Exclusive Two Storey Heritage Penthouse in the Heart of Victoria
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Victoria condo description
One block from the inner harbour, on Government Street, in the heart of the tourism district and walking distance to a wide variety of fine restaurants, is where you will find this exclusive penthouse.
The spacious two storey condo is a stylish heritage conversion perfectly located in the heart of old-town Victoria. What sets this meticulously restored building apart is that it meets modern building requirements, yet preserving one of Victoria’s heritage treasures, the famous 121 year old Victoria hotel. Originally built in 1892 as a first class hotel designed by architect Thomas Hooper, it is now the perfect blend of modern facilities with the romance and magic of old-world design.
Located at one of the hippest intersections in the city's commercial core, the rows of storefront and upper storey windows of this building provides an intermediate connection between the historic Old Town and Chinatown.
The private, beautifully landscaped, 800 sq ft roof terrace and garden overlooks the popular intersection of Government and Johnston streets. This gem is truly one of a kind!
Its unique heritage features are exquisitely blended with all the modern comforts.
• Two spacious bedrooms, two bathrooms
• 13 foot ceilings with 8ft tall original sash windows, facing south and east that ensure maximum sunlight.
• Original red brick walls and 18” by 12” douglas fir beams.
• A rooftop den which can be used as yoga or workout room.
• Beautiful teak floors throughout.
• The suite is 1273 sq ft, plus the 800 sq ft roof terrace and garden.
• Central heating.
• Secure underground parking space.
• Washer & dryer machines
• Gas stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave
• The living/dining area features two love seats, comfortable leather armchair, artwork, a small collection of books, ceiling fan, large flat screen tv, bose stereo.
• Telephone and wireless internet.
• Ideal location for walks in downtown Victoria to many hot spots, including pubs, fine dining, shopping & historic buildings. Perfect for anyone wanting to explore the city on foot.
All the extras that our guests would need upon arrival are provided.
We can't wait to welcome you to our home away from home!
- On floor 3
- 1273 sq. ft.
- Elevator : 4 floors including underground parking
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Tim & heather - Our managers, live, work and play in victoria for most of their lives and are waiting to welcome you to your home away from home. They are a perfect resource to the start of your vacation. Anything you need to know about our property, Victoria and the surrounding area, they are more than happy to help. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Live Theater
- Autumn Foliage
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
- Rain Forests
- Botanical Garden
- Not Necessary
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain View
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Climbing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Tubing
- Ice Skating
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Water Skiing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Mar 31, 2014
7 night min stay
Apr 1 - Oct 31, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
25% deposit required to secure booking; the balance payable 30 days prior to arrival and can be paid online by credit card & e-check using the "Book it Now" icon or via Pay Pal.
Canadian guests can also pay by Interac e-transfer
Security deposit is refunded once there are no damages or breakages, fair wear and tear excepted
Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$250
- One time exit cleaning fee: C$75
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Victoria International Airport at 26 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Victoria Clipper to Seattle, WA at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Bus Depot Station at 0.3 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 17 & Highway 1 at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Several Choices within at 0.1 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Mount Washington Ski Resort at 245 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Cedar Hill Public Golf Course at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Several Choices within at 0.1 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Carole and I love to wander the world, explore new places and share our journeys with our friends! As a result we now have a few special places we want to share with you. Originally from the Caribbean- Jamaica and Barbados- we live most of the year in Toronto, Canada. Our properties- three in Barbados and one in Victoria are reflections of who we are. Adventuresome, social and global we have 8 children between us and a growing list of grandchildren travel to visit! We invite you to enjoy one of our homes when you choose to explore charming Victoria or stunning Barbados. More than just a room, these special places are for those with discerning taste who are looking to immerse themselves in the local culture. Designed and styled by Carole who is a photographer and artist and influenced by Danny who loves polo, entertaining and relaxing Jamaican style the blend of charm, sophistication and warmth will leave you with memories for years. Hopefully our second homes will become yours!
Why the Owner Chose Victoria:
Carole and I have a special love for Victoria. Our penthouse reflects the ideal location & heritage value in the heart of Old Town, within walking distance of all the great spots.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Our distinctive 1273 sq ft unit is located on the top floor of a dominant three storey heritage building in one of the most beautiful cities in the World. The 800 sq ft private roof terrace and garden with its wooden planters, flower pots and 'camp fire style' natural gas heater, overlooks the intersection of Johnson and Government streets, one of the busiest intersections in the city's commercial core. The 13 ft ceilings, original red brick interior walls and huge 18” by 12” douglas fir (original) beams make it very special.
- Primary: +1 2502945807 Tim & Heather - Our Managers
- Secondary: +1 4162669225 Trish
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Private 800 sq ft roof terrace and garden. Our hidden Gem!
Living - dining combo
Full kitchen with all modern appliances
Master bedroom ensuite and flat screen TV
Full bathroom # 2
Upper level Den/studio & yoga room with futon.
Roof terrace and garden, with feng shui fountain.
View of the intersection of Government and Johnson streets from the roof garden.
Original Victoria Hotel - circa 1892
Tim & Heather - Our Managers
The Fairmont Empress Hotel - cornerstone of Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbour.
Gates of Harmonious Interest, Victoria's China Town, one block from the condo.
Living Area with fire place
Living area featuring high ceiling fan
Master bedroom with original red brick walls.
Stairway to upstairs den and private roof garden.
View of the roof garden from the upper level den
The roof terrace and garden at night - Our manager, Heather relaxing.
Lower Johnson street with its boutique storefronts, from the roof garden.
The Victoria Hotel today.
World renown Butchart Gardens, Victoria's most popular attraction.
A view of the Inner Harbour.
The famous Parliament Buildings on Belleville street facing the Inner Harbour.
Get a rental quote, then book it!