessert andthe outside shower tickled the senses. The pleasant older couple who own the farm used to have dairy cows but had recently started a new business of frozen prepackaged healthy choice meals which they sell along with their famous buckwheat at the town's Farmer's Market. They had set up prep and cooking areas in one of their out buildings and my daughter had fun helping one day.Although she learned alot and likes to be of help; she had more fun playing and finding fossils in the stream on the back forty. So did I. Highly recommended with lots of unused potential this trip but next time will come with a tent, more of us and make it a party. A quiet one.
- Guest stephen g. (-)
- Date of stay 07/11/11
- Review Submitted 02/14/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, families with teenagers, age 55+, romantic getaway, girls getaway, sightseeing, families with young children.
Just the right amount of rustic chic to make anyone feel at home. We have stayed several times and never were disappointed. Enough beds and nooks and crannies to accommodate everyone's wish for privacy and ambiance. Hosts are friendly, but not intrusive and they like dogs. A great retreat for relaxing or getting work done. Clean and comfortable. I wish I had one of these in my backyard.
- Guest lola (Trumansburg, NY)
- Date of stay 05/23/11
- Review Submitted 06/19/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway, girls getaway, sightseeing, families with young children.
Owner response: Hey, thanks very much. I know you all and Lola enjoyed it here.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
2 night minimum. 2 week maximum stay. Price DOES include all taxes etc. There are NO additional fees.
Reserving the Granary on the calendar requires a %50 deposit at the time of booking. The balance is due 2 weeks prior to arrival. Payment can be by PayPal (email@example.com) or personal check.
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Rochester, NY or Buffalo NY at 90 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 86 at exit 31 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: https://www.facebook.com/fiddlers.patton?fref=ts at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: http://sawyers.wix.com/six-s-golf at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: http://www.black-eyed-susan.com/ at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1975
About the owner: 10 years of dairy farming here spun us off into other careers and then other forms of farming, and we now sell prepared foods at local Farmers' Markets in addition to fostering research on experimental forage grasses and some more traditional forms of farming.
Why the Owner Chose Angelica:
The Granary served as a place to store grain, until several years ago when we renovated it to be a guest house. The building has stood on this farm for well over 100 years.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Angelica has been called 'a hidden gem' by a recent AAA publication. Known as 'the town where history lives', a stroll through the town, a visit to any one of 6+ antique stores, a cup of coffee and a treat at The Sweet Shop, or lunch at the Black Eyed Susan or Heritage Cafe will make just about a perfect day. Waterways Golf Resort less than a mile down the road is fun especially after the 18th hole when you can take advantage of the Irish Pub and Restaurant there. The town of Angelica is little changed since Civil War times so it is one of the most popular reenactment (mid September) locations in the country. The downtown Park Circle has a 'Roque' and basket ball, playground, and many old old Maples. Angelica was the maintenance home of the Pittsburgh, Shawmut, and Northern Railroad. An old PS, and N bridge abutment remains on our property. We welcome guests to roam around on our land and enjoy Angelica Creek that wanders through the property and is loaded with fossils to take home.
Links to more information:
Barn across from the Granary.
Looking out from the sleeping porch on the path to the campfire site
Need a walk in the woods?
Trail from the Granary down to the lower fields and the creek
Angelica Creek on the farm, a dog's paradise!
Sunset from the Granary
Great rural road biking
Come for Civil War Reenactment Weekend in Angelica in September
You can buy our organically grown vegetables at our little produce stand
The Granary with dog pen in the foreground
Misty morning at the Granary
Your morning walk in the hay field below the Granary
Trail to the creek
Lots of souvenir fossil rocks and wild flowers in the creek bottom
Practice your down dog on a log instead of the gym floor...
Kayaking on the Genesee River. Put in is a mile down the road from the Granary
One of the organic vegetable gardens at the farm
The farm runs a food truck at the Angelica Farmers Market on Saturday mornings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, March 07, 2014
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.