Victorian Carriage House on 2+ Acres Near Bike Path & Beaches
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
REFURBISHED 1800's ANTIQUE CARRIAGE HOUSE
(BRAND NEW LISTING FOR 2011)
* Bright, clean & airy antique home with modern amenities.
* Ideal vacation rental for cyclists, couples and families seeking a relaxing retreat in an Old Cape setting.
Set on over 2 acres of sunny gardens and quiet woodlands, this converted Victorian Carriage House offers a peaceful escape within 100 meters of the Cape Cod Rail Trail and less than 1 mile from beautiful Bayside beaches.
Built in the 1800's as a wheelright's carriage shop, the original antique barn has been expanded over the last century and lovingly converted into a charming 3-bedroom cottage with modern conveniences. Hidden down a white-shell driveway and loaded with character, this clean, classic Cape cottage is outfitted with new beds, antiques and original artwork collected by the owners over time.
The Carriage House provides a peaceful, relaxing retreat nestled among quiet woodlands and a sprawling grass field. The sunny side lawn is perfect for kids as well as an afternoon croquet match, a pick-up game of soccer or just stretching out in the sun. The old landscape benefits from mature plantings, including wildflowers, hydrangeas, fruit trees and a giant, old chestnut tree which guards the front lawn.
Filled with natural light through original antique windows, the Carriage House comfortably sleeps up to 6 guests. There is free Wi-Fi internet access as well as air-conditioning. A portable crib and booster seat / high chair can also be provided upon request.
* The Master Bedroom is located on the ground floor and has a queen bed, walk-in closet, chest of drawers and writing desk.
* Two additional Guest Bedrooms are located upstairs -- one with a queen bed and a children's room with 2 twin beds.
* The house benefits from two full Bathrooms including showers (one on each floor).
* The Living Room is filled with natural sunlight through paned glass windows on all 4 walls. With antique wood floors, there is a comfortable couch and wing-back chairs where you can stretch out after a long day at the beach or on the bike bath. The living room also has a brand new flat screen TV with cable.
* The Kitchen has a fridge, stove, large sink, a new microwave, coffee machine and cooking equipment (including Le Creuset cookware).
* The adjacent Dining Room features a hand-painted farmhouse table with seating for 6 people.
* The Laundry Room features a washer, dryer and additional storage.
* Out the back door is a private garden with outdoor furniture and a new gas grill.
* The Carriage House is located approximately 1 mile from Brewster's beautiful, Bayside sandy beaches -- including Paine's Creek, Breakwater Beach, Crosby Landing and Robbin's Hill.
* Just up the road is Main Street (also known as the Old King's Highway in the National Register of Historic Places). The road winds its way through some of the oldest villages in America with many antique shops, resturants and colonial homes.
* The Carriage House is also conveniently located within 100 meters of the Cape Cod Rail Trail which stretches over 20 miles along the length of the Cape from Dennis up to Wellfleet. The bike path offers the genuine Cape Cod experience as it wanders through quaint villages, sandy beaches, pine forests, and cranberry bogs. In addition to cycling and in-line skating, the trail has a wide shoulder to accommodate horseback riding, walkers, and runners.
From the Carriage House you can walk to lunch or dinner, or ride your bike to the beach at Sheep Pond for a swim. Walk up the path to the Stony Brook School in 15 minutes where you can cheer on the Brewster Whitecaps in the Cape Cod Baseball League. You can also reserve one of the new public tennis courts at the Stony Brook School.
LOCAL RESTAURANTS & SHOPS:
The bike path provides easy access to several shops and restaurants within walking distance. Just up the road is a shop to rent bicycles and kayaks. Restaurants and a local fish market are also close by (including the Local Flavor sandwich shop, the Ardeo's mediterranean restaurant, El Guapo's mexican grill and the Breakwater Fish Market). Fresh produce and a butcher are with a 3-minute walk at Ferretti's Market . The Satucket Farm Stand and the Brewster General Store are both within a 2min drive.
NEED MORE ROOM OR A POOL?
* Our family has an additional antique rental property across the street with 5 additional bedrooms as well as a secluded in-ground swimming pool. You can find it by searching for Property #392441 on VRBO:
VRBO Property #392441: 'Beautifully Restored Historic 5-Bed Home with Secluded Pool'
* On a combined basis, these two properties offer 8 bedrooms and can accommodate up to 16 people.
* Our vacation homes are ideal for family reunions or large groups.
* Please email us for more information.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any inquiries. We are happy to answer your questions and provide local insights on our favorite places around Brewster and the Cape.
