Modern Creek and Ocean Side Living in Celebrated Green Space
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Victoria condo description
Welcome to Creekside Balance, part of an award-winning green development overlooking Victoria's beautiful upper harbour. Anyone who, like us, is happiest outside, will appreciate our large garden deck, offering plenty of seating and a spectacular view of the ocean and the downtown skyline just across the water. The pond that is our backyard is a stopping place for different species of birds. You can conveniently access the Galloping Goose Trail for a hike or a bike ride just steps from our door, or get a work out in at the gym, open to all guests.
Inside you will find two well-appointed bedrooms on opposite sides of the suite, for maximum privacy. Each has its own full bathroom. Floor-to-ceiling windows let in the light and the view. The large, fully-stocked kitchen features granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and a full-size table and bar stools for extra seating.
Stay connected with our wireless internet service and cable t.v.
Keywords: condo, ocean view, water view, Vic West, close to downtown, bike trails, Galloping Goose Trail access
- 1150 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Quiet location, slightly off downtown core, LEEDS platinum rated development, man made creek runs across property -- attracts birds, popular cafe and bakery on site, a block from groceries, adjacent to the famed Galloping Goose Trail, overlooks the upper harbour and a working ship yard, situated between two main bridges to downtown, steps to the Selkirk Trestle foot bridge, welcoming large outdoor patio overlooking the water and your own creek, full gym facility...moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Live Theater
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- We are proud to own a condo in Dockside Green, not only because of its attractive appearance and location, but also because of its green designation and smart use of sustainable technology. Committed to the LEEDS Platinum rating system (LEED stands for “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design”), Dockside has its own biomass gasification plant that converts waste wood into gas that is burned to generate hot water and heat for the development. Balance is the second residential phase at Dockside. All of the condos in Balance were designed to encourage appreciation of the outdoors. Ours, for instance, has floor-to-ceiling windows facing the harbour, a working dock and, finally, our man-made creek. It is no accident that our patio is fully a third the size of the entire suite – we carefully chose this plan to optimize our (and your) outdoor experience. Dockside boasts its own cafe and bakery. We know you will enjoy the European flair of both. Guests are also welcome to access the Dockside fitness centre, located on-site. Dockside is attractive not only for its beauty and proximity to the harbour, but also for its conveniences. Save-on-Foods and a plaza full of great stores and services is literally across the road. The Galloping Goose Trail runs right past our back door. There are two water taxi stops adjacent to Dockside Green. Alternatively, take a stroll downtown, which is just across the water. A ten-minute walk across the Johnson Street bridge will take you there. Our condo offers wifi, cable t.v. and all of the modern conveniences you would expect in a condo of this calibre. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Discounts: 15 nights or more: C$175 Nightly
Jun 15 - Sep 15
7 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: C$200 Nightly
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$500
- Pet Fee: C$200
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We both have a connection to the island. Karen was born here and Chris spent his summers with his grandparents on Texada Island every year. So, we had been thinking of finding an island getaway in Victoria. It was important to us to be close to downtown and the harbour, restaurants, shopping and night life, but we also really love the outdoors and wanted something not too urban. We spent a lot of time finding just the right place, and finally settled on Dockside Green, a celebrated LEEDS Platinum rated development in Vic West. It has everything we need to relax and enjoy the time we get to spend in Victoria until we can, perhaps, live there some day. In the meantime, we continue to live in Edmonton with our children, dogs and cats. Our home in Edmonton is, like our Victoria place, is close to downtown but also very near outdoor and recreational opportunities. The best of both worlds.
Why the Owner Chose Victoria:
This location has everything. It is within walking or biking distance to downtown, and yet it is quiet. It overlooks the harbour, is handy to the Galloping Goose Trail, and is a very short walk to the grocery and other stores. The development itself is new, attractive and has a LEEDS Platinum rating. It was much in the news for its green initiatives, including its own biomass gasification plant that converts waste wood into gas to generate hot water and heat. It also has its own sewage treatment plant. We were also amazed that it recycles its own waste water for toilets, irrigation and features like the beautiful creek that runs through out backyard.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
We love to sit on the deck and watch the kayakers go by in the water right below us. Most mornings we stroll down the path behind the building to sit on the outdoor patio of Caffe Fantastico and Fol Epi Bakery. They serve a great cappuccino and a croissant. We also love to cycle to the outdoor community tennis courts in Vic West for a set or two. The Galloping Goose Trail is beautiful, and can take you over the Selkirk Trestle foot bridge to the other side of the water, which is a lovely walk or run. Or we can go the other way, over the Johnson Street Bridge. The water taxi is also handy, and a scenic way to get downtown or anywhere else on the taxi route. For the most part, we can walk/run/cycle anywhere we want to go. No need for the car most days. Even the grocery store is close by.
- Primary: 780-990-9351
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The enormous patio and backyard creek, overlooking the Upper Harbour of Victoria
More seating in the living room
ensuite bathroom, featuring a separate bathtub and shower stall
king size bed in master suite
View from the backyard patio. Downtown Victoria is in the distance.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, June 14, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.