Our family is excited to share this special antique home with you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Keywords: Cape Cod, Antique, Carriage House, 3 Bedroom, Bike Path, Beaches, Quiet, Peaceful, Charming, Cycling, Tennis, Baseball, Cycling, Swimming, Walking, Skating, Horseback Riding
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- 2.0 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
Kitchen & Dining
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Air Conditioning
- Parking Off Street
- Clothes Dryer
1 Minute Walk to Bike Path. Less Than 1 Mile to the Bayside Beaches. Bike to Sheep Pond in 15 minutes. Public tennis courts and Cape Cod Baseball League games both 15min walk up the bike path. Walk or cycle to Groceries, Bike Rentals and Restaurants. Additional vacation property available for rent across the street with 4 bedrooms (room for 8 people) and secluded in-ground pool. Please Contact Us for Additional Details....morecollapse
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Roller Blading
ReviewsWrite a review
We really enjoyed the carriage home. It included everything you would need for your stay. The homes antiques were lovely. The rooms spacious and tons of outdoor space for the kids to play and adult to sit around and relax. I would recommend highly this rental. The CC rail trail is just a few steps from the house and the beach a short drive away. Great home great location! Another greatCape Cod vacation! The Calls
- Guest Lauren
- Date of stay 07/14/12
- Review Submitted 07/26/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Great authentic Cape house
Great authentic Cape house
Beautiful,charming Cape Cod house. We enjoyed easy access to the bike path and morning walks to the local market. Linens were wonderful--nice backyard. This is great place if you want a true "Cape experience." it is not a fancy place, but it is clean and beautifully decorated. Kitchen is small...but who wants to cook on vacation? Cannot wait to visit it again....
- Guest The Professor
- Date of stay 07/07/12
- Review Submitted 07/18/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Best Place on the Cape!
Best Place on the Cape!
We had such a great stay! The house was adorable and larger than we actually needed. The large yard was great and the proximity to the bike trail and resturants was convenient. Definetly recommend!!
- Guest Amy
- Date of stay 06/23/12
- Review Submitted 07/06/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, girls getaway, families with young children, romantic getaway, families with teenagers.
Brewster Carriage House
Brewster Carriage House
Very lovely carriage house. A real Cape "ambiance" and beautiful inside and out. Very comfortable. Spotless. Plenty of room for the 4 of us. Great location for exploring either end of the Cape. Brewster Flats beach was amazing at low tide. Try breakfast at the Sesuit Harbor Cafe in Dennis. Really fun. Definitely recommend the Carriage house!!!
- Guest Frost
- Date of stay 05/17/12
- Review Submitted 05/27/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
We really enjoyed our stay at your Cape Cod home. It was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped and the beds comfortable. We enjoyed walks on the nearby trail. The location couldn't have been better for touring all of Cape Cod. We would recommend the Brester Coffee House for breakfast. The Wellfleet Oyster festival was the highlight of our stay!
- Guest Deborah V.
- Date of stay 10/14/11
- Review Submitted 11/11/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+.
Wonderful place to stay!
Wonderful place to stay!
My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the carriage house...it couldn't have been more perfect. The owner has clearly put a significant amount of thought and effort in making sure guests have everything they might need in terms of amenities. The house itself is extremely charming and tasteful decorated. The living room is spacious and served us well for gathering as a large family. The owner was great to work with and responded quickly to all our questions. Cant say enough good things We wished we could have stayed longer and definitely plan to stay there again on our next trip to Cape Cod.
- Guest Leesa
- Date of stay 09/09/11
- Review Submitted 09/30/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, age 55+, families with teenagers.
What a cute place!! This is a great house for families, and the location is central to many Cape attractions. The outdoor space is as enjoyable as the indoor area, with lots of room for everyone! The beds are very comfortable, with nice linens. There are many thoughtful extra's, such as beach towels and chairs. My family loved this rental, and would stay here again. The hosts are very accommodating, and truly care about the guest's comfort and satisfaction. Have I mentioned that this place is cute!?!
- Guest nancy
- Date of stay 08/06/11
- Review Submitted 09/01/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Quintessential Cape Cod Cottage
Quintessential Cape Cod Cottage
This old-fashioned cottage has so much charm, but with all the amenities of a new home. Bright and airy and spotless. We especially enjoyed the little sun-filled kitchen which was fully equipped with wonderful cookware, lovely dishes, and several evenings we enjoyed grilled fish at the shaded patio table in the lovely backyard. Wonderful location with the bike bath and walking distance to a great little market. The owners provided a list of restaurants, things to do, as well a basket of wine, local jam and coffee. There were beach chairs, umbrella, beach towels, candles. We felt so welcome! Highly recommend and hope to return!
- Guest Rebecca
- Date of stay 07/16/11
- Review Submitted 07/29/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, romantic getaway.
Sept 9 - Oct 27, 2012...........................$1650/week or $700 for 3 nights Oct 27, 2012 - May 4, 2013......................$1200/week or $600 for 3 nights May 4 - June 1, 2013............................$1650/week or $700 for 3 nights June 1 - Sept 2, 2013 (High Season).............$2050/week (weekly rentals only) * Rates above do not include a cleaning fee of $150 per stay. * Fresh linens and towels included. Weekly rentals are Saturday to Saturday. * For children, rates above also include a baby cot, high chair and baby gate. * For each additional guest over 6 people, there is an extra fee of $75/night.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
Front View of the Carriage House
The beautiful grass lawn provides plenty of room for the kids
The bike path is 100 meters from the house & stretches for 20mi. along the Cape
The living room facing the front of the house
The living room has a flat screen TV, cable, WiFi and comfy seating for 6 people
Dining room looking into the kitchen
Upstairs guest room with queen bed, dresser, closet and side-tables
The laundry room with washer & dryer
White shell driveway leading into the property
A view of the back garden and surrounding woods
Brewster's beautiful bay-side beaches are a 5min drive away
The living room facing the back of the house
Kitchen looking into the dining room
Master bedroom with a queen bed, a writing desk, dresser and a walk-in closet
The upstairs children's room with 2 twin beds, a side table and a dresser
Flowers in the rear garden
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Sunday, January 27, 2